21 | red flag

Marry First, Love Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm in deep danger..."

Minjeong couldn't help but mutter those words as she stood at a good distance, watching her wife and the latter's uncle play around with the chainsaws they had in hand.

Her mother's a former CSI, her uncle's a lumberjack along with her aunt who manufactures them... then there's Jimin, with her gun collection.

What else?

This family is dangerous!

Minjeong held her forehead, walking her way toward the veranda to take a seat on one of the sofas.

To take her mind off what was happening, she wore her Airpods and pulled out her tablet to arrange a few schedules.

Meanwhile, on the chaotic side, Jimin and her uncle were having the time of their lives cutting down trees. It was to test out the new version of chainsaws her aunt's company released.

"Yahh~ These felt smooth!" Jimin said as she knocked down a tree with the help of her uncle.

"Right?" The older chuckled, "Well, enough about us and these." he put his chainsaw down to lie against a nearby tree. "Tell me about her." he eyed his niece's wife.

Jimin looked toward where her uncle was looking, "Oh, my wifey?" she smiled at the girl. "Yeah, I love her so much!"

"Seems like it." The older smiled, "She looks like a nice girl but... does she know?"

Jimin laid the chainsaw she had in hand against the nearby tree next to her uncle's, only to tilt her head confusedly at the question.

"Knows what?"

Not taking the hint, her uncle's eyes suddenly darkened as he gazed at the latter with a certain indescribable look.

"You know what I'm talking about, kiddo," he mumbled, though it was enough for his niece to hear.

Snapping at hearing a particular word, Jimin scoffed and smiled at her uncle stoically. Slightly annoyed, she casually punched the older on the shoulder with all her might.

*THUD*

The strike was definitely loud, and only heck knows how strong it was. Even so, the latter's uncle didn't flinch and laughed at his niece's actions.

Jimin groaned, "Please don't remind me that!"

"No, Jimin like... in all seriousness, does she know?"

The younger could only purse her lips and look away while fiddling with her fingers, she looked uncomfortable with the subject.

She hated how her uncle liked to push topics and would want to beat him up to the point of passing out anytime... not like her uncle would let her do that or she'd actually do it.

Of course, it sounded so inhumane—brutal. However, Jimin knew how normal it was for her family to have these insolent thoughts... even now.

Despite this,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter