4th

Sidekick

Hello! I'm back! Finally finished my real life events and as promised, an update! Enjoy :)

----------

(Earpiece conversations are represented by bold characters)

----------

Momo's POV

I started walking towards the event hall, gently dragging Nayeon, who was trailing behind me. She's probably wondering why I made her dress formally.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She shifted her gaze from the floor to mine, before answering with a simple nod.

'Momo, where are you?' Jihyo's loud voice emerged from my earpiece, causing me to jump a little. Nayeon looked at me with a weird expression, I pointed my ear and she noticed that I'm wearing an earpiece. She understood and just nodded silently.

I pressed the small button near my collar and said, 'Holy Jihyo, lower your volume. Your voice, it's too ing loud.'

Nayeon cringed when she heard me cuss. I flashed her an apologetic smile, hoping she would understand.

'Oh yeah, the volume's shot up, sorry about that. Anyways, people here are ready, where are you? Hurry up for pete's sake.' 

I walked a little faster after hearing Jihyo's request, Nayeon's pace quickly followed mine. Within minutes, we reached the events room and we entered the back door. Nayeon stopped which also made me stop.

"What? We need to hurry, Nayeon."

Nayeon shook her head and said, "Why are you bringing me there? I'm just a visitor here."

I groaned and just pulled Nayeon with me. We appeared on the stage and Nayeon looked down, obviously shy.

'Momo, are you ready?' I heard all the voices coming from other members asking me if I'm ready.

Well, hell yeah. I've waited too long for this. No turning back.

'Heck, yeah. Get into your position, monitor your surroundings. Alert me if you saw anything peculiar.'

I eyed all the members that are sitting on the chairs. We signaled each other and silently nodded.

I looked at Nayeon and smiled at her. She just smiled back at me and the lights , spotlight on us.

--------

Nayeon's POV

How the heck did I get here in the first place? . This is not good. 

I squinted my eyes when direct light shone upon us. I questioningly looked at Momo but she just smiled at me and tightened her hands on mine.

What am I even doing here? 

"Goodevening everybody. As you currently know, this organization was knowingly owned by my father, Hirai Hajime. He was known for building this organization from the start." Momo paused and eyed the crowd and continued again.

"But, my father couldn't have done it by himself without the help of Mr. Im Gun." My ears twitched when I heard my father's name. I turned my head at Momo and looked at her, shocked of the sudden news.

MY FATHER IS ALSO THE FOUNDER OF THIS ORGANIZATION?!

Well, 's about to get real.

Momo glanced at me, but again focused her eyes on the audience. I only noticed that there's a lot, I meant a ton of people here.

"You may not know this, but Mr. Im Gun died protecting someone."

"And that someone is the girl beside me, Ms. Im Nayeon."

"She is the daughter of Mr. Im Gun, the true heirress of Twice Agency." I couldn't properly process the amount of information my brain is receiving right now. 

Memories also keep flashing on my mind, causing me to flinch and clutch my head. Silently groaning, I opened my eyes and felt a surge of energy inside me. I looked at Momo who is still talking, I remembered her. The same girl I used to play with when I was a child. The same eyes, nose, and lips. I closed my eyes again, memories kept rushing in while I kept groaning. Why is this hidden from me? I heard my father's voice in my mind. 

"Im Nayeon, the time you can hear this message, you were revealed to the world your father used to live in. I may not be with you in that time, but I will always guide you. Your sidekick, Hirai Momo is there for you and you will work together to build the agency back to it's roots. Momo waited for you a long time. And that time is now."

"You were with me when I was working on a special project that will unlock the final stages before becoming a real assasin. The enemy knew that you were born, making it a risk to continue it. So I shut it down together with Hajime. Hajime successfully fled while I was stuck in the agency. The enemy cornered me and I knew that Momo was waiting for you. The only way for you to escape harm is injecting a temporary amnesia that will help forget your memories and will return in the right time. Momo managed to save you, and I died protecting you."

"With proper guidance, you will become unstoppable Im Nayeon. Please remember that I'm very proud of you, my daughter. I love you and take care."

A tear escaped my eyes when I heard the secret message. I finally understood my purpose. All these, was done to protect me.
I looked at Momo with a strong look and fixed my posture. I intertwined my hand with hers, startling her.

"I'm ready, Momo. Let's do this." Momo looked at me with wide eyes but smiled at me when she realized what happened.

I was about to say something but I was interrupted with a loud bang, coming from the room's entrance. Smoke emerged and I can see 5 human figures emerging from the smoke. 

----------