Chapter Fifteen

Daylight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The chaos of their hearts were in the embrace of a founded solace.

 

9:13 pm

 

 

The thunder echoed throughout the bright Seoul under the darkening sky; the lightning merging within the stormy breeze, as the heavy pour of rain showered in the embellishment of a rage that the woman carried within herself for the man chasing behind her. 

 

Until their path had been arrived at their destination; one, and their home. 

 

“Damn this.”

 

Iseul slammed the steering after pulling up her car to the parking lot; the elevator going up was in the session of carrying furniture to let a person inside, as she huffed, and gulped down the burning rage inside before stepping out of the car with her purse, and her blazer in her hands while thudding the door loudly until her heeled feet were pacing loudly out of the parking lot but her steps halted abruptly as the familiar car was being driven through the lot till the car halted in front her; the golden shade of headlights hit her eyes with a squinting gaze until the lights were gone but the vision of her husband was in her view through the dewy windscreen. 

 

The glass was cleared; his eyes met hers in an intense glint of silence. 

 

The recall of his and Kang-min's conversation hit her mind, and her grip on her belongings tightened, while her eyes sharpened at his actions of doing something she hates; almost betrayal of the faithfulness she had asked him for to be in their cooperation yet he didn't as her eyes glared at him in a glassy manner and bit her lip hard for her heart to pierce at the thought. 

 

Iseul hated it; he had done it. 

 

The familiar moment flashed in her head of the misunderstood incident between them nine years ago; this time it wasn't, and it pierced her heart in a stabbing knife pain to find a guilt in his eyes boring into hers angering her more than she already was throughout the drive or the one nine years ago because this time she hadn't misunderstood. 

 

The next moment, she had walked past his car with a loud echo of her heels outside the lot, unaware of Baekhyun throwing his head back on the headrest with a sigh of regret, and guilt because he found the familiar glint of anger and hurt in her eyes; the one pierced his heart nine years ago for being misunderstood wrongly but this time he wasn't; he had done her wrong and he had to apologize, and make it up to her with an explanation before it could get worse. 

 

The worst he didn't want to think about; the one that could shatter something between them that hasn't even begun yet. 

 

This time he'd lose his mind if it happened. 

 

The next thing Iseul found herself entering through the entrance of the penthouse; their home, and without changing her heels, she had paced into the kitchen for a quick water as she thud her drenched blazer on the stool along with her purse on the counter; her almost drenched figure of black, and beige pants stuck to her body in a warmth yet soaked like her dewy curls behind her back due to the rain. 

 

The sound of heavy rain through the balcony echoed in the silent home along with the thunder. 

 

Iseul thud the mug down after a few gulps of the cold water; her eyes narrowed, and her jaw clenched as she tried to calm her anger down to close her eyes yet the flashes of the males talking about investigating her uncle; her father's friend, and without her awareness, something against their clauses of their contract, but it wasn't about the contract, it was Baekhyun doing it behind her back knowing how much she hates it; how she had warned him about it before yet he didn't acknowledge her words, nor her feelings for it. 

 

It shouldn't be hurting but it did; her heartbeat was at a pace yet unpleasant. 

 

Was it because the misunderstanding of theirs cleared so she had her hopes up? 

 

Or was it the comforting embrace of theirs last night had her emotions towards him awoken for it to be hurting? 

 

Because she didn't expect it to be him doing it but he did? 

 

Her enraged eyes glossed; the grip on her mug tightened, and so did her other hand on the bottle almost crumbling it. 

 

The sound of the front door opening echoed within the loud rain; Iseul's heart picked up a pace at the rhythm of his heavy steps until his presence was felt through the peripheral vision of hers but she didn't glance at him; she was trying to calm herself down so she wouldn't make the dreadful mistake of her harsh words to him like she did nine years ago yet the rage within her for his actions couldn't be cooled down yet. 

 

Not when he had called her name in a deep voice sending a chill to her system. 

 

“Iseul.”

 

Baekhyun had his eyes on her; always but for the obvious reason, he couldn't turn away from the warmth of her standing figure in a drenched sight, yet appeared so damn gorgeous and hard to look away under the golden daylight of the light enhancing her as his hands fisted with a pace of his heart, merging with the rhythm of the pouring rain that had soaked him whole but couldn't care-less as he gulped, brushing his fingers through his damp hair up until his system flinched the moment he met her blazing eyes in a glassy vision sending a pierce of guilt, and regret right there for his own actions. 

 

Iseul's glassy vision had his figure in a sight; the one she had felt a warming thud behind her rapid heart, as he stood in his soaked figure of his drenched black button-down while his damp silver hair glistening the droplets of the rain on his goddamn features down his neck to his chest in a light unable to look away from him enough to feel warm within her. 

 

She hated it; even in the crucial moment she couldn't ignore his shine felt agitating as her grip tightened more with a gulp of her dry throat. 

 

The silent bore of their intense eyes beneath their thudding chaos were clashing against the loud rain again. 

 

“Don't say a word.”

 

Baekhyun sighed; he found her almost walking past him but he was quick to hold her bare forearm as the warmth of her soaking skin sent a searing chill to his system where Iseul glared at him yet he appeared nonchalant had her more angered as her jaw hardened. 

 

“Take your hand off.”

 

His hands were off her skin but was standing before her; closer enough to tower her figure that their warmth radiated through while their eyes bored in a deep intensity of their beholding silence yet a searing pull was happening behind their buried emotions of their hearts; one was aware of the wake with every urge to claim and another one was being awaken to it without her awareness of an urge to have it. 

 

“Listen to me, sweetheart.”

 

“Step aside before I lose my mind, Baekhyun.”

 

Her sharp words beneath her sharp tone sent a chill to his system; she was effing mad, and he understood that, except, he had to explain it anyhow while she was being her usual self of not listening to him until her heart wants for how she had been like; his eyes glanced at her hands fisted in a tight squeeze for him to frown in an utter annoyance at her unstoppable action of hurting herself in anger even after he asked her not to but she had to be stubborn again. 

 

He felt his insides warming in anger and concern. 

 

“Don't fist your hands.”

 

His voice deep yet in annoyance as if he was angry at her actions where his words from the morning echoed in her head for not hurting herself yet he was the reason of her this action had fueled her rage before feeling his hands holding her fisted ones to push them away and his annoyed filled eyes through his deepened frown met her own glaring ones. 

 

“Why do you care?” 

 

Her jaw hardened at his eyes; concerning while his actions opposite of his words had her anger beat loudly behind her chest in a heat and more raged because she couldn't look away from him right now; the anger mixed with her thudding indescribable emotions after their confrontation last night was overwhelming her heart, and mind that the sudden questionable urges were evoking in her system of how he's been looking at her so intensely yet deeply had a want for her to be closer to him but his actions had her push him back like her own fear of the ruin. 

 

Damn him; her mind was in a mess and it was all because of him. 

 

“You did what you wanted to now I'm going to do whatever I want to do.”

 

This should be enough; one more second, she will lose her anger and emotions.  

 

Yet the husband of hers appearing effing stubborn, and hard to take her eyes off, had plans for ruining her plans like always, as he didn't flinch away but opted to step forward as she retreated in reflex; his eyes boring into hers in a heated intensity of his anger. 

 

“You're my wife and I don't want you to get hurt, if that answers your question, sweetheart.” 

 

His tone deep yet in an affirmation of his words; a chill down her spine at his words and his deep eyes piercing into her soul in a warmth while his steps unstoppable for her to keep retreating under his intense gaze yet her eyes couldn't turn away; she was erected on her actions, and emotions, but felt the loud heartbeat of hers with the rhythm of the echoing rain until her lower back was against the counter and him towering her figure enough for his sturdy warm chest against her soaking front.

 

His face hovered over hers; closer enough to trace the droplets on his face in a shine of his goddamn damp silver hair that the sudden urge to run her fingers through them evoked in the most annoyingly manner while his head tilted as his deep eyes bored into hers in an assertive manner enough for her to gulp as her hands held the edges of the counter while looking at his parted lips from where he uttered his next words. 

 

“And you will listen to me until I'm done with it, Jeon Iseul.”

 

He stated, but felt the cartwheel of his heart against the pouring rain of having her so damn closer to his visage yet nothing to be able to do; her eyes glaring into his own appearing so effing y to look away while the drops of the rain on her crimson shading face shone under the golden daylight in a dewy sight and in an utterly gorgeous light ornamenting the damp strands of hers with an urge to tangle his fingers through to the parted rosy lips of hers having another dewy view in a searing temptation of his unbearable urge for his given insanity. 

 

Yet she had to test his patience with her words. 

 

“Or what? Are you going to shoot me?”

 

Iseul snapped; ignoring his warm intense gaze holding her in an unbearable warmth of her system yet it didn't feel displease was angering her more until her heart thud at his next action of placing his both arms on the counter either side of her; his bare forearms grazing her bare arms in a flinching warmth enough for her breath to uneven and more at the lean of his face in a slanted manner till his nose brushed through hers, till his lips hovered over hers that her face leaned back yet unable to do so. 

 

“It'll be much different than yours, sweetheart.”

 

His whisper fanned against her lips like his eyes glancing at her lips in an intensity with a gulp for her to glance at his parted lips with the same warmth as she gulped harshly. 

 

“Step back.”

 

A hint of a tremendous smirk on the corner of his lips at her uneven breath words; her eyes staring at his actions with a warmth yet raging at his sudden nonchalance of his actions as her jaw hardened, and he met her glaring eyes. 

 

“Don't test my rage, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

His eyes met hers in a serious glint. 

 

“Don't test my patience, Jeon Iseul.”

 

The next thing Iseul pushed him back by his chest that Baekhyun retreated a few steps; his eyes had an annoyance at her actions where Iseul stared at him in utter anger. 

 

“What are you so confident and nonchalance about?” Her eyes blazed at his actions as she gulped harshly. “You have been investigating my uncle behind my back; I asked one thing from you to have a faithful cooperation in this yet you went behind my back and did everything you have been doing!” Her voice raised like her outburst. “You know how much I hate this; I warned you so many times and questioned about it yet you did it and stayed silent about it and now you're standing so casually; do you think I'm that easy to do whatever you want just because things have sorted out?!” 

 

“Watch what you say, Iseul.”

 

Baekhyun's eyes sharpened at her words and Iseul scoffed, her hands fisted tightly while her chest heaving up by the outburst. 

 

“So I should watch what I say but you can do whatever you want?” Her forehead creased; her eyes sharp with a mock at him through the pierce of her heart. “Don't act like you actually feel guilty about this; if I hadn't heard your conversation, there's a high chance you wouldn't have told me anything about it,” She paused, breathing heavily as her chest tightened, to feel her eyes burning in a blurry vision. “Don't tell me the words you said from this morning and everything had been a cover-up for your actions?” 

 

“Stop there,” Baekhyun uttered; deep and angry where it was going with a familiar scene snapping his mind in a piercing of his heart as he stepped closer to her proximity with his eyes holding a sincere glint of desperation yet an annoyance at her words. “Don't go there; everything has been sincere, Iseul.”

 

“Your actions say otherwise, Baekhyun.”

 

“Shut that pretty mouth of yours before I do it for you, and trust me, I won't hesitate to cross my limits right now, Iseul.”

 

It wasn't a threat nor a warning but his words felt intimidating yet assertive enough for her heartbeat to quicken as the silence echoed through the loud pour of rain while their blazing eyes continued to hold their gaze in an intensity of their actions, and words, and the threatening emotions against their chaos. 

 

“Do you think I'd let you off?”

 

“Can't you just listen to me for once?!” 

 

“Couldn't you just tell me for once?!” Iseul bursted, against his raised voice. “Even at Se-Ju's place you did this commotion but I answered your every damn question; why couldn't you do this time? If you had question about uncle you could have just questioned me but you did something I hate the most!"

 

“I know.”

 

“You know?” 

 

Iseul scoffed at his words; unbelievable as her rage engulfed more at his nonchalance enough with an urge to grab his neck to strangle him yet known to that she couldn't and her eyes glared at him before walking past his figure to control her burning damn urges until him grabbing her arm had fueled her system more as in the flow of her anger; she had grabbed the mug of her remaining water to throw on his face to hear a gasp of his as his face was turned to the other side until she found his jaw clenching; he was mad, as he met her eyes blazing in an anger. 

 

But she was damn furious. 

 

“When I said I'd throw whatever comes at my hand on you; I wasn't bluffing, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

The next thing she had walked past his figure; drenched again, as he sighed deeply before brushing his hair harshly. 

 

“Now this is the limit of mine, sweetheart.”

 

Iseul had ascended the stairs; halfway with a guilty heart of her uncontrollable anger as this is the reason she didn't want to talk until her anger calms but her husband had to be stubborn enough until she heard his loud steps of ascending behind her till her hand on the railing was grabbed; the next second, she was turned around to find a fuming Baekhyun; his eyes held an intimidating glint, and a hardening jaw for her heart to thud as he stood closer to her level by the steps. 

 

Yet so goddamn hot to turn away; she couldn't deny it. 

 

“When I said don't test my patience; I wasn't bluffing either, Jeon Iseul.”

 

Before Iseul could comprehend his words; a squeal left her lips at the pull of her hand by his force towards him as he bent over and threw her figure over his shoulder in an instant effortlessly; a huge gasp of hers to raise her torso a bit in an utter anger at his actions as he kept his steps ascended upstairs while her fist on his back in a continuous hits.

 

“What do you think you're doing?!” 

 

“Put me down!” 

 

Her legs wriggled under his hold of how he had gripped the back of her thighs; her heartbeat quickening with a warmth rushing into her as her hits continued yet this man wasn't bulging a bit angered her more until she was pulled back; settled on the study table outside their room as she leaned back clutching the collar of his open-shirt, and he stood between her legs while leaning his torso towards her likewise his hands either side of her unaware of the things falling off the table including the ink that had his hands stained in it. 

 

Yet his eyes had an intense and assertive glint. 

 

“How dare you; are you insane?!”

 

“You are the reason for my insanity, sweetheart.”

 

Her heart thud; his eyes held something different, something warming, and something enough to make her lightheaded again. 

 

The silent bore of their eyes behind the loud pour of rain echoed merging with the searing intensity of their pounding hearts. 

 

The fact that he was standing so close; his legs brushing hers, and the different shades of lights through the glass wall of the living room embellished his shine under his damp mess sent a searing chill to her system behind a warmth that she wanted to be drowned into yet push it away as she gulped, where Baekhyun stared at her with his own emotions of his losing sanity; he should be controlling it, his anger, his self-control, or the emotions of affection he was breathing for her. 

 

Yet nothing works in front of her. 

 

As if he was surrendering himself before her; he couldn't deny it. 

 

Right now; caging her in his hold, yet not tucking that damn strand from her face was disturbing him, to feel the warmth of her yet not to able to do anything about it was annoying; her eyes holding an anger yet a subtle surprise at his words glowed under the different shades appeared so damn enthralling while unable to tear his eyes away from her rosy lips parted in a surprise until she twisted her lips in an annoyance had evoked a searing and warm temptation was desirous. 

 

“Do you have any idea what you're doing?” 

 

“Do you have any idea what you are doing to me, sweetheart?” 

 

Iseul glanced at his lips with a thud of her heart; a gulp at his actions of not tearing his deep eyes off from her lips to watch him gulping as his nose almost brushed through hers to feel the hover of his lips on hers. 

