So Expensive Ttaettae

Instaegram

"Uh...Taeyeon-ah.." Tiffany approached us.

"Hm? What's wrong? You jealous? Hehe," I giggled, hugging my mom even tighter.

"No, it's not that.." She reached for my hair.

"Wae? You're making me blush." I rested my head against my mom's shoulders, avoiding Tiffany's grasp.

"Ahew... look!" She brushed her fingers through my hair before flashing her hand at me.

"Eh?!" I pulled away from my mom's embrace, shocked to see Tiffany's hand smudged with bits of gold nail polish.

"Uh-oh, I'm so sorry..." My mom sighed as she looked over her nails.

"Wow. How dare you ruin my beautiful creation?! Umma ttaettae!" I jokingly hit her.

"Haha oops, I'm really sorry. What in the world is a ttaettae? You're ttaettae!" She laughed.

"No, I'm Taetae. Tttaettae means that I'm going to hit you." I smiled.

"No... ttaettae's not a word. We usually say ttaejji, if that's what you're talking about." She stifled her laughter.

"Oh..." I looked away in embarrassment, only to meet eyes with Tiffany who was laughing uncontrollably.

"Babo," She mouthed towards me.

"Shut up. You're dead once we get home." I mouthed back.

"Taeyeon, Tiffany. I can see you both." My mom interrupted.

"Oh." We both said in unison, causing us to burst into laughter.

"So... are you gonna do my nails for me again or not?" My mom interrupted again, nudging me with her elbow.

"Alright alright! Sorry Umma!" I finally turned my attention back to her.

"It's okay haha I'm just kidding. You don't have to," She smiled.

"No, I want to. Pick a color!" I laid out all my supplies again.

"Mm.. this one." She pointed towards the light blue nail polish.

"Okay, wait. This first." I grabbed her hands and erased the remains of the gold nail polish.

"Oh, right. Oops. I'm sorry about that, again." She chuckled.

"It's fine. It was my fault for hugging you so tightly anyways. And... I like doing your nails for you. It's fun!" I giggled as I carefully painted each of her nails.

"Thank you Taetae." She smiled as she left her nails to dry.

"Anytime Umma. Seriously, just call me and I'll run to you." I grinned proudly, looking over my supplies to see how I could decorate them further.

"Psh. Says the person who's busy almost 24/7. And.. this is good enough for me. You don't have to decorate them again." She suggested.

"No.. but I want to~" I whined, holding up my favorite Glitter Top Coat nail polish along with a few shiny stick-ons.

"I don't want to ruin them again. And aren't these super expensive?" She glanced at my supplies that were laid out on the table in front of us.

"No, they're not that expensive. Let me decorate them for you, please~" I whined again.

"Fine..." She sighed and finally placed her hands in front of me.

"Hehe, don't worry about the price Umma. It's nothing, really." I assured as I proceeded to decorate each of her nails.

"Really? From what I've heard, having a collection this big is pretty pricey...especially the decorations." She looked at me, worried.

"No no, it's not, really!" I exclaimed.

"Ahew... I don't know. It still seems expensive to me." She was still concerned.

"No! Umma, how many times do I have to tell