26 | better

Marry First, Love Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong frowned her lips, "I hope this is something good."

As the couple stood in front of Minjeong's apartment door, Jimin noticed the latter who had a frightened face. The shorter had her hand grasped on the doorknob for quite some time now, scared to find out what was behind the door.

Jimin patted her wife's back, "Jeongie~ Whatever happens, I'm here to get it through with you."

Minjeong sighed, "Hahhh... I'm not sure what I would have done if you weren't my wife."

While the taller chuckled, Minjeong finally got the courage to turn the knob and open the door. When the two girls stepped inside the apartment, everything was oddly dim and silent.

"Eonnie?"

Stepping further inside her and her sister's apartment, Minjeong immediately noticed the crying figure at the very corner of the living room.

Instantly, she ran to her sister and kneeled on the floor to examine the latter's condition. Witnessing her sister in such a fragile state, Minjeong felt her heart sinking and tightening.

She's not even going to expect anything anymore since it'll only raise her hopes.

This sort of feeling left her powerless.

"What's wrong?" Minjeong asked while gently shaking her sister's shoulder.

"Jeong... I can't believe it..." Taeyeon mumbled with a sob, crushing the envelope she had in hand.

Hearing her sister's voice, Minjeong suddenly felt dry out. Just as when she didn't want to expect something, she now wished with all her might for that something to not be one of her most dreadful thoughts.

Please, no!

She yelled internally with her eyes closed, suppressing the tears that began to form within her eyelids.

"All of these seven years..." Taeyeon raised her head to look at her sister, "Jeong, I'm finally cancer-free." she placed her hand on the latter's shoulder, then the other to wipe the watery area around her eyes.

In a flash, Minjeong's eyes opened, and gazed at her sister in disbelief. Her heart that was once sinking... now felt like it was being raised by an infinite amount of baloons.

She couldn't believe what she just heard.

"This i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter