Honeymoon -II-

The Warmth of Spring

Even though they shared a bed, Su Jin liked that Jaejoong had been a gentleman and has not tried to do anything to her. After her shower, Su Jin was choosing her outfit for the day when Jaejoong, who was about to stepped into the shower himself, stopped and suggested, “Su Jin-si, what do you think about spending some time at the pool? It’s really hot today. We can sight-see in the city this evening.” 

“Yeah, why not?” she replied while trying to hide how reluctant she was about swimming. She picked a bikini from her closet and threw a short dress over it. She applied some sunscreen and by the time she was all done, she found Jaejoong waiting for her next to entrance to the suite. He was wearing a simple t-shirt and shorts. He took her hand in his and they made their way to the restaurant for breakfast.

They were going to the pool directly after breakfast but Su Jin suddenly stopped and said, “I forgot my sunglasses. I’m going to go fetch them and join you after.”

“I can go with you if you want me to.”

“It’s okay. You can go ahead.”

So Jaejoong went to the pool. The pool attendant showed him where to sit. He took off his shirt and laid down on one of the two pool chaise lounge chairs. He played with his phone while waiting for his wife. Suddenly, a girl sat down on the other chair meant for his wife. He took off his sunglasses and sat up to look at her. The girl was Asian for sure but he was not sure if she was Korean.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” she said with a seductive smile. As soon as she greeted him, he knew she was Korean for sure. 

“Mmm, annyeonghaseyo.”

“How are you?”

“Sorry, but this place is taken.”

“I know.” He was about to speak but she started first.

“I’m one of Balmain’s biggest fan.”

“Thank you.” His answers have been cold because he didn’t like this kind of interactions. But he didn’t want to call for the pool attendants either. He didn’t want to cause a scene.

“Well, may I present myself? I’m Jung Sunye and I’m a designer. I really want to work for your company. It’s my biggest dream.”

“I’m not the one who is responsible for recruiting employees. You can send your designs and CV to the Human Resources Department and they will determine the selection.”

“I know and I don’t want to enter the company that way. That is why I am here to see you.”

“What?” 

“Well, don’t you understand what I can offer you? I enjoy many diverse roles,” she said, moving her lips seductively. 

“I can be your designer, your secretary, your friend, someone you go to when you are bored.”

“What are you talking about? I will be calling security right now.”

“You know, men get tired of their wives so they need a mistress. I can be yours and I won’t need any money, only a job.”

“Stop your bull NOW. Leave or else you will regret it. And I love my wife by the way, so you better leave.”

Just then, Su Jin arrived and bowed to the girl. She thought the girl was a businesswoman that Jaejoong knew.

“Su Jin-ah, can you put some sunscreen on my back?” She knelt behind him and gently put on the sunscreen on his back, wondering what was going on.

“Miss, you don’t need to stay here.”

“Here is my phone number. Call me if you change your mind.” He returned the card  to her without saying another word. She left angrily.

When Su Jin finished applying the sunscreen, she said, “Here, it’s all done.”

He turned and kissed her cheek, which made her really blush. He then whispered, “People saw me chatting with that girl and the kiss is to stop any rumors.”

“Who is she?” 

“A crazy girl… She wants to work as a designer.” 

“You can help her.”

“No.”

Su Jin moved over to her chair to lie down. She picked up her book to read but Jaejoong’s voice made her look at him.

“You are not going to swim?”

She looked at him and his tattoo. She didn’t expect him to have such a well-built body. But then she remembered his question and got scared. “Ani, not now.”

He nodded and went to the pool to swim. She puts down her book and watched him swim instead. She also noticed how girls were looking at him and how some of them kept swimming closer to him to get his attention. She smiled but she didn’t really like it. She doesn’t want some stupid rumors to ruin their reputation.

After 15 minutes, she decided to stop looking at Jaejoong and the girls. She wanted to close her eyes and get a tan. She stood up to take off her dress, then returned to lying down on the chair. She was wearing a pink bikini that was making her curves stand out perfectly. 

When Jaejoong was done swimming and returned to his wife, he didn’t expect to see what he was seeing in front of him. He took the opportunity since her eyes were closed to admire her body. He can’t deny that he found her way too y. He is a man after all. 

He cleared his throat and she opened her eyes. “I think you are not going to swim. Let’s do something else.”

They spent their honeymoon touring the city, doing some tourist activities like dolphin discovery, visiting the famous clubs, and going on archaeology tours. A couple of days before returning to Korea, Jaejoong planned for them to go snorkeling since it was popular in Cancun. Su Jin was like always, reluctant when it comes to any activity involving water. 

When they arrived at their destination, they wore their wetsuits and made their way to the boat so that they can get to the diving site. Su Jin saw some jet skis and she really wanted to try them but she was scared. “Jaejoong-si, can we try the jet skis?” 

He was happy that she suggested an activity because he was always the one choosing the activities. He agreed and told the attendant, “Can we have two jet skis please? You can go with the boat. We will join you with the jet skis.”

The man nodded and said, “Of course.” 

Su Jin simply stared at Jaejoong but is not saying anything,

“What?”

“Can I have a life jacket?”

“You are scared of the water? Is that why you have not swim since we got here?”

“No, it’s just that it’s going to be very deep there. And I don’t swim because of something you won’t understand.”

He didn’t understand what she was saying but he decided to let it go.

“Oh, one more thing. Can we use just one jet ski?”

Jaejoong laughed and told her to join him on his jet ski. She tightened her grip around his waist and asked the man to take a picture of them. Jaejoong was enjoying his time on the jet ski but he can feel that Su Jin was very scared so he stopped the jet ski and turned to say to her, “Don’t be scared. I will make sure you don’t fall into the water. Just enjoy it.”

She only nodded and tried to do what he told her.

When they arrived by the boat, he helped her to get off the jet ski. He even took off her life jacket, which made her blush again.

Su Jin hesitated a lot before joining her husband in the ocean. She was shaking a lot. He extended his hand to help her and made her jump into the water. Once in the water, she started trembling more, which made Jaejoong come closer to her and hugged her. “Hey, I’m here, next to you. Don’t worry, I won’t let go of your hand. Nothing bad will happen to you. Trust me.” He helped put her mask on and helped her to snorkel. He intertwined their fingers and followed their guide, who showed them all kind of fishes. They were able to discover the ocean deep. Su Jin was happy to discover all these new things but her fear didn’t allow her to enjoy it as much as Jaejoong. 

Night came pretty fast. Ater their shower, they went to have dinner in a fancy restaurant and then were back to retire to bed.

Jaejoong was woken up by the sound of someone crying. He the lights and found his wife in tears. She sounded like she was suffocating in her sleep. When he moved closer to her, he saw that she was sweating. He touched her forehead and found that she had a high fever. He tried to wake her up.

“Su Jin-si, Su Jin-si, do you hear me?” She didn’t hear him and continued to cry. “Su Jin-si, you are just having a nightmare. I’m here. Open your eyes.” 

He tried to wake her up but couldn’t. Seeing her almost suffocating and crying was unbearable. He shook her a little bit harder, hoping she would open her eyes and she did.

“Su Jin-si, what happened? Was it a nightmare? Are you sick? Wait, I’ll call for a doctor.”

She stopped him. “It’s okay, I’m fine.”

“You don’t look fine at all. You have a fever and you are not breathing normally.”

“It’s nothing. Believe me, I’ll be fine. Just go back to sleep.” She said weakly.

“But what about your fever?” 

“It’s okay. It must be the flu. I usually have one in the summer and i have some medicine with me.” She lied but she didn’t want to worry him. 

He gave her some water and brought her bag to her so she can take her medicine. She took them and tried to sleep again. Jaejoong sat on a chair and kept watching her. He couldn’t sleep until he was sure she was okay and was asleep. One hour passed. She couldn’t sleep. She got out of bed and went to the balcony, to get some fresh air.

Jaejoong followed her. “You can’t sleep?”

“No, I couldn’t. How about you?”

“Same here. Do you want to go for a walk?” 

She nodded and put on a pair of sweatpants over her shorts.

They took the elevator to the hotel lobby.

"Do you want to take a stroll on the beach or a walk in the park?"

She quickly answered, "Let's go to the park. We haven’t seen it yet. I heard it's really big and beautiful."

"Okay, let's go.”

They walked for a few minutes before arriving at the park. Since it was 1:30am, few people were there. They walked without talking to each other. Jaejoong was dying to find out what happened to her and what she was thinking about. 

"Jaejoong-si, you must be really tired. We can go back if you want."

"No, I'm fine. It's nice here."

"Aren't you sleepy?"

"I don't have to work tomorrow so I will have time to sleep."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For everything. My brother and Junsu oppa were right. You can be kind and caring."

"It's not for nothing that every ajhumma wants me as a son in law. You are lucky."

She stopped walking and laughed out loud. "Who told you that you are the perfect son in law?"

"A poll in some magazine."

"And you believe it?"

"Ani, i was just kidding. The people who voted don't know me. They just know my name and my face so they can't judge me.”

Su Jin stayed silent and only looked at the trees because she doesn't know what else to say but Jaejoong couldn't take it anymore. He was so curious.

"What happened to you earlier? Is there something I don't know?"

"L-like what? It's nothing, it's just a summer flu.”

He then touched her forehead to see if she still had a fever but it was gone. He smiled and said after a while.

"What are you thinking about?"

"The things I should do after we return to Korea. My vacation will be over and I have a packed schedule. How about you?"

"Nothing, I have many things to do and we are preparing for the fashion show."

"Hope it will be successful like always."

"Thank you. So, have you chosen the brands you will be modeling for?"

“Yes and no. There are some brands that I'm always modeling for. Those are long-term contracts. Some contracts were signed before my holidays. I know for sure the ones that I will decline and there are some I have not decided on."

"You will be busy?"

"Yes."

"I know this is not the honeymoon you were dreaming of but I hope you had some fun."

"Of course I had fun. How about you?"

"Of course i had fun."

"You always talk about the proposal and honeymoon that I dream of. But what about you? You have never dreamt of your perfect honeymoon or marriage?"

He smiled and looked at her. "To be honest, I never thought I would marry at this age. For me work comes first and I'm not a person who likes commitment. I am not a person who will be able to give a girl what she is looking for. That's why from time to time, I just have one night stands." 

"Then I came along and destroyed all of it."

"No, it's not like that. I know that we both are in the same position. We had dreams but our parents had another vision of what's best for us and for them."

Su Jin was really listening to what he was saying because this was the first time they have talked to each other without sarcasm and it turning into an issue.

"And when I said we had dreams, I didn't mean that we can't have the same dreams anymore. We can fulfill them together. You should decide what you want from this marriage. Remember what i told you? We can be friends or make it work, but one thing is for sure, I won't sign any contract stating a future divorce."

"Make it work? You will be able to love me? Or do you even want to love me?"

Jaejoong remained silent. He couldn't answer her. He didn't want to hurt her and he didn't want to lie to her either. 

"It's okay, I wouldn't be able to answer these questions too."

He ruffled her hair and smiled. They arrived at a beautiful place with lights that made the place even more beautiful. They stopped to enjoy the view.

"Oh, I didn't bring my phone. I wanted to take a picture of this beautiful place." She pouted, regretting leaving her phone at the hotel. 

"Here, you can use mine." He gave her his phone and continued to look at the waterfall. She took some pictures and then took the opportunity to take pictures of Jaejoong too. He looked at her and smiled for the next picture. When she gave him back his phone, he told her "Let's take a picture together. We should have a memory of this honeymoon, like other couples."

"Look at what I am wearing. I can't take a picture like this."

"It's okay. A tank top and sweatpants look good. Come on."

She smiled and stood beside him to take the picture but he surprised her by moving to stand behind her, leaning her against him and back-hugged her. She wasn't expecting this at all and blushed. He too could feel how discomfort.

"Smile." She smiled and the picture came out perfectly.

"Our parents would be delighted to see this picture." 

"Yes. How about we go back? It's already 3:00 AM," he said while checking his watch. 

 

When they returned to Korea, they went home directly. Everything has been settled and furnished. They were greeted by the two maids and the driver. After resting for a bit, they talked to their families but excused themselves because they were too tired to have dinner with their parents.

Su Jin left the living room and headed for Jaejoong's study. She knocked and opened the door. "You are going to work tomorrow? "

"Yes, I have an important meeting in the morning. How about you?"

"I will be going to the agency."

"You are going to see Minju-si?"

"Probably. I will see her before going to the dinner with our families."

"Okay." He said and returned to his papers.

"I'm going to bed." He nodded.

When Jaejoong finished his work, he walked to the bedroom but he didn't find Su Jin there. He wondered where she was. He checked the bathroom but she wasn't there. “Where is she? She was sleepy a while ago.”

While looking for her, he passed by a room and saw the door slightly opened. He entered quietly and found her sleeping there. He got upset and frustrated. He didn't understand why she went to another room to sleep. It's not like they didn't share a bed before. Was this her answer to his question? The question about the nature of their relationship? He left the room and went to bed, still frustrated. 

Su Jin woke up very early, went to the kitchen and found that the maids were already there.  "The breakfast can be ready in a couple of minutes, Madam."

"Ani, it's okay. I will prepare breakfast myself."

"We are sorry, madam. We will have it ready in no time."

"If I'm home, I will be the one who cooks. Did you have your breakfast?"

"Yes we did, Madam. What will we tell the young master? He wouldn't like it if you were the one who does what we were paid to do."

"He won't say anything. Believe me. But if you are scared, don't tell him anything. When i come back from work, I'll have more time so we can get to know each other better, okay?" She smiled and they returned the smile.

"So tell me. What does Jaejoong-si like to have at breakfast?"

They told her what her husband liked and she cooked it. They helped her because she didn't know where everything was. After cooking breakfast, she ate a little, and went to shower. She chose her outfit for the day. Then, before leaving the walk-in closet, she decided to pick out Jaejoong's suit, his shoes and a nice tie. She laid them on the jewelry case where all his watches and other accessories are. 

When Jaejoong woke up and went to prepare for work, he found a suit already laid out. At first he didn't understand what it was doing there but decided to wear it with the shoes and tie. He put on a watch, brushed his hair, splash on some cologne, and went downstairs to have breakfast. Like always, breakfast was on the table. He sat in his usual seat and called for the maid, "Ajhumma, can you wake up Su Jin-si please."

"She already left sir." He nodded and took a sip of his coffee. 

 

At Sidus HQ agency, Su Jin met with her new manager. The agency switched out the one who replaced Minju. The new manager is a woman who is in her mid-thirties. She looked nice and hard-working. Su Jin discussed her schedule and the contracts with her new manager and CEO. 

"Well, in two days, I have to attend the show with Yoo Jaesuk sunbae and Yoo Hee Yeol sunbae."

"Yes, you know they ask some unexpected and difficult questions. And they will bring up all kind of subjects."

"Yes, I know. Don't worry. So a representative will call all these companies and tell them my decisions, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I will leave then. Unnie, let's have lunch with my staff so you can get to know my makeup artist, stylist, hairstylist, and chauffeur."

After lunch, Su Jin met with her friends and spent the entire afternoon with them. Then, she went to her in- laws’ house where the two families are gathering. She arrived before her husband and greeted her parents, her in laws, her brother and Junsu.

She was in her brother's arms when her mother-in-law asked her, "Sweetie, where is Jaejoong? Why didn't you come together?"

"He will be a little bit late. He has many things to get done at work."

They talked about the honeymoon and everyone asked her how they spent their time there. Su Jin told them how beautiful the city is and how much fun they had.

Then her brother whispered, "Are you okay? Jaejoong was good to you?"

"Yes, don't worry."

"Did you swim?"

"Just once. Don't worry, really.”