Bonus #5 FINAL

Engraved Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi everyone! :)
Here I am with another bonus! This will be the last drabble for this story.
I could have made it longer, but honestly I feel I've given everything I had to give to this story and now it's time for me to let it go and focus on other projects...
I'm very thankful for all the support you gave to this story and all the love it's received, I can't even express how much it means to me and how touched and grateful I feel... I enjoyed writing this little one a lot :) thank you so much for going through this story with me guys!
I hope you enjoyed it too and had fun reading, and that you'll like this last chapter as well <3
Love you guys <3

 

 

 

          Drabble five: Ever After.

 

          Limbs wrapped up in the warm duvet and face buried into his pillow, Hyukjae was sleeping peacefully, lips unconsciously jutting out and forming one of those plump pouts Donghae loved so much. He wasn’t aware of the sun peeking through the curtains, nor of its rays lightening up the room. He only began to stir out of sleep when his phone started ringing loudly on the night-stand. He frowned delicately, eyes still shut, as the sound quickly pulled him out of his dream. Mind hazy and half-asleep, he eventually realized it was the sound of his alarm clock.

Groaning grumpily, he pulled the duvet over his head and tried to ignore the annoying ringing, just wanting to fall back into sleep. He knew Donghae was going to turn it off and wake him up for work, like he did every morning

“Hae”, he whined groggily when the phone kept ringing.

He stubbornely kept his eyes shut, his lips turning into a deeper, sulking pout. It felt too nice under the sheets, all warm and soft, and he was still tired. He didn’t want to wake up just yet.

Hyukjae had never been a morning person. It had always been hard for him to get up in the morning. Back in school, he used to have the hardest time waking up and getting ready for class. One would think that the problem would get better as he grew older, but now that he was a grown-up and responsible working adult, it was even worse.

Luckily, he had his mate to help him a little. Ever since they had moved in together, Donghae had been there to help him. Usually, Hyukjae would just ignore his alarm and let his lover take care of the annoying device for him. Donghae never failed to turn off the alarm clock, before proceeding to wake Hyukjae up himself, with sweet kisses and gentle whispers - and sometime less innocent touches.

“Hae...”, Hyukjae mumbled again, upset that the other wasn’t taking care of the loud alarm, which kept ringing.

His hand reached out for his mate. His frown deepened as he found the other side of the bed empty and cold. Reluctantly, he cracked an eye open, then the other, and blinked. He gazed around with confusion, troubled to find no sign of Donghae anywhere. It took him a few seconds before he remembered where he was and which day it was.

His body sprung up into a sitting position and his eyes went wide open.

Of course, Donghae wasn’t there. Not today. This wasn’t one of those usual mornings, where Hyukjae refused to wake up for work and Donghae had to get him up. It wasn’t one of those mornings, where Hyukjae would shower and put on his working suit, while Donghae would prepare him some breakfast. Donghae was still a student and he usually had class later in the day, which meant he could just sleep in. But the boy was stubborn and had decided he wanted to get up at the same time as his lover, so that they could spend a little more time together. Hyukjae could only melt at the sweet attention.

But this wasn’t one of those usual mornings, where they would have breakfast together, chat quietly, until Hyukjae left and Donghae went back to bed after getting his have-a-nice-day-kiss. That morning was different, and Hyukjae felt his stomach churn just thinking about it.

A couple seconds later, the door of his hotel’s room was abruptly slammed open and Kyuhyun entered, face sullen.

“Get that ing alarm off, for god’s sake”, the young man grumbled, his eyes half closed but still able to throw daggers at his best friend.

“Oh, sorry”, Hyukjae weakly uttered and reached out for his phone. He pressed on the screen and the ringing went off immediately. He looked back at Kyuhyun and saw his friend’s body relax instantly. “Sorry Kyu, I didn’t mean to wake you up.”

“Hmm, yeah, whatever”, the other mumbled and ruffled his hair sleepily. “I had to get up anyway. Did you get any sleep?”

“Yeah”, Hyukjae muttered as he slipped out of the sheets and off the bed. “Those pills you gave me completely knocked me out.”

“Told you it would work”, Kyuhyun smiled and patted his friend’s shoulder gently. “Now, go and shower while I get Siwon and Heechul here. Don’t worry, we have plenty of time ahead, no need to stress”, he added as he saw Hyukjae starting to fumble around, looking for his towel. “Relax.”

“I can’t”, Hyukjae breathed out in defeat, letting his shoulder slump down.

“Come on”, Kyuhyun cooed, voice surprinsingly soft and soothing for once, as if he could sense his friend’s nervousness. “Just go and shower.”

“Yeah... Yeah, okay.”

Kyuhyun left the room and Hyukjae slowly made his way toward the bathroom. He pulled off his sweat-pants and his underwear, before he stepped into the shower cubicle and turned the water on. He fixed the temperature and let the warm water run down his body for a couple minutes, breathing deeply as he tried to calm his overwhelmed heart. It helped a little, but the strong feeling in his guts didn’t fully disappeared.

He cleaned himself, making sure to scrub every inch of his body and to rinse his hair toroughly. Once clean and fresh, he turned the shower off and grabbed his towel to dry himself. He had just wrapped it around his waist when a knock was heard on the door.

“Hey there”, Heechul crooned as he entered inside the bathroom without waiting for permission. “Oh, you’ve already showered! Good, we can start getting you ready. Nervous?”

“Yeah”, Hyukjae admitted.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make you look stunning.”

Hyukjae nearly rolled his eyes, but controlled his expression. “That’s not why I’m nervous, you know”, he deadpanned.

“I know”, Heechul shrugged nonchalantly while he placed a small box full of beauty products on the dresser near the sink. “But I’ll still make you look stunning. There, put this on your face.”

“What’s this?” Hyukjae carefully took the small tube Heechul was holding up for him.

“Moisturiser. It’ll make your skin all soft and smooth.”

“Do we really need to use those?” Hyukjae scrunched his nose in distaste.

“Yes”, Heechul sternly declared. “Now, put it on or I’ll have to do it myself.”

Hyukjae quickly complied. He uncapped the tube and poured some of the white cream on his fingers. He turned towards the mirror and faced himself, taking a second to look at himself. Heaving a deep breath, he brought his fingers to his face and spread the cream over his skin. As he was massaging his face, letting the moisturiser work on his skin, Kyuhyun and Siwon entered the bathroom. Kyuhyun just went to lean against the wall, fiddling with his phone, while Siwon flashed Hyukjae a wide smile.

“I’m so happy”, the tall young man beamed and patted Hyukjae’s back.

The other just smiled back. He was touched by the kind gesture. He knew Siwon had been a little wary about him at the beginning, before his name had appeared on Donghae’s chest. Siwon was protective over his friend, like an older brother. It meant a lot to Hyukjae to have been fully accepted by Donghae’s friends, to the point Siwon had offered to stay with him and help him get ready.

“You need to relax”, Kyuhyun sighed. “Why are you even so nervous?”

Hyukjae pursed his lips. He was honestly feeling a little guilty about his reaction. Maybe he wasn’t supposed to feel nervous? Maybe he wasn’t supposed to have doubts?

“I guess I’m scared”, he voiced out in a mumble.

“Close your eyes”, Heechul ordered. Hyukjae complied and let the elder rinse his face with a wet face-glove. “Let’s start with the make up.”

“Okay”, Hyukjae muttered, eyes shut and voice muffled by the towel Heechul was using to dry his face. Next thing he knew, he was pushed down to sit on the stool they had brought in the bathroom.

“What are you scared of?” Siwon gently inquired.

“Hyukjae tends to freak out easily”, Kyuhyun commented with his lazy voice.

Hyukjae grunted but kept his eyes shut, not moving an inch as Heechul started applying some bbcream on his face. His moves were quick and precise, and Hyukjae was glad he had a friend to help him out with the make-up, because he wouldn’t have been able to do it himself.

“Yeah, I know”, Siwon said. “But I don’t understand why he’d be scared about this. This is what you want, right?”

“Yes”, Hyukjae replied quietly. “But...”

“Don’t move, I’m putting the eyeliner on.”

“Don’t overdo it, Hyung”, Hyukjae demanded, eyes obediently shut and body completely still.

“Trust me on this, I know what I’m doing”, Heechul only snorted as a reply, and then Hyukjae felt fingers around his eyes, stretching his skin, and the tip of an eyeliner pencil landed on his lid, tracing the line of his lashes.

He remained silent and motionless as Heechul worked on his eyes. It took a few minutes for the elder to finish and let go of Hyukjae’s face. The young man kept his eyes closed, letting his friend retouch the make up and arrange it.

“Do you have doubts about this?” Kyuhyun started his inquire again.

“W-Well...” Hyukjae stammered nervously, feeling his guts twist with another wave of anxiety.

“Donghae would be so upset to hear you”, Heechul sighed. “This is, like, the most important day of his life. He’s been waiting for this ever since he met you! Damn, he's bee

Please log in to read the full chapter