14th Luck

Amulet

"10 patients in a day, two surgeries within 5 hours. Im so going to be dead soon." Sooyoung told her workmate as they had their coffee break outside the hospital.

"Tell me about it. Work will be our death. Do we get something like insurance for this?"

"I think we do." And the two doctors laughed.

Some nurses passed by and greeted them. Sooyoung overheard one of them saying, "Doctor Choi is cute when she laughs." and another saying, "She laughs a lot nowadays."

It wasnt a news that Sooyoung had a very grumpy image in the hospital and only few doctors can be counted as her friends or atleast to whom she talks to when there's no work. But now, since Sunny and her relationship had progressed, no more grumpy Doctor Choi Sooyoung and hello to cute-laughing and in love Doctor Choi Sooyoung which every one seemed to enjoy more. She's now seen in the hallways smiling back ang greeting all the staffs and would have small conversations with them anytime she can.

She chuckled while shooking her head. Lately, she had been receiving those compliments and she doesnt really know how to react.

"They keep saying youre cute and you should smile or laugh more."

"Have I not been cute since like forever?"

"Damn, what exactly did Ms. Lee do to you?"

"She made me fall in love?"

"who are you and what did you do to Doctor Choi Sooyoung that I know?" She hit her workmate before sipping her coffee when a running Lee Sunny came into view.

"Finally, I found you." Out of breath Sunny managed to say.

"You didnt lost me in the first place." Sooyoung quipped but when she saw how pale her girlfriend is, worry crept into her.

"Sunny?" She asked but the short girl only smiled weakly at them before acknowledging the other doctor.

"Soo, we..." Sunny started but she didnt get to finish her sentence when her body gave out. Luckily, Sooyoung was attentive and managed to catch her before she hit the ground.

"Sunny? Sunny?" Are you okay?" But there was no response. "Get a stretcher." Sooyoung told the other doctor who rushed inside the building and asked nearby nurses.

Sooyoung carried Sunny's unconscious body and ran inside the hospital as well.

"I told you to stay away from her." A very aggressive and violent CEO Lee arrived and the first thing he did was strangle Sooyoung by her neck. Henry who rushed towards them tried to pry Sunny's dad off the doctor but failed, luckily two hospitals staffs saw them and helped.

"I told you to stay away from her but what did you do? What the did you do?" The man's outburst received some attention from people passing by the halls.

"Sir, this is not the place and time for this." Henry told him but the man was obviously enraged that he doesnt care about his image anymore.

Sooyoung didnt bother to answer and kept her eyes on the door where the nurses took Sunny in. She's worried as hell and her brains doesnt work properly that she didnt even realized she's been strangled and the hospitals staffs that pulled Sunny's dad off her had led her to sit in one of the chairs. Voices were faint, screams were inaudible, words doesnt even register in her head. She's there but she wasnt.

A doctor came out and she rose up. 

"Sorry Doc, but family only." The doctor told her and Sunny's dad threw her a glance before going inside.

"Then why the hell is he going in?" She referred to Henry walking behind their CEO.

Then everything sunk in and she felt like her world got crushed in a blink of an eye when she heard CEO Lee said, "He's her fiance now."

And the door closed in front of her face.