birthday girl

단풍 나무 The maple tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooji learned that Hoseok’s mother is an alcoholic and she goes around sleeping with many other men. Apparently, the day of the accident was his father’s death anniversary and again that night, Hoseok saw her with an unknown man in a club. In anger, Hoseok left the place and went speeding through the streets of Gwangju.

As Sooji pushed Hoseok back to the ward, she was called by a young doctor for a check-up.

“Annyeong, I’m Dr. Lee Seunghyun. You must be Hoseok,” The doctor waved at him. Hoseok gave him a slight smile.

“Sorry, I need to borrow Sooji for a while. I’ll ask Nurse Jihyo to bring you back to your room,” Dr. Lee said but before he could call Jihyo to come, Hoseok already refused, “It’s alright, Dr. Lee. I can go by myself.”

Dr. Lee gave him a nod, “Alright then. Take care, Hoseok.”

Sooji followed Dr. Lee to his office and as her figure disappeared through the hallway, Hoseok didn’t know why but he felt something heavy in his heart.

 

 

Hoseok was awoken the next day by the sound of Sooji’s voice. He has drawn back the curtain in between them and saw that she was FaceTiming her mother.

“Oh, Hoseok-ah!” Sooji greeted him and turned her phone camera towards him so that her mother could see Hoseok too.

“Mom, this is Hoseok, Hoseok, this is Mom,” Sooji introduced them to each other and even though the image was a little blurry, Hoseok could see the resemblance of Sooji and her Mom. They were like a carbon copy of each other.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Hoseok greeted with a bow, “Jung Hoseok-imnida.”

“Annyeong, Hoseok,” Her mother waved through the phone camera, “It’s nice to see you. Sooji was telling me through text about you. Hope you get well soon!”

“Thank you, Auntie,” Hoseok gave her a bow again. Suddenly, the sound of the curtain being drawn back was heard behind him. Over there, stood Younghyun who was usually sleeping at this time of the day but this time, he was wide awake, complete with a wide smile on his face.

“Auntie! I’ve missed you!” Younghyun called as he walked over to see Sooji’s Mom clearly.

Sooji’s Mom chuckled, “Aigoo, our Younghyunnie. How are you, dear?”

“I’m good, Auntie. Are you coming back soon?” Younghyun asked.

“Sorry dear, I can’t visit today. Things are too heated up here that I can’t even leave my desk after 6!” Sooji’s Mom laughed.

“Aww, Mom, I do wish you can come soon,” Sooji said this time.

Sooji’s Mom gave them a reassuring smile, “Don’t worry, I’ll come next time with Girls’ Generation’s signatures!”

Sooji widened her eyes, “Jinjjayo Mom?! You’ll get me Girls’ Generation’s autographs?!”

“Yes, yes! I heard next week they’ll have a fansign event near my office and I’ll come down to meet them alright!”

“Please say hi to Taeyeon Noona for me, Auntie!” Younghyun said and the woman on the line gave him an ‘ok’ sign.

“And that’ll be your birthday present, Sooji-ah,” Mom said.

“You coming to see me here is already a present, Mom. I miss you so much. Jimin missed you too,” Sooji pouted.

“Alright, I’ll try to come soon alright? Again, happy birthday my daughter!” the older woman blew Sooji kisses.

Sooji blew back some kisses to her Mom, “Thank you, Mom!”

“Alright. I gotta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter