7th

Sidekick

Sorry for not updating in a while. Writer's block visited me so I wasn't able to update. But finally I finalized my thoughts and this is it! New Year is coming and I hope you had a great vacation! I would also like to encourage you guys to comment more as it motivates me to continue this story. Thank you! Dont be shy keke ;-;
I tried making the cover, that's what I did, it will do, for now XD!

---------------

Momo's POV

Beads of sweat trickle down my neck as I continue punching the punching bag infront of me. I just got discharged yesterday and yet I'm here at our gym, strengthening myself. I was heavily injured because of the recent events and I need to up my game and disregard my injuries. I threw punches but I frowned when the bag just moved a little, I smirked and readied myself as I'm going to throw a powerful one. 

A loud thump can be heard aswell as the punching bag glide across the room. I smiled, but immediately winced when my arm stung. I looked at it and blood started to gush out. I sighed.

I'm still not fully healed, Goddamnit.

I walked towards my bag and pulled a disinfectant and a bandage. I poured the disinfectant on a clean cloth and pressed it lightly on my wound. 

"Ouch! Goddamnit, not to hard, Momo!" I shouted at myself out of frustration.

The door opened but I didn't pay attention to it, I continued damping the cloth to my wound and cursed when it came into contact. Pressing it for the third time, someone snatched it from my hands. I looked up and saw Nayeon intently looking at me.

I spat, "What?"

"What the  do you think you're doing?"

I mentally rolled my eyes, "What do you think I am doing? Ofcourse I'm training!"

"Training? Are you out of your mind, Momo? You just got discharged and you're torturing yourself!"

I huffed, "Seriously, Nayeon? I'm doing this to protect you!"

"I know, but not now! For God's sake, Momo! Look at you! You still have fresh wounds and you're still weak and pale! What the hell, and this times, you're thinking about me? You're unbelievable!" Nayeon eyed me from head to toe before grabbing me by the waist and pulling me from the gym.

"Could you just mind you're own business? I need to go back."

"But you are my business!"

I was caught aback, I looked at her face and she is dead serious. She's not even glancing at me. I've made her mad. Just great.

She stopped walking and faced a door infront of us. I looked up and saw my room. 

"Nayeon, this is my--."

"Password?"

"W-What?"

"What's the password?"

I swallowed a lump on my throat.

"I'll just input it.."

"No, give me the password, Momo."

"B-But--"

"No buts!"

I sighed before finally giving in, "Fine, it's 92295."

She looked at me, shocked, but immediately changed her face into a poker one. She inputted the password and opened the door. She gently pushed me in and closed the door behind her.

She lend a hand which I weirdly looked at. 

"What?"

"Just give me your hand, you stink. I'm going to bathe you."

"Huh? N-No need Nayeon! I-I can managed myself." I quickly ran towards the bathroom and closed the door. I leaned on it and sighed, my cheeks display a bright red color.

I mentally slapped myself and let out a groan. "Aish. That squirtle is slowly bringing my soft side again. That's a major no-no."

I shook my head, dismissing my silly thoughts and went on to take care of my business.

-------

Nayeon's POV

*Ring Ring*

I jumped a little when my pocket vibrated, I chucked my hand in and fished my phone out to accept the call.

"Yoboseyo? Who is this?"

"It's me, Dahyun! I'm calling all Twice Members here in the laboratory for an urgent meeting. I need all of you, ASAP! Thanks!" After that, the line went dead and I stared at my phone. Weird. It's like that call was automated. Hmpf, better get going then!

Wait, Momo's with me, did I just forgot about her? Facepalm.

I stood up and went to the bathroom. I softly knocked and called Momorin out, "Momorin~ Dahyun is calling us at the laboratory for an urgent meet--." My words got cut when Momo opened the door and a girl came out, her hair is still wet and she's covered by a thin towel.

"Yeah, I know." She rushed to her walk in closet but quickly stopped and turned her head to my direction, "What did you call me??

"Uhhm.. I called you Momorin.." She turned her back from me and I swore that I saw her smirk. 

"Cute."

Huh? What did she say? "H-Huh? What did you say?"

"Nothing, wait for me, I'll get dressed up in a bit." Without a warning, she dropped her towel, exposing her back and her . She stepped inside her closet and closed the door behind her. Heat rose to my cheeks as I look down while whistling.

A minute passed by and I heard rustling behind me, I looked behind me and saw Momo quickly running her hand on her hair before pulling my hand and running towards the door.

We ran towards the laboratory and arrived just in time. Dahyun was sitting on a chair in the middle of the room while other members sat down infront of her. We settled down beside Mina and Sana. I looked down at our intertwined hands and blushed, pulling my hand was a bad idea as Momo just tightened her hold on me. I lightly shook my head and focused at Dahyun.

"Now that all of you are here, I am happy to announce that--"

Jungyeon butted in, "The Salties are gone?"

"What? No! Jungyeon, settle down.. Jeez, let me finish first." Jungyeon slumped down at her seat and frowned, obviously annoyed at the fact that the Salties are still not gone.

"As I said, before Jungyeon rudely interrupte--."

"Tss, Sorry!" Jungyeon shouted.

"Oh my God, are you serious right now?" Dahyun mumbled but it was loud enough for us to hear it, we all bursted laughing at Dahyun's failed attempts to talk.

Dahyun rolled her eyes and pressed a button on her panel, which caused our chairs to emit a electric charge to our body. It was sudden and short, but it hurt like hell.

Momo shouted, "What the hell was that for?!" 

We all carressed  our and glared at Dahyun, who was laughing her heart out.

"Payback, es!"

"This b--."

"Hep! No! This is serious, okay. So as I said, I am into this project I had proposed, and the news is that the project was succesfull." Everyone clapped, even Momo, so I joined in even though I don't have any idea to what this project is. 

Dahyun pressed another button on the panel and suddenly a hologram displayed infront of us. It projected about the project. 

PROJECT:COMMUNICATION

It stated that the members of Twice have a special brain tissue that allows them to communicate with each other without the use of voices. Purely they only use their brain as their line to communicate with each other. This tissue was recently discovered by Dahyun herself and she immediately got onto work. She proposed that if the brain tissue is observed enough, she can come up with a solution that will enable that certain tissue, thus, enabling us to communicate with each other through the brain.

Status: COMPLETED

Dahyun cleared and turned off the hologram. She reached down and got a hold of a syringe. 
"This is the serum that will activate that tissue of ours, I will inject this into us and watch what will happen." Dahyun smirked and got hold of the 9 syringes full of the so-called-serum before injecting herself with one.

Dahyun stood up and called the members, Momo stood up and pulled me towards Dahyun. She bowed her head so it was on the same level as mine befor whispering, "You'll go first, silly." 

Goosebumps visited my entire body as I look over Dahyun, my body weakened and my mind completely confused on how I got goosebumps, is it because of my fear of syringes or when Momo called me silly?

My thoughts disappeared when Momo kissed my cheek, calming me down. I looked at her and she smiled at me before nodding, signaling me to go to Dahyun. I wanted to say something but something was holding me back. She whispered, "Go, You can do it Nayeon.." I nodded and tiptoed to place a peck on her cheek. She blushed and I smiled and walked towards Dahyun.

She smiled and me and reassured that it wont hurt, "Don't worry, Nayeon-ah! This won't hurt, I promise!" I sat down infront of her and she pulled my sleeve up, she got disinfected the area and slowly injected me with the serum. I hissed when the needle pierced through my flesh, I glanced at Momo but she just gave me a thumbs up. Dahyun injected the content and quickly retrieved the syringe and placed a cotton on the injected part. She patted my other shoulder before smiling at me. "Good job, Nayeon."

'Good, is it working, Nayeon ah?' I quickly clutched my brain when it stung and I looked at Dahyun, she smiled but I heard her voice inside my head.

'It's working, Nayeon! But close your mind, there are many thoughts that I can read now.' 

'W-What?!' Dahyun flinched, and I swore that it isn't intentional. Suddenly I can take control of my mind.

'Just close your mind, imagine putting up a wall around your brain, that's how you lock up your thoughts. You can bring it down when other members want to speak to you. Understand?' I nodded at Dahyun and walked towards Momo. I smiled at her. 

"It works, Momo! Your turn now." Momo eventually stood up and got her serum injected, I laughed at her reaction when she heard Dahyun talk, I opened my brain so I could talk to Momo too.

'Momorin~ Is it working?' Momo looked at me with a weird expression and nodded.

'It works, silly.' I let out a soft giggle and looked at the other member's expressions when they got their serum injected. They were hilarious but happy at the same time now that we can communicate without enemy bypassing our systems.

In no time, the members gained control on how to use this advanced technology that we were able to acquire, thanks to our genius, Dahyun. We were communicating through our brain when,

*BOOM*

We all ducked down and looked at the door, smoke was there and the door was blasted open.

'OH NO NOT THIS AGAIN, GUYS!' We all said in unison and eyed each other before laughing quietly. We all stood up but the lights went out. I lost Momo's hands as strong hands s me away from the group as I inhaled scent from the handkerchief that covered my face, causing me to black out.

---------