 

“You did wrong; I thought we were in this together, Baekhyun.”

 

With a loud beating heart at his proximity; she still managed to put her words of her anger and disappointment and his raging actions with a low tone under the hover of his lips while her eyes narrowed into his intense ones until they glint in an annoyance of her words as his words over the hover of her lips sounded warm, and with an indescribable feeling of a sudden temptation. 

 

“We are in this together, Iseul.”

 

Damn it; having her so close was making him insane and he was losing it. 

 

“You just have to let me explain it but you're so goddamn stubborn sometimes-” 

 

Baekhyun was abruptly pushed back; her force and he was standing straight still between her legs as she sat straight with a tilted head up towards him; her glaring eyes towards him with an enchanting glow while his hands stilled on her thighs as he glanced at her lips parting for another roar of her words. 

 

“I'm stubborn?!” Iseul scoffed. “What about you? You're also the same; stubborn and arrogant enough that no one's words seem to be important to you, not even me,” Her last words went down in a whisper as if feeling it unpleasantly in her heart as she gulped to push his chest. “What more have you been hiding from me?”

 

“Nothing.” He plead, “You, your words; your every damn thing is the most important to me, Iseul,” His eyes held genuineness as he ran another hand through his damp hair for her eyes to stare at in a known enchantment while feeling her heart in pleasant of his words as he sighed, “I had a reason for this.”

 

“Of course; does that reason have to be you doing something I loathe the most?” 

 

Her eyes held anger and pain as she had been around people who had been doing it; she had been on a guard for years alone with a fear of who'll be the one betraying her in a count of her fingers; the moment her realization of the wrongdoings to the standing man before her had her unguarded around him yet the next moment she was brought back into her fear. 

 

It was angering and painful yet frustrating because she couldn't hate him right now that should be happening as his eyes had a sincere glint, and a belief again that he wouldn't do it without a reason. 

 

Why was her guard still unguarded around him? 

 

Why was her mind and heart having an urge to have him closer? 

 

Without her awareness of her frustrating thoughts; feelings, Iseul was already biting her lip hardly until Baekhyun frowned deeply and in agitation of her actions as the next second, he had closed their distance to hover over her seated figure with his palm immediately holding her jawline in a hold through his fingers to brush his thumb over her chin as he tugged her lip out of the graze of her teeth gently. 

 

“Stop biting your lips, sweetheart.”

 

His deep yet sharp tone fanned over her lips as her heartbeat quickened, to part her lips at his gentle force as her chest warmed, and their eyes locked in an intense glint of a silent warmth behind the thundering rain to watch his eyes glancing at her lips until he caressed his thumb on her lower lip gingerly yet evoking a chilling warmth of something she couldn't bring herself to push back from his touch as her hands crumbled his collars tightly where Baekhyun had felt a shiver in his system at the softness of her lips, and so warm under his touch, as his beating heart felt an urge of lose it all. 

 

The ink on his thumb had got her lips; red. 

 

Her red tempting lips again and a gulp of his dry throat. 

 

How will it feel to lose it and drown into her warmth? 

 

His thumb slid down in a feathery brush to her chin, beneath her chin, before meeting her eyes in a hold of their drowning stare of their emotions; one aware and fighting the urge, and another one, unaware, yet feeling it all, and a warmth surrounding them beneath their fanning lips in an almost brush, until she felt his thumb sliding to with a gentle caress of his thumb on her thigh and her mind was forced to awake as she leaned back, pushing him back slightly to hold her loud beating chest, and another hand of her fingers to her lips void of his warm touch. 

 

Something familiar was happening to her; she had to get away from it. 

 

Yet felt the void of his warm touch; damn it. 

 

Baekhyun stared at her donned through the lights; silent, yet in tangling thoughts as her head was tilted down to gulp as he bit his lip softly as if calming himself down, yet somehow he couldn't, before Iseul felt his figure closer again as she tilted her head up in a jolt to find him bending over with his hands either side of her again; his head dropping on her shoulder as her hand on her own chest palmed his left chest; behind his thumping heart while another one placed beside his on the table. 

 

His forehead on her shoulder; a deep sigh of his lips against her collarbone and he was calmed in her warmth. 

 

“Iseul.”

 

Her name from his lips in the utmost soft, yet pleading was warming with pierce in her heart; her thumping heart felt a sense of calm, as her head tilted down slightly to have her lips pressed against his shoulder while her eyes closed, as if her senses were calming down of her frustration, and outburst. 

 

As if she was calm in his hold; his warmth. 

 

The pour of heavy rain continued to be loud but the pair had a sense of calm within it after a long time by being in their embrace. 

 

A few minutes later; she felt him leaning back, appearing face to face with her, closer, and her heart thumped like his at a sudden pace of their closeness until he was standing straight but still closer as his face hovered over her with his eyes boring into hers silently yet in a deep vulnerability for her heart to ache before feeling his fingers threading to her hair behind her nape with a hold as her breath uneven yet unable to push him away. 

 

Her hand gripped his wrist that held her nape. 

 

“I know you're angry and feeling betrayed but that's not it,” 

 

His whisper fanned against her face while his eyes holding a desperation yet vulnerability of their past glimpses had his heart ache and so did hers, as her hand on his chest caressed her thumb on his skin unknowingly but he felt soothed, as his eyes closed, leaning in to have his forehead against hers as her eyes closed to feel his other hand holding her waist with a soft caress like his thumb caressing her jawline with a soothing touch. 

 

“Slit my neck,” 

 

A hushed whisper and his nose brushed through hers softly, “Shoot me in the heart if you want to,” Another one of his parted lips fanned against her lips in a warmth, “Do whatever you want with me; I'm all yours to do so.”

 

“Just listen to me for once, sweetheart.”

 

Her heart warmed in a pierce of her unknown yet known emotions; she was drowning into his soothing touch, her hand slide up from his chest to his neck, to his nape with a thread of his damp hair as he was showing the glimpse of his vulnerability after the years she could remember; how hard it was for him as her heart pained for him unaware of how calm, and soothed he felt in her touch of a yearning comfort as his thumb caressing her skin sent a soothing yet warming sensation of a longing. 

 

Their closer faces in a sight of a silhouette through the donning light behind the hammering rain. 

 

His lips were almost in a brush against hers; a yearn for it in her heart, and her mind jolted, as Iseul leaned back immediately for Baekhyun to look at her in a confusion, yet concern to find an astonishment of her actions but no glint of regret while his eyes were soft, without any astonishment had her heart thump anxiously as if his actions were being known to her to find him retreating to kneel down in front of her as the next thing he was holding her right ankle as a chilling warmth went through her. 

 

“What are you doing?” 

 

She tried to retreat but found him gripping it firmly to wear her heel back that was dropped by the stunt of his as he met her eyes gently. 

 

Baekhyun found her awfully silent; his head tilted, to find another astonishment yet a bit of a nervousness in her eyes as his lips slightly curved up at her actions; his wife was being shy. 

 

That alone felt like an achievement to him. 

 

“Are we being shy, sweetheart?” 

 

Iseul's heart thumped; that annoying teasing smirk again, wanting to wipe it off, as their action before this moment flashed in her mind with a thud to immediately get off the table with another warmth as he stood up in the moment for her to almost collide against his chest but retreated in a jittery while he was standing nonchalance had her angered. 

 

“So annoying.”

 

His eyes rounded. “Me?” 

 

Without answering him, Iseul pushed past him to their room with a flustered state as Baekhyun approached afterwards only for his wife to close the door on his handsome face. 

 

“Did you just close the door on my face?” 

 

Nothing to be answered; a scoff left his lips. 

 

“Unbelievable.”

 

He rolled his eyes; lifting his hand for a brush to his hair but halted midway as he glanced at the smudge ink on his fingers with the glimpses of their searing to the warming moment as the feel of her warm red lips were still in an unreal sensation on his skin to fist his hand with a thudding warmth within; how he wanted to lose it all, and drown into her warmth. 

 

How she was also leaning into his touch. 

 

“She wants me as much as I want her.”

 

Her eyes and touch tell it all; he was good at reading her eyes and he was feeling pleasant about it. 

 

Iseul was standing in the bathroom; her unkempt reflection in the mirror as her stunned and confused eyes stared her flushed face to the red lips of hers in a smudge to her neck, and jaw in a crimson shade while her heart still beating loudly and the reason behind her state flashed in her mind, and thud behind her chest, and felt through the chill to her system. 

 

Her eyes shut. “The hell happened to me?” 

 

She gulped, holding the counter with a deep breath to bite her lips only to get the glimpse of his thumb caressing it softly yet how warm it felt for her chest to warm; the way his fingers threaded her hair to her skin as her own finger brushed to the places with an unreal feeling of his warm sensation still lingering on her skin. 

 

The way his vulnerable deep eyes were in need of an embrace and her heart wanted to embrace him for she did as if her heart had allowed him to embrace her and for her to hold him. 

 

“It shouldn't be happening like this.”

 

She mumbled, the reason behind her actions were being awakened but she couldn't live into it, it was fearful of her emotions, yet his touch, and his warmth felt soothing to be hated, and voiding to be embraced and somehow right. 

 

And because it felt right; she couldn't give in. 

 

Her heart sting in a pain at the thought of her ruining things again; not them, and not him foremost again. 

 

At the moment, the door of the room opening perked her ears; her heartbeat paced in a nervousness, and her cheeks warmed again, as she felt frustrated over it, while her eyes glared at his loud steps echoing in the room outside because it had all happened because of him; if only he hadn't provoked her to this extent, and a sigh of relief left her lips at his gone steps of his exit from their room to close her eyes in an annoyance. 

 

“I should have just pushed him off the stairs.”

 

She groaned; fisted her hair to get reminded of his fingers threading in her hair thud another warmth as she huffed with a thought of how to look at him without feeling these damn emotions of annoyance. 

 

“Damn you, Byun Baekhyun!” 

 

Unaware of her continuous curses; her husband had left a sneeze suddenly aware of her actions without even seeing it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________

 

 

 

 

 

11:18 pm 

 

 

 

The living room was beaming with the golden daylight light of the chandelier; the gone rain had left a cold breeze through the balcony echoing in the silence contrasting with tensioning silence of the married pair after their warming, and searing moment. 

 

The rain was bringing a different path for them everytime; the warmth of their closeness. 

 

The soft steps of Baekhyun echoed in the silence donned in black sweatpants with his silver hair falling over his forehead in a soft brush for him to thread his fingers upwards to still feel the thread of his wife's fingers into his tresses had flashed their burning moment as he felt warm enough to bite his lip to rub his face at the feel of her touch evoking another warmth into his thudding heart. 

 

There's no way he could hate it; he wanted to feel it again, and again. 

 

“She never stops driving me insane.”

 

He mumbled, before hearing the sound of utensils in the kitchen, and his heart picked up a pace as within a few seconds, he was striding towards the direction to find the sight of his wife's back hidden by her long curls while clad in a navy blue long piece of a silk robe to her calves, and his heart hammered, his eyes staring at her in a trance of a pleasant feeling to lean his shoulder against the wall as his arms folded, but his head tilted to take a better access of her face. 

 

There was a slight nervousness; the outcome of their action earlier because she was hesitant for the obvious reason while he was still adapting to his feelings. 

 

Yet the feel of her warm lips, her fingers through his hair, while holding him close felt warming; he had wondered about it. 

 

And it never felt so pleasant before; her touch and warmth felt perfectly right. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter