Her Concern

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italics means thoughts.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The company tour was actually surprisingly very good. Spectacular even. Her guide was very upbeat and was able to introduce Eunbi to the majority of staff members of each department. Who, contrary to a certain someone she’s working under, were all very friendly and welcoming.

 

Despite the blonde’s rough initial encounter with Aphrodite’s fashion, the warm and buzzy culture provided through the employees had allowed the girl to fit right in. In fact, she’ll even go as far as saying this tour had managed to almost eradicate her previous morning nerves from her brain, completely blank.

 

Note, that the keyword here is almost.

 

Mentally cursing her poor time management skills, Eunbi did everything within her power to encourage her short legs to carry her body up those never-ending longwinded stairs, having wasted way too much time now from those extensive introductions to even be considered privileged enough, to wait for the elevator currently chilling on the top floor.

 

Dashing past multiple confused faces glancing her way, the short woman, through some unknown power of the divine, just managed to reach the CEO’s door right as the minute hand on the clock indicates the end of lunchtime.

 

Made it! She mentally patted herself on the back, having not only made it on time but also fulfilling her whole week's work of exercise.

 

Unfortunately, her celebration had to be cut short once the door in front of her opened up so suddenly, it made Eunbi yelp in shock.

 

“You’re late” the woman on the other side said sternly, holding up her wristwatch on display to showcase that it has been exactly one whole minute since her secretary was meant to be back.

 

 

One. Whole. Lousy. Minute…

 

 

!

 

Almost walking inside the office in shame, the blonde winces as the door behind her gently shuts close as she prepares herself for the storm that was coming next.

 

“You should know Eunbi, if there is one thing hate more than anything else, it’s tardiness.”

 

“I’m sorry I-“

 

“On your first day as well, especially after I’ve given you very specific instructions. This is absolutely unacceptable.

 

Deep breaths Eunbi deep breaths.

 

“I got a bit lost on the way here… my apologies Ms Kim, it won’t ever happen again, I promise” The shorter bows 90 degrees continuously as she apologises, praying to dear God that Sojung, would by some luck, let this one screw up pass by, just this once.

 

“Good” Eunbi felt her tense shoulders slightly relax upon receiving that single response from the older.

 

See Eunbi? Everything is fine… just keep breathing, deep breaths… deep- 

 

!!!

 

Body tensing up again, a chill shivers down her spine as her boss literally walks up to her and leans down beside her ears to speak her next sentence;

 

“Next time I won’t let you off so easy. Remember that” Practically feeling the CEO’s breath on her exposed neck with every word that was spoken, Eunbi’s legs almost turned completely jelly… If the taller hadn’t stood back up straight right after, she wasn’t sure her legs would’ve even been strong enough to support her.

 

“Come on now, quit standing around, there’s work I need you to do” Sojung finally orders, before walking back towards her desk without another word.

 

Watching the older turning her back towards her, Eunbi finally let out a breath she’d been holding for way too long.

 

Damnit Kim Sojung.. just what in the world are you doing to me?

 

 

✱✱✱

 

 

Scurrying back to her no-longer-empty desk, the secretary can’t lie but seeing her own nameplate on the left side of her desk with her name clearly imprinted on it, definitely gave her a boost of pride in her chest.

 

Aphrodite’s Fashion, by far, works the fastest amongst all other company’s Eunbi had ever worked under. It’s no wonder the business was ranked and respected so highly amongst both employees and third parties.

 

Taking in the content over her desk, besides the nameplate and a computer that’s been set up for her right in the middle... the huge stack of papers laying directly next to it, caught her attention immediately.

 

"We took your suggestions for our autumn's release designs. They're all stacked there for you if you'll like to have a look." Sojung announces from her seat.

 

"My suggestions?"

 

"Yes, from the interview"

 

"From the interview!?"

 

What in the world is going on!?!?

 

“Yes, now please stop repeating everything I'm saying, I don’t have time for this conversation to carry out twice as long as it needs to.

 

Muttering a quick apology, Eunbi wasted no time in digging through the documents instantly.

 

And little to say, she couldn’t believe her eyes on what was right in front of her.

 

It was only a small idea the popped up her mind when she was in a st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter