Chapter Six

The Perfect Day To Say I Love You

 

 
Her plan was this: act like the most obnoxious girl on Earth so that Yoochun would get turned off and wouldn’t be interested in her anymore. It was easier said—thought, actually—than done though, as Eun Mi found out that night. It took just one simple stare from the charismatic Park Yoochun and she found herself melting to a puddle of goo. God, even just a simple smile from him made her knees tremble and her heart beat a hundred times faster than normal… And that voice, that voice was just alluring and y.
 
Yes, Han Eun Mi was very much attracted—to the point of almost falling in love—to one Park Yoochun but she would rather stab herself with a hundred daggers than to let him know even just a hint of this. That was why she tried hard acting out her plan. Hard was the keyword there.
 
“What do you want to watch?” Yoochun asked ever so charmingly that Eun Mi almost stopped herself from swooning.
 
She cleared and examined the movie posters in front of them. She even raised her eyebrows for effect. “Hmm,” Eun Mi mumbled after around 5 minutes. “I don’t like any of these. I don’t want to watch a movie.” She said as cruelly as she can.
 
To her surprise (and to her heart’s delight), Yoochun merely smiled. “Okay then. What do you suggest we should do instead?”
 
Eun Mi blinked and muttered the first thing her panicked brain could think of. “Let’s go to a restaurant! A really expensive restaurant that only the A-list could go to. Oh, but too bad we need to have a reservation for such a place. Tsk… Maybe some other time then?”
 
“That wouldn’t be a problem, really. My friend Changmin owns one of the top restaurants in the City. I’ll just send a quick word to him and we wouldn’t even need a reservation.”
 
“Wait,” Eun Mi muttered incredulously. “Changmin? Shim Changmin? THE Shim Changmin, the famous Korean restaurateur who happened to be one of the judges in that famous cooking show? That Shim Changmin?”
 
Yoochun merely chuckled. “Yes. That Shim Changmin. We went to the same high school.” He took out his phone from his pocket and even showed her a recent photo of them in Shim Changmin’s restaurant as proof. “That guy’s obsession for food actually paid off… I’d call him right now and say we’ll be in his restaurant in just 20 minutes.” Yoochun tapped his phone a few times and placed it on his ear but just a second later, Eun Mi grabbed his arm and made him stop.
 
“On second thought, I’m not that hungry. Can we just, erm, you know, roam around and stuff?” Eun Mi babbled, not knowing exactly what to ‘suggest’ next.
 
“You sure?” Yoochun asked.
 
“Positive.”
 
“Okay then.” He said, tapping his phone again and placing it back in his pocket. “Where to?”
 
Eun Mi just blinked then froze. She realized she was still holding onto Yoochun’s arm and it actually felt nice. She coughed and quickly let go of it. Eun Mi turned around and an idea came to her. “Hey, why don’t we go to a bar?”
 
“A bar?” Yoochun repeated, an amused expression crossing his face. “I didn’t think you’re the type to actually go to bars and drink.”
 
Eun Mi chuckled, attempting to make it snide but she just looked more adorable in Yoochun’s opinion. “Heh. I go to bars, regularly actually. I just love to drink and I’m feeling up for a not-so few pints of beer, shots of soju and of tequila.”
 
The pianist stifled a chuckle. “Okay then. I guess I misjudged you. You must have an iron stomach and a strong resistance to alcohol for wanting that.”
 
The words ‘resistance’ and ‘alcohol’ snapped Eun Mi to her senses. The last (and the first) time she went drinking out with her friends she had just 2 glasses of light beer and half a glass of a strong one. The outcome of that wasn’t pretty and it let Eun Mi know that she certainly did not have a strong resistance for alcohol.
 
“Come on.” Yoochun nudged her, waking her up from her thoughts. “What are you waiting for?”
 
“Er, I just remembered I need to wake up early for work tomorrow so I guess drinking is not an option for tonight.” She muttered.
 
“Okay then.” Yoochun said simply and patiently. “Now, where do you really want to go?”
 
“Erm…” Eun Mi thought for a minute but came up with no reply. She was running out of ideas. She was thinking of asking him to the mall to do some heavy shopping but Eun Mi wasn’t that thick.
 
“You know what, we should just go to the park first to help you think.” Yoochun suggested. Not waiting for her to reply, he took her hand and led the way.
 
 
+♥+
 
 
Yoochun wasn’t stupid. He instantly knew what Eun Mi was up to, having seen his younger, more obnoxious, brother, Yoohwan, do the same to a few of the girls he had dated out of pure boredom. But unlike Yoohwan, Eun Mi wasn’t that good at it. Her attempts at making herself seem less interesting to him did the exact opposite. They made her look more adorable in his eyes and Yoochun was drawn to her closer than ever.
 
“Y-Yoochun-ah,” He heard her whisper next to him. Yoochun turned and saw Eun Mi blushing madly but still adamant at not looking at him straight in the eye.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Er…” She mumbled and looked down on their intertwined hands.
 
Yoochun merely smiled and looked ahead. “Come on. There’s a bench just a few meters away.” He said, ignoring her silent request as his grip tightened slightly around her hand. Eun Mi felt her cheeks get hotter at this little action but she was a little too weak from his touch to actually pull her hand away.
 
“Eun Mi-yah, you do know that I know what you’re trying to do.” Yoochun stated amusedly, turning a little to face her.
 
“Eh?”
 
“My brother used that same tactic to drive of girls that are too clingy.”
 
“Y-Yah! I’m not… I’m not doing anything!” She defended but her slightly shaking voice gave her away.
 
“It’s not working though.” Yoochun said, a little more seriously now as his fingers gently played with hers. “My feelings… They’re even stronger now and it would take a little more than that to make me feel otherwise.”
 
Eun Mi looked down. “Why are you persistent?” She asked very softly but Yoochun still heard it clearly. “Why are you this persistent? What makes you think that I even—”
 
“You kissed me back that night.” Yoochun cut her off, seeing the difficulty she was having through her words. “I felt it. You did and that told me that you somehow feel the same way. I wouldn’t give up that easily knowing this.”
 
Eun Mi bit her lip and finally mustered up the courage to look at him. “Fine… But just listen to me now because I’m saying this, I’m sorry. There’s nothing wrong with you. It’s just I’m really not interested.”
 
Again, Yoochun surprised her as he broke into a smile. “I really don’t believe that.”
 
That wasn’t the response she expected. “Eh?”
 
“Your lips might say that but your eyes… there’s something in them.”
 
Eun Mi blinked incredulously. She stared at the man she just rejected but seemed still so eager. “What would I have to do to make you believe me?”
 
“What would I have to do to make you stop lying to yourself and say what you truly feel?”
 
“Yah! You’re getting a little too overconfident you know that?” Eun Mi said, genuinely annoyed.
 
“Not really.” Yoochun said rather smugly. “I just know there’s something.”
 
She raised her eyebrows. “Okay, now you’re just being cocky.”
 
He chuckled. “Hey, I’m pretty sure you love this huge forehead of mine. I mean, who wouldn’t? It’s epically lovable just because it’s pretty wide.”
 
Eun Mi didn’t manage to stifle a laugh and she finally cracked a smile, much to Yoochun’s delight.
 
“See?” He said, gently placing his fingers on her chin. “Now I just made you laugh.” Before Eun Mi can react, Yoochun wrapped his arm around her and closed the distance between them.
 
The kiss was definitely sweeter and longer than before. She was more relaxed this time and Yoochun didn’t hesitate to deepen their kiss. But the kiss still didn’t last that long as Eun Mi parted away from him a little later. They were still close that the tips of their noses were touching and they could feel each other’s heavy breaths on their lips.
 
“Yoochun-ah, can you promise me something?” She whispered, finally staring back, straight into his eyes.
 
“What?”
 
“Please… don’t fall in love with me.” Eun Mi said softly and pleadingly.
 
“I can’t do that...” Yoochun said. “Because I already have.”
 
And he claimed her lips once again, more passionately this time. With her heart beating wildly in her chest, Eun Mi ignored the urge to push him away. Instead, she let herself kiss him back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------;♥
Comments are loved :)
I wouldn't be me--the self-proclaimed loving wifey of Changmin--if I wouldn't add even just Changmin's name in any of my fics. xDD
Oh, and pardon the chapter, I was having writer's block then when the muse came it had to be very cheesy and greasy... O.O" lol