Chapter 9

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where the hell were you!?" Himchan exclaimed when Eun Ah came in, dragging bags into the foyer.

She didn't reply and stepped back out to pull the huge bag of dog food back from the porch into the house.

"I was waiting for your call but you never made it and when I went to the therapist, she said you already left! Where the he-- Who is that?"

Watson strutted into the house, his tail wagging as he inspected the living room.

"His name is Watson."

Himchan blinked at the small dog as he trotted up and started biting at Himchan's jeans. "You're keeping him?"

"Yes. Now can you help me move these things?" She handed him a few bags and walked to the kitchen. She cleared out a cabinet to fill it with Watson's stuff.

"How did you make it back home with all this stuff?"

"Kris gave me a ride." She replied, straight.

Himchan blinked in surprise, "Kris Wu? Of EXO M?"

Eun Ah nodded and sliced open the dog food to pour some out for Watson. "I ran into him at therapy and I needed to buy Watson some stuff and he offered a ride."

Himchan's eyes widened, "He ran an errand with you?"

"Yeah, why?"

Himchan didn't answer, suddenly looking distressed.

Kris is a good guy.

That thought didn't reassure him as much as he thought it would.

"Himchan? Why are you spacing out?"

He jerked a little before glancing at her. "Huh? Oh, it's nothing. Next time just call me, I'll run whatever errand you want."

Eun Ah squinted her eyes in suspicion. "Why are you being so accommodating?"

Himchan rolled his eyes and pushed her head back with his finger. "If you don't start appreciating me more, I'm going to stop doing you favours, piggy."

Eun Ah's heart jumped at the nickname and instead of getting pissed she just smiled at him.  It had been a long time since she heard that name.

Himchan felt his own heart jump at her smile.

When was the last time he saw her smile like that?

Maybe therapy is helping.

His mind drifted off to Kris and his face stiffened.

Hopefully it's only because of therapy.

"Everyone's coming to visit tomorrow, so we should all go out to eat." Himchan said as he started shifting through the mail.

Eun Ah hummed in response. It had been 2 months since she had last seen everyone together and that was when she was locked up in her room.

She gave Watson his bowl of food and stood up when she noticed Himchan staring at something in his hand.

"What is that?"

He snapped his head up before shuffling it with the rest of the mail. "It's nothing."

Eun Ah knit her brows at his rushed answer and made a grab at the envelope. "Give it to me. Let me see."

"YAH!" Himchan barked as he tried to turn away from her. But he was no match. She reached for his hair and yanked at it until he was screeching in pain, his grip faltering.

"YOU CRAZY !"

She took this as a chance and whipped the cardstock out of his hands.

"You keep forgetting that even though you're bigger than me, my grip is stronger than yours." She said while flipping the card over.

Himchan winced when fell open and her eyes watered. He had no clue how it got mixed up in their mail when he made sure to hide any reminders of that day.  

 

Together with their families,

Bang Yongguk and Hwang Eun Ah,

Request the pleasure of your company at the celebration of their union in love,

On the 26th of June 2016.

 

Eun Ah laid her back down on the couch with her legs swung over Yongguk's lap as she scanned two pieces of paper. Her eyes ran down each line, trying to focus. To anyone else it would look like she was doing advanced calculus.

But to her, it felt just as hard.

Yongguk felt his head starting to hurt as he stared at the cards in his hands. He had no idea why this was so hard.

He surely dealt with things more serious than this but it still got him stumped.

"Moss green or Rockwood red?"

Eun Ah blinked and peaked her eyes over her paper at Yongguk whose eyebrows were knit in concentration.

"What?"

He turned the cards in his hands to show her, a red and green square in each hand. "Moss green or Rockwood red?"

Eun Ah made a face and wiggled her feet, "Those both sound horrible."

Yongguk leaned his head back and tossed the cards onto the table. "Exactly! You'd think that a wedding design company could come up with more appealing names for their colour themes."

She smiled when he started running his hands up and down her calves. "What would you name them?"

Yongguk stared up at the ceiling, "Algae green and Blood Vessel red."

Eun Ah chuckled, "Sounds good."

"How are you coming along?"

She sighed in frustration and brought the two sheets of paper back up to her face. "All these fonts look the same. They're all fancy cursive."

"So just chose a random one." He said with a shrug.

"Yeah, but what if there's something that I'm missing? There has to be something great about these fonts that I'm just not seeing." She said exaggeratingly.

Yongguk watched her bite her lip as her eyes danced across the page. He pulled the papers out of her hands before hovering over her. "Give your eyes a break. You're going to go insane."

She groaned and looked up at him with pleading eyes, "Our wedding is supposed to be the best day of our lives…so why did we invite so many people?"

Yongguk grinned and kissed her lightly, "It's not my fault you have such a big family."

She pouted, "Yes it is! It's exactly your fault. These are all your friends!"

He chuckled, "My family is your family, love. You've inherited them all."

She slid her hands around his neck and played with his hair, "Can't we just elope?"

He looked at her with a scoff. "Where would we go?"

She shrugged, "Anywhere. Hawaii, France, Italy, hell we can even go to the Arctic."

He smiled at her and kissed her nose before pulling one of her hands off his neck and pressing a kiss to her fingers. "That sounds amazing but we already sent out our invitations."

Eun Ah flailed her body from under him, whining. "Fiiiinnnnnnneeeeee."

"You're marrying me in front of 350 people whether you like it or not, Hwang Eun Ah." He said smugly.

She tried to look annoyed but a smile just lit up her face. "Well since I don't have a choice…"

Yongguk poked her stomach with an unamused look on his face. "Laugh it up now, but just wait until we're married, I'm going to annoy you for the rest of your life."

She glared at him but he just responded with a cheeky smile and pressed his tongue flat on her cheek, grossing her out.

She scrunched her face up and pushed him away, "Ewww, get away! Can I still back out of this?"

Yongguk smirked and sat up, grabbing the card off the table.

"So Rockwood red?"

Eun Ah felt the air around her thicken and her heart started racing so fast that it started to hurt. She was fooling herself. No matter how many steps she thinks she's taking forward, she's always taking twice as many back. 

How could she pretend that she was okay? That's exactly what she was doing. 

She was pretending. 

She was acting out this image of getting better to pacify Himchan, the others and her therapist by acting like she was getting better. It seemed easier to slap on a small smile or a hollow laugh than actually try to get better or move on. 

She was still hurting and she didn't think it would ever go away. 

The space in her chest started to hurt and as her grip on the cardstock got tighter. 

Watson, picking up on her distress, started barking, while jumping at her feet, to get her attention. When she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter