Chapter 21

How I Met Your Appa

Chapter 21

(This chapter starts in a flashback)

Chanyeol came walking down the hallway, directed toward his and Baekhyun's shared bedroom. He didn't even think about knocking, only thinking about going to his room, but Baekhyun would probably wish he had.

"Oh, sorry," Chanyeol said as he opened the door, revealing a half- Baekhyun getting dressed. Baekhyun looked up and covered his chest with the shirt he had been about to wear, his face getting a nice pink color.

"That's okay," he mumbled, trying to avoid eye contact with Chanyeol. Chanyeol walked through the door, closing it behind him, before sitting down on his own bed; not even considering if Baekhyun needed private space.

"You don't need to cover yourself up, Baekkie, you have a nice body," Chanyeol said absentmindedly, as he looked at his phone. This only made Baekhyun blush even harder.

"Um, thanks," he stumbled and quickly put on his shirt before leaving the room. Chanyeol chuckled at the flustered boy, before returning his attention to the little screen.

 

Chanyeol went down the hallway to find Baekhyun. The others had said it was time for dinner and that Baekhyun was in the practice room, and therefore they had asked Chanyeol to go get him.

Chanyeol came to the room where he knew Baekhyun used to practice his vocals, and lightly tapped on the door.

"Baekhyun?" He looked inside the little room. No one was in there and he closed it again, wandering off to the room where they practiced their dancing.

"Baekhyun?" He opened the door lightly, peeking inside. It seemed to be empty as well, but when he was about to close the door, he heard a quiet sniff. He looked inside the room once more and saw the fragile body of his friend sitting in the corner up against the mirror, knees curled to his chest.

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol stepped inside the room, closing the door quietly and slowly went over to where Baekhyun was sitting. Baekhyun's hands covered up his face, but his quivering shoulders and sniffling sounds, made Chanyeol know for sure that he was crying.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, and he could feel Baekhyun's body make a slight twitch by his touch. "You can tell me."

Baekhyun shook his head, not even lifting his head.

"Please, Baekkie," he said gently. Baekhyun looked at him: his eyes were red and his face puffy, and he pouted unconsciously.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked again.

"Everything," Baekhyun mumbled and a tear fell from his eye.

"Why? What do you mean?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "What if I'm not good enough? What if I screw up the choreography or my voice cracks and I mess up our performances? We won't get a second chance, Chanyeol. Now we've had our debut and there's so much pressure on us. People look forward to see our future activities, but I know something's going to go wrong. I will mess up. I'm not as good a dancer as Kai and I'm not as good a singer as Chen. I'm not even as handsome as Kris." Baekhyun looked sadly at the ground. Chanyeol put his arm around him.

"You're an excellent singer, Baekhyun, and you're even good looking. You won't mess up. And even if you do, it's not the end of the world. True fans won't leave us because of one mistake. And more importantly: we won't leave you. Nor blame you." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, placing a finger under his chin to make Baekhyun look at him. "You don't have to be afraid, Baekkie."

Baekhyun looked with tearful eyes at Chanyeol. His lips had slightly parted and the two were looking into each other's eyes.

"You mean it?" he asked.

Chanyeol nodded with a grin. "Of course! You're one of my best friends, Baekkie! You don't have to worry about anything. I believe in you!" Baekhyun smiled thankfully and hugged Chanyeol, who was taken by surprise but quickly recovered and wrapped his arms around the smaller frame.

Chanyeol had never seen Baekhyun this vulnerable before. He knew Baekhyun wouldn't let anyone see him cry or worse: have doubts. Though it sounded harsh, he liked to see this other side of him that he never knew existed. And he enjoyed to be the one comforting him.

 

"You're saying you realized you had feelings for me because I was crying?!" Baekhyun exclaimed, interrupting Chanyeol's story. The people around laughed at the two.

Chanyeol shrugged, not sure of how to respond. He shook his head hesitantly.

"Hey, you only realized it with my help!" Yi Fan exclaimed. "Don't miss out that part."

"And you even needed help to figure it out?!" Baekhyun said.

"Hey you asked for advice too!" Chanyeol argued.

"I know." Baekhyun winked and stuck out his tongue with a smirk.

 

"Hey, hyung!" Chanyeol grinned at his computer screen, looking at the blonde boy in front of him.

"Hi," Kris greeted back with a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, but, hyung, I need some guidance..." Chanyeol's usually so happy and bright face, turned into serious folders.

"Sure, Chanyeol, what about? Though I'm not sure I'm the right to ask for advice..."

"That's okay, Kris hyung, I'm sure you can help me with something." Chanyeol smiled at Kris reassuringly.

"Okay, then, what is it?" Kris sounded hesitant, probably afraid he'd give the wrong advice.

"Well, it's because... You know I'm straight right?"

Kris rolled his eyes. "Yeah?"

"And I've only felt this for females before. You know, the feeling where you suddenly see a person in a different light and you can't stop thinking about that person." He could see Kris adjusting his seating position on the screen.

"What are you saying, Yeol?" he asked.

"I know it's wrong because we're a band and all, and he's one of my best friends... but yesterday I saw him topless and I didn't feel anything, then suddenly I comforted him because he was crying, and now I can't stop thinking about him. I even feel my heart taking up pace when I talk about it." Chanyeol put his hand over his heart, feeling the little bu-dump in his chest.

"Wait, who are you talking about?" Kris furrowed his eyebrows confused.

"Baekhyun."

Kris' lips parted, slightly taken aback by the sudden confession. "Yeol, are you telling me that you think you might be in love with Byun Baekhyun from EXO K?"

"Well, I can't be in love with him, I'm straight!" Chanyeol said, utterly confused about his feelings.

Kris sighed. "Could you maybe see the possibility that you're into guys as well as girls?"

Chanyeol thought about it for a moment. That actually could make sense. He nodded.

"You have to get your feelings straight, Yeol. You need to be sure about how you feel."

"But how?"

Kris shrugged on the little computer screen. "You could try touching him: I've heard that there should be an electric reaction or something." He shook his head. "Not that I believe in those kind of things, but it might help you in your search."

Chanyeol nodded thoughtfully.

"Let me know if you keep thinking about him, Yeol. And if you feel attracted to him in any way - both physically and mentally. If you do, I think you might be in love."

"I've been in love before, Kris hyung!" Chanyeol smirked. "I know how it works."

Kris shrugged his one shoulder. "Sorry, just trying to help."

Chanyeol smiled. "Thank you, hyung."

"You're welcome." Kris smiled, but then Chanyeol came to think of something.

"But what if I am? I mean, in love," he said and Kris once again furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm not even sure if Baekhyun's into guys."

"He's gay, trust me," Kris answered.

"You sure?" Chanyeol asked, sounding worried.

"Baekhyun is 100% gay, Yeol. I'm sure."

"Okay."

They kept talking for a while on the computer, before it became too late and they had to eat dinner separately.

 

"That's sweet," Taemin said, as Chanyeol finished his story - with some input from Yi Fan.

"You weren't sure if Baekhyun was gay?" Jongdae asked with disbelief. Kyungsoo and the others tried hiding their giggles. Chanyeol just shrugged, not really knowing how that was funny.

"Hey, that's not funny!" Baekhyun exclaimed offended. "It's not like I'm the most obvious homoual of us all!"

"And who do you think that is then?" Jongdae asked with a raised eyebrow. Baekhyun just looked back at him, also with an indicating raised brow.

"Me?" Jongdae asked. Baekhyun smirked. "I'm like the least obvious homoual man of us all! I wooed those fan girls off their feet. Everyone fell for me!"

"Including the guys." Baekhyun smirked.

"Oh, please! The one with most male fans was Kyungsoo," Jongdae said. Kyungsoo just looked confused as to why he was suddenly being dragged into their discussion.

"So what? You still had male fans," Baekhyun responded.

"But you had more."

Baekhyun snorted at him and Jongdae huffed back. It ended with both of them sticking their tongues out at each other childishly. The kids giggled.

"Anyways," Minseok tried changing the subject away from tongue sticking.

"But who else knew about your crushes?" Taeyeon asked. "Was it only Yi Fan and Jongdae?"

"I knew too." Kyungsoo raised his hand.

"Really?" Chanyeol asked surprised.

"I didn't know about your crush. Or at least I needed to get it confirmed. But I knew about his." He motioned to Baekhyun with a nod by his head. "For a long time actually." Baekhyun glared at him with narrowed eyes. As if he'd been that obvious.

"Tell us, uncle Kyungsoo," Luna requested with a pleading smile, and Kyungsoo told them the story of how he found out.

 

"You like him," D.O. suddenly said, as he noticed how Baekhyun had stared after him when he stood up. Chanyeol was out of hearing area, as he was standing by the water tank. The others weren’t visible anywhere, because they were out getting a band aid for Sehun's bleeding finger; don't ask why they had to be three for the bleeding maknae, Kai had just decided to go with them, even though Suho said he could take care of it. So Baekhyun and D.O. were sitting alone on the floor in the practice room, making it feel safe for D.O. to say.

"Shh!" Baekhyun shushed, but soon realized what he was doing, and sat up straight, putting up a confused look. "What are you talking about?"

D.O. rolled his eyes. "I'm talking about coconuts, what do you think!" Baekhyun pursed his lips.

"I'm talking about you liking Park Chanyeol, stupid," D.O. said seriously.

"I'm not stupid," Baekhyun mumbled with a pout. "And I do not like Chanyeol..."

"So you don't mind me talking about it loudly then?" D.O. said, raising his voice teasingly.

"Shh! Stop!" Baekhyun shushed once again, slightly panicking. "Okay, fine! I like Chanyeol!" he whispered. "Just please don't say anything!"

"If you don't want anyone to notice, maybe you shouldn't stare after him so obvious."

"Hey, what are you talking about?" Chanyeol sat down next to Baekhyun. D.O. smirked.

"You," D.O. said, looking at Chanyeol. Baekhyun glared at him with narrow angry eyes.

"Me? Why?" Chanyeol laughed confused.

"Because you really made a mess over there, knocking over the cups," D.O. said.

"Damn, I hoped you didn't see that," Chanyeol said with an embarrassed smirk. D.O. smiled at him, and Baekhyun smiled relieved to D.O., who acknowledged it with a small nod.

 

"You knew back then?" Chanyeol asked and Kyungsoo nodded.

"I knew before that. It was pretty obvious."

"No, it's wasn't!" Baekhyun objected. Kyungsoo just nodded, as if saying 'yes, it was'.

"Then why didn't the others notice?" Baekhyun asked him. "And how couldn't Chanyeol tell?"

Kyungsoo shrugged. "Because Chanyeol hyung is not always that bright. And because Joonmyun hyung was usually busy preparing something or making up for the messes you made, while Jongin and Sehun just never noticed anything around them, not really caring about what was going on. Oh, and the rest were in China." He smiled as if he'd just solved a math problem everyone thought was hard, but it really wasn't. Baekhyun looked gloomily at him, and Sehun and Jongin both looked pretty offended.

"Hey!" Sehun said.

"We don't only care about ourselves!" Jongin continued. Kyungsoo just shrugged innocently. Chanyeol didn't say anything, as if he didn't notice Kyungsoo actually offended him too.

 


 

A/N: OMO, I have 100 subscribers!!! O_o Thank you so so so much! (^o^) I love you, my readers! And I hope that you enjoyed this chapter as well.

Okay, so I hope I offended no one with this chapter; it is purely made up and for entertainment only! I don't think anyone in EXO seems that homoual.. (keke), and I don't think that Chanyeol is that oblivious/dumb, and I don't think that Sehun and Kai only care about themselves! So don't take it the wrong way; this story is purely for entertainment! ^_^

So are you guys excited for MAMA today?? I plan to watch it with my sister after school (unfortunately I can't watch it 100% live, because I'm in school... T^T ) But I will watch it! It's going to be so exciting!

Oh, and sorry about me not uploading in the weekend... I hope you don't mind... 'Cause it's here now! ^_^

And regarding the comments: thank you very much for commenting on my story, it makes me very happy! There's a request for a TaeKai bonus, and also more Kray and XiuHan. I'll try put more Kray and XiuHan in the next chapter (that's not a flashback, so I think it's possible ;) ). And I think the next bonus should be with the "mystery family" (there's another family I haven't told you about, remember :P ), but I'll make sure to make one for TaeKai too (don't know when it'll be uploaded, though)!

As always: thank you for subscribing and commenting. You make my day! ^_^ And if you did like this chapter, then please continue leave comments and subscribe! ^_^ Have a nice Wednesday!