Crimson

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Taeyeon's P.O.V* 

I woke up with a sleeping beauty beside me holding my hand. I slowly removed my hand from hers afraid I might wake her up and sat up slowly because I can still feel some pain from my wound. I took my phone at the night stand to check what time is it and saw that It's already 6:20 in the evening. 

I sighed when I saw the cast in my hand. I'm worried I may not be able to play basketball and  the tournament is starting soon and I can't practice if I'm like this. I texted Yul asking to call my doctor and asked him to drop by my unit if he's not busy.

I was staring at Jessica who's sleeping peacefully when my phone suddenly rang causing her to wake up. I answered the phone and turned my back on her, stood up and went to the living room. 

"Hey bro, Dr. Kim said that he'll go there once he's done with the operation of his patient. By the way, why are you asking him to go there? Is something wrong with your wound?" Yul asked on the other line.

"No bro I'm okay. I just want him to check my arm and ask him if I can play as soon as I took the cast off." I answered.

"Okay I thought there's something wrong. I wanted to stay there to help you but Jessica said that she can take care of you and asked me to take a rest first. I bought you some groceries it's on the table. Bro, I have to go. I'll come visit you again tomorrow take a rest. Bye." I thanked him before ending the call.

I was still looking at my phone when I turned around not noticing that Jessica was already in front of me and bumped into her. Our faces were too close when I look up causing me to take a step back but she pulled me back hugging me. I didn't know what to do when I heard her sobbing.

"Je-jessica why?" I asked

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's all my fault. If I haven't gone to the bar that night this wouldn't happen to you. I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry." Jessica cried.

"No baby, it's not your fault. Stop crying I hate seeing you like this please." I said as I pull away from the hug and looked at her straight in the eye.

I carressed her cheeks and wiped the tears on her eyes. "It's not your fault. You're my girl, and it's my responsibility to protect you so don't blame yourself. Okay?" I told her and kissed her forehead.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes until she stopped crying. I made her sat on the sofa and gave her some water. 

"Your wound, how's your wound? Does it still hurt?" She asked as she put down the glass on the table. "It doesn't hurt that much now, not like before." I said and smiled at her giving her assurance that I'm okay. Once I told her that I'm okay, she heaved a little sigh and enveloped me in a hug again. 

We're still at the sofa hugging while watching television when someone pressed the doorbell. I stood up quickly and opened the door expecting that it was my doctor but it was my mom's body guard.

"Good evening sir Taeyeon." The guy said and bowed.

"What brings you here? Is mom with you?" I asked him.

"Yes sir, but she's at the restaurant near this building. She just asked me to tell you that the charity ball will be tomorrow 8:00pm and you need to be there. She also said that you can come with your girl that you always talk about." He said and noticed him that he's looking at my arm while he's talking.

"Okay, I got it. You can go now. And please don't tell mom about my arm and my bruises." I said with a serious look

"Yes sir." He said. I smiled and patted his shoulder. 

"Good, now go and protect my mom." I said and he bowed before he left me.

I went back in the living room and saw her reading something. I sat beside her and looked what is she reading and saw it was a text message. It's an unregistered number.

"Who's that?" I asked her and she just shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know maybe it's just a mistake." She answered.

"What did it say?" I asked again. She showed me the text message and saw what's in the message.

-

From: Unregistered Number

Hi! How are you? I missed you. :)

-

I took her phone in her hand and replied to the message telling her that the lady he's hit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter