Distance

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

3 months later

Everyday is almost the same for Areum, waking up to the empty cold space on her right. Make her way down the stairs to the kitchen, help her mom to make breakfast, go for a swim , go to her sessions , family time and Nara on the weekends. She's losing him as day passes, Sehun became busier with his work video calls is only once a week when it used to be everyday before she goes to sleep. Texts left unread until the next day. 

She didn't want to burden him trying to get more attention but it's stressing her out, waiting for him to reply her texts and call her. Her days were not as exciting as before, no morning hugs , cuddling and surprise kisses. She missed him, a lot. 

Dressing warmly she gave her mother a kiss and got in the car with Kris. She leaned back on the seat, looking at her cellphone.

No notification.

She sighed , closing her eyes in dissapointment.

"He's not replying to you?" asked Kris feeling sorry for her lovesick sister.

"No... it has been 2 days. His last seen on whatsapp was 3 days ago. He must be real busy"

They arrived at the hospital, Areum promised Sehun to go to her sessions even when she hated all of it. She will have to listen to her physchologist asking her to scale her emotions and talk to her about enjoying more company. She's just gretful that she doesn't have to attend the support group. She wouldn't want to open up her wounds.

"Welcome Mrs. Oh"

Areum took her seat across the middle aged woman in white coat.

"You look tired" she tried to start a conversation with her always gentle soothing voice.

"I'm just...missin my husband. He has been a way for 3 months and I think that we're drifting apart. Gosh why do I tell you all these?" she smiled to herself in disbelieve again checking her cellphone.

"Mind telling me ?"

"I'd rather have some privacy"

 

Luhan sorted the files that needed the CEO's signature, he pitited the younger. He knew well that the company is just using him to make something impossible in the foreign country and when everything falls apart, they will blamed it all on him. Sehun is well aware of it too but he's trying to prove them wrong while gaining enough to pay for his wife's treatment.

"Sir, your nose is bleeding" Luhan rushed to get a box of tissue watching as Sehun wiped it off him and tuck one in his nostril. "Take it slow, you need some rest."

Sehun shook his head, smiling. "Just a bit more"

"You do realised that you need to live for your wife aren't you? I bet you haven't talk to her for quite some time now. Please think about her too" 

Sehun pretended not to hear his secretary, continuing with his work going through the papers. He needs to prove himself to them and make things right for her, for their better life. He couldn't help but to compare himself with Kai. The bronze skinned man is far more capable than he is, so he has to make things right for him to be more confident around that guy.

He missed her a lot but he couldn't get distracted at the moment. 

He didn't know how much he messed up because the love she once had for him is being tested with a huge wave, and  he's too busy to care.

 

"She's not coming down for dinner?" Amber sighed looking over to Kris who's sitting on the couch playing with his cellphone. "Kris can't you try to reach him?"

"If he won't answer Areum's calls why mine?"  

Areum refused to eat much like she used to, Amber saw her throwing her pills in the toilet bowl and flushed them all, she's in her room all day and only come out for lunch and Nara on the weekend. Her depression has subsided tremendously but Sehun's act of neglecting her might have just bring the unwanted back. Her parents have tried to talk to Sehun but the other was just unreacheable as if he has vanished from the world.

"I'm worried Kris, I don't want her to get sick. I can't stand looking at her blank expression all day" Amber took a leave from her job to accompany her step sister in the house. 

"You think I'm not worried?! I'm just so mad that I'm afraid that I will go to China and punched the life out of that man". Sehun has completely stop texting Areum far more calling her for the past 3 months. It has been 6 months since he left for work and no words exchanged after that. They did ask the Korea HQ for Sehun's secretary number and the other did answer the calls only to say that he was not with his boss and that Sehun was so busy to answer any phone calls.

The reasons and sudden dissapearence is so not Sehun. Why would a guy who's head over heels for his wife who couldn't stand being apart before changed 360 degree to the ignorant irresponsible husband he is right now. It's just so wrong and not him. Everyone is so worried that something might happen to the other and his secretary had been fooling them all this while to hide whatever Sehun's real situation is.

"Amber, I'll take Areum to China. Something's just not right and I have to make sure whether he has changed or else."

 

Luhan stared at the opened mailbox belongs to Sehun, he hesistantly pressed the reply button.

I have to do this, I have to. For him. For the promise.

From: My wifey

Hye, I am so upset that you haven't been replying to my texts or answering my calls. I began to wonder if you have found a better woman than I am and realised that your love for me is no longer the same. Even so, please reply to me and tell me about it. I'll accept whatever your decision is , if you want to let go of me, I will understand. I love you so much and I miss you a lot. I never skip any sessions , I keep my promise to you and I am far better now than before. Please don't leave me hanging. Reply me please.

He had read so many texts, listen to countless voice mail that normally end with tears and sad words of I love you and I miss you. And now he decided to take action after 3 months of doubting.

To: My wifey

I am so sorry for not replying to you. I love you still and I miss you a lot but right now I am so busy with the company. I have the whole building full of employees on my shoulders. My love for you never change, please don't doubt my feelings for you, I miss you a lot and I love you, I love you, I love you. Please understands me.

He pressed the send button , leaning his back on the white wall looking over the man lying unconciously on the hospital bed. All those wires on his body and the sound of the life machine still feel foreign to him even after months of coming to the same place. After choosing one of the voicemails to be played, he placed it close to the person's ear.

"Hye Hun, I took Nara for some ice-cream today and she actually asked about you. I think that she's starting to open up to you and accept the fact that Kai and I will never be together. I can assure you now that he's gone from the space reserved in my heart that is now filled with you. I will be waiting and counting the days for you to come home. I miss you a lot, I love you.Muah!"

Luhan wiped the tears on his cheek, opening another message with a picture attached to it.

"She sent you a text with her picture , she's wearing a red knit wear and dark blue jeans, her brown hair tied to a ponytail the background is probably inside a restaurant, I can see writings on the wall and it's too tiny I can't read it. She wrote, I had my fifth session and the psychologist think that my condition is improving rapidly thanks to you my inspiration, my life, my world. I miss you more and I hope you don't get sick of my I love you. Bye Hun". 

Luhan turned the cellphone off as soon as he finished reading the text, he took the wet towel on the bedside table, gently wiping the younger's face. The skin full with colors has turned pale. The soft looking skin is now dried, the thin lively lips that never forgot to curve into a smile is chapped and out of life. He used his finger to arrange the other's fringe from covering his eyes and placed the dried towel back to its place.

"I made up my mind, I'll do as you ask me" with that he carried the personal laptop, cellphone and tablet that belongs to Sehun back to his apartment. 

 

_________________

Dropped the bomb!! 

Sorry gaiys, comments and subs for more updates^^ 

I was just so busy with school work and all