♫ three

Midnight Cypher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alex went into her classroom and stretched. It had been her first day back since the rainstorm. She was actually missing the days she was dying from dancing too much and the late night bus trips. She was weird like that, but once you have become used to those patterns, it all becomes something you want.

“How have you been Alex?” Her boss walked in leaning against the doorframe, it was always her first action before fully entering the room. Alex smiled upon hearing her voice. She was basically her second mom, or at least the mother figure in Korea she needed.

“I’m great Yesterday was just weird.” She laughed remembering what happened the day before and the day before that. She sighed after the laugh died off, it was funny but not that funny. However, she didn’t want to worry her boss. It would be hard to stop her at a certain point of worry.

“Weird? How?” She came into the room concern written in her features while standing in front of Alex. Alex, however, simply pat her on the shoulders and smiled reassuringly.
“You don’t need to worry. Just the weather and everything caught me off guard. It was weird since I had no milk and had to run to the store quickly.” She explained easily making sure not to involve her neighbors in any part of the story.

She nodded slowly not too sure but letting the worry leave with the smile being seen from the girl. “Okay. Just wondering Alex.” She ruffled the girls big curls and smiled while walking towards the door again. “The kids will be arriving soon, make sure to have fun. If one of them pulls your hair again send them to me, I’ll scold them.” She pointed while raising her eyebrows making sure it is known to Alex.

“Got it!” Alex nodded and smiled while waving her away. She was really happy to have someone like her on her side while she was in Korea, not having made any Korean friends well that many because of her job having no actual connection to programs, she was somewhat alone. She had one friend or two and they were pretty busy sometimes.

Alex rubbed her head sighing quietly to herself. It was six at night and she had just finished her class. Everyone had left and only the adult classes were occurring with some rooms just being used for free as people practiced or had fun.

The usual culprit pulled her hair again. She assumed the kid wanted it to be like a slinky or something. She pouted, it really hurt each time if it didn’t go like she wanted it to then she would pull it again harder. Such an evil child she thought.

Alex looked around, her bag simply went in her locker, tomorrow was her day off and she had cleaned all the clothes in the laundry mat across the street. “Should I go out today?” She spoke quietly to herself. It hasn’t been long since she had been inside Korea, and she wanted to open up her surroundings and mind more to the place.

“Clubbing it is.” She smiled to herself and went back into the studio. Maybe her boss would have a nice dress she could borrow or maybe she could drive her to her place. It was a quick run by car.

“Hey, you have a dress I can borrow, preferably tight.” She asked casually, not finding it too much of a weird question, well at least she thought before getting a weird look. Oh yeah, older Korean women, not much of a clubber.

“uh,conformation…maybe.” She smiled nonetheless and followed after her, they entered her car and headed over to her place, like she mentioned, it was a quick run by car and they arrived within five minutes at the most. “Here is the key, go right on in.” Alex had been inside her place before, she stayed there when she first arrived in Korea, and she had crashed from jetlag. She walked up to the door as her boss had parked the car carefully, it was dark and she always worried about the stray cat that came by every once in awhile.

Alex peeked inside and closed the door, keeping It unlocked since her boss was obviously bound to come in eventually. She walked into her room and peeked into the closet carefully. She had got permission to check but she was still always so polite and didn’t want to just go inside, but she eventually found herself looking through the clothes. She looked at a few dressed and smiled upon finding a nice black one.

“did you find one?” Her boss had finally parked the car and went inside the room setting her own bags down from the car on the bed. Alex looked over and placed the dress against her body, silently asking for approval. She nodded and smiled giving thumbs up. “That is perfect. But will it be too tight? I want to make sure you are comfortable.” Alex accepted the fact that she was thicker than the people around her. She nodded and smiled hapconfirmation.

“I will be fine. Thank you for worrying.” She went into the bathroom and quickly changed into the dress. Her makeup bag on the sink, she began placing it on. Not too much since she did tend to do a more natural look just so it would be easier to take off when she was done partying.

She came out and spun around before posing, her hands on her hips a big smile on her face. “Good?”

“Perfect. You look y.” She laughed at her boss’s comment and crossed her arms before walking into the living room to go get her shoes back on, wanting to leave quickly as to let her boss continue what she was doing, or at least planned on doing.

“I’ll head out now.” Alex held her makeup bag and opened the door before being stopped by her frowning boss.

“I’ll drive you, I’m not letting you out like that by yourself. Call me when you are done and I’ll pick you up.” Alex looked at her and smiled softly, she didn’t think all of that was necessary, knowing her boss was stubborn she nodded, taking the helpful actions and accepting them.

“Okay, I’ll get in the car then.” Alex opened the door again and walked out while heading to the car and leaning carefully against the passenger door. Her boss came out a few seconds later with her shoes on and her keys jingling in her hand.

----

The club was blaring music like it typically should. This was the first time to a club in Korea. She was actually worried she wouldn’t be able to do it because of her schedule, she would be too tired, but she wasn’t so she took the chance. There was a guard checking peoples id’s on the outside and once she took hers out and showed him he smiled and let her in easily. It was dark almost immediately with streaks of light being the only guide through the hallway.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter