Chapter Eleven

Determined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of thunder boomed from a distance, and Kyuhyun cursed. He was busy flinging his things around his locker, desperately looking for his umbrella. He left his at home, but he always had a spare one in his locker, as he had been caught in the rain several times in the past without it. He had stowed his spare during the first week of the semester and it had stayed there ever since. Unless...

Slapping his forehead, Kyuhyun suddenly recalled that he had managed to break his first umbrella when he had tried to brave the harsh rain and air during a storm two months earlier. He rushed back to the school then (fortunately he was still just a few meters away from the school gates) and asked his father to pick him up once the weather became more tolerable. He now remembered taking out his spare umbrella before going home that day.

And he had forgotten to buy another one to put in his locker.

Dispirited, Kyuhyun locked his locker and glanced out of the windows. The rain was still falling heavily, but thankfully there was no wind this time. He would've been able to go home easily if only he wasn't forgetful that morning.

He took out his phone and stared at it blankly. His father was curently out ot town for a business trip and would not be back for three more days. He had taken their driver with him, and his mother and sister didn't know how to drive the cars left on their garage. Kyuhyun knew how to, but he's still too young to have a driver's license.

Watching the rain, Kyuhyun weighed his options. He could walk in the rain with just his thick hoodie, but that might get him sick. And now would be the worst time for him to do so - after all, he had promised Yesung that he would be tutoring him tomorrow.

Walking around the school, Kyuhyun decided to just stay in the library until the rain had lessened. He'd just use the time to finish his homeworks -

"Kyuhyun?"

Turning, Kyuhyun saw Yesung smiling at him.

A smile also formed immediately on his face. "Hello hyung."

"Why are you still here? Didn't your last class ended hours ago?" Yesung asked, and Kyuhyun felt a little giddy at the thought that Yesung had memorized his class schedule.

"I met up with some of my classmates for a group project." Kyuhyun explained. "It ended just a few minutes ago."

"Oh, okay. And," Yesung looked to Kyuhyun's left and then right, obviously looking for someone. "where's Donghae? You guys usually go home together, right?"

"He already went home. I told him not to wait for me." Kyuhyun said, wishing that he had borrowed his friend's umbrella before he went home. When Donghae left, it was already cloudy, but the rain hadn't started until just half an hour ago.

"Okay then. You better hurry home, this rain might get worse." Yesung advised, glancing critically outside.

"I think I'm gonna wait this out." Kyuhyun said, glancing outside as well. Was the rain really worsening?

"Why? It's still kinda safe to go home at this rate." Yesung said, looking quizically at Kyuhyun.

"I left my umbrella at home." Kyuhyun answered, smiling sheepishly at his hyung.

"Awww, but why? How are you gonna get home then?" Yesung paused for a moment. "Why don't you go buy one at the school's supply store?"

"They're sold out, I saw the sign earlier when I passed by it on my way to the lockers."

"That's a shame then. Wait," Yesung stopped in his tracks and began rummaging in his bag. Kyuhyun, curious, stopped as well. "here, you can borrow this for tonight." Yesung said, handing Kyuhyun a plain black umbrella.

Kyuhyun hastily shook his head. "Thanks hyung, but you need it to go home as well. Unless you have a spare one?" He said inquiringly.

"No. But," Yesung continued as Kyuhyun looked like he was going to protest again. "I'll be walking home with Hyukjae tonight, and he has an umbrella. We'll just share."

Yesung saw Kyuhyun still hesitating.

"Hey, we can't afford for you to be sick. You promised to tutor me, right?" Yesung winked at Kyuhyun to show that he was just kidding. He wasn't doing this for selfish purposes, after all. He really was worried about how the younger one would go home.

Fortunately, that helped make up Kyuhyun's mind.

"All right, all right." Kyuhyun said, taking the offfered umbrella. "Thank you hyung! And are you sure you'll be all right?"

"Yeah, don't worry." Yesung answered, an easy smile on his lips. "By the way, Kyu, about the tutoring lessons tomorrow, is it alright if we take it at my house tomorrow? I originally thought that we could have it in the library, but they're closing it tomorrow for maintenance. Unless," Yesung hurried to add, "you prefer having it somewhere closer to you. A cafe, perhaps?"

"No, no, your house is fine hyung." Kyuhyun answered quickly, giddy at the thought that he was invited to Yesung's house. "Just... I don't know your address."

"Oh! Of course..." Yesung said, slapping his forehead at the reminder, and took his phone out. "I can just send you a message... wait," Yesung said, frowning at his contact list. "I don't have your number yet?"

"I don't think so." Kyuhyun chuckled, reminded of how he had restrained himself from asking for Yesung's number. They mainly meet up during the music lessons, anyway, and as both were always punctual he didn't see any valid reason to ask for the other's number.

"Hmm, that's weird." Yesung said, clucking his tongue. "Anyways, give me your number, please." Yesung said, ing his phone at Kyuhyun.

"Gladly." Kyuhyun answered, typing up his phone number and email address. He gave it back to Yesung afterwards.

Yesung typed at his phone for a while, and Kyuhyun felt his phone vibrating. Fishing out his phone from his pocket, Kyuhyun resisted from grinning upon seeing the unregistered number on the screen.

"This is your address, hyung?" Kyuhyun asked, letting Yesung see his phone screen.

"Yep. Do you know how to get there?"

"Yeah, I'm somewhat familiar with the place. I've been here several times before to visit some friends."

"All right, that's good to hear." A ringtone sounded from Yesung's phone and he glanced at it. "I gotta go, Hyukjae's waiting for me already. Bye Kyuhyun! Take care! And don't get lost tomorrow, all right? See you!" Yesung said, waving at Kyuhyun.

Nodding, Kyuhyun waved goodbye as well to his about to retreat hyung. "All right. Thanks again for this hyung!" Kyuhyun said, pointing to the umbrella. "And you and Hyukjae take care as well!"

Yesung gave him a thumbs up and a brilliant smile before turning and fading away into the crowd of students.

Smiling, Kyuhyun saved his hyung's number on his phone and started to walk towards the gate. His mission to collect Yesung's phone number and address, accomplished in one night!

~*~

Kyuhyun stood in front of a sprawling two-storey house, hand dangling in front of the doorbell hesitantly.

Before leaving his house, he had tried numerous times to contact Yesung to confirm if their tutoring lesson would go on as planned, but his calls went unanswered. Kyuhyun wasn't sure if he was still expected at his hyung's house, but he really wanted to visit his hyung (and in his house, no less!) so he decided to go there anyway. He could just leave if their lesson was rescheduled.

But now that he was finally here, he couldn't bring himself to announce his presence. What if Yesung was busy and he'd be just disturbing him?

Hand falling limply to his side, Kyuhyun was about to turn and leave when the tall gates before him suddenly opened.

For a second, Kyuhyun stood there wide eyed, staring at the pretty, older woman standing on the other side of the gate. A shopping bag was on her shoulder, and she too was looking at Kyuhyun in surprise.

Kyuhyun's first thought was Oh she's going to think I'm some creepy stalker or something -

"Hello." The older woman smiled up at him warmly and Kyuhyun smiled back awkwardly. "Are you Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun's lips formed a small 'o' in surprise at the question, but he immediately recovered and bowed. "Yes, my name is C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter