Chapter 21

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #11

 

I woke up in a room, which is obviously not mine. “Sehun? You’re awake?” Kris asked as he flipped his Harper’s Bazaar magazine. “Where am I? Where’s Hyojin?” I asked him and got up to lean on the headboard. “Isn’t it obvious? You’re at hospital dude. Don’t worry. She’s fine. Thankfully Tao called you in the right time.” Kris replied. “Oh. She’s fine right?” I inquired again. “Yup. Perfectly fine except that she was too panic that day. She kept on crying and even refused to eat since she worried about you a lot.” Kris told me. “You’ve been passed out for 2 days. The doctor said that you can go home once you woke up. Better prepare now because we’re getting tired of persuading Hyojin to take care of herself and she’s such a stickler. She’s been worrying over you too much.” Once Kris told me that, I stood up immediately with the metal cane beside me and changed my clothes.

From : Luhan

 

2.21 p.m – Can we talk?

 

 

                                                                                                            2.21 p.m – Sure.

 

 

2.23 p.m – Ok. Come to the studio.

 

“Hyung, just drop me at Luhan Hyung’s studio.” I told Kris. “Luhan’s studio? Are you sure?” Kris asked unsurely. “Yes. He said that he wants to talk about something.” I replied and Kris nodded. I wonder what Luhan going to say. It seems like he was mad at me and we hadn’t been talk since that fight at Hongdae.

 

“Hyung.” I called and he looked back to my direction. “Oh, you’re here.” He said and sat down on the sofa. I don’t know how to describe it, but it’s a little bit quiet and awkward. It looks like he’s still mad at me. “How’s your ankle?” He asked as he took a sip of his Starbucks coffee. “Fine. It got a little bit worse than before but yeah, still fine.” I replied. “Have you remembered what’s going on that night?” He prompted. “I don’t know. I only remember some of it.” I answered. “You were being impetuous that time, Hun. Do you know that?” Luhan spoke again and I remained silent.

 

“I’ll help you this once, only this once. I’ve told you not to do all of those stupid acts but you still did it. It disappointed me and others to be honest.” He said seriously. I lowered my head in shame and he continued. “She was so mad at you that time. To be precise, she was frightened because of your actions.” Luhan said and looked at me. “Look, I’ve promised to take care of you right? I’ll do it no matter what happened. You’re my brother. I’ll always protect you and others as well, but I can’t always be there to solve your problems. You’ve grown up and there were times you need to solve and handle it all on your own. Start from today, Tao and I will move in with you to watch over you.'” He announced.

 

“Why?” I spoke up after the silence. “Don’t you realize it? You’re slowly going back to your old self and I won’t let that happen. After that incident with Hyojin and Sangwoo, I know that you’ve been drinking every night now. You’ve throwing tantrum to everyone. You’ve been clubbing again that’s why you refused to go with us! Who do you think that always bring you back every morning after you went clubbing? Why do you need to ruin everything that you built up so hard because of worthless bastard like Sangwoo?” Luhan yelled and threw his Starbucks cup in anger.

 

He knew about my last encounter with Kwon Sangwoo? He knew that I’ve been drinking again? “Is it you that…” I stopped. “Yes. Do you think it’s Minhyuk who brought you home every night? It’s me! Do you know how it feels like to see people you care about slowly tumbling down? You've hit the bottom once. Sehun-ah, we won’t let that happen again. We did this all for your own good. I’ll stay with you. You’re not in a good state for living alone. You need time to reflect on your own actions lately and you need someone to watch over your reckless behavior.” Luhan calmly said. “I’m sorry Hyung. I’m sorry.” I apologized. Luhan hugged me and I cried. Luhan has been a good brother for me from the beginning. I’m always the closest to him and he’s the one who helped me the most during my dark days..

 

“Do you want to know what happened that day?” I know what he was talking about and I nodded slowly. He told me everything, including the part that I kissed her. “I was such a bastard. Hyung, no wonder she hates me. I’m a worthless piece of . What have I done?” I muttered in shock. “This is the last time I’ll help you. Now you know how wrong is it right? I expect this won’t happen again in future, or you’ll regret it. Now let’s go.” Luhan said and grabbed his car key. “Where are we going?” I asked. “Not ‘we’, but you. You are going to apologize to Hyojin.” Luhan stated. “But I don’t think she would want to talk to me.” I said doubtfully. “Maybe she won’t, but you still need to apologize for it. Be a man, Oh Sehun.” Luhan said and pulled me up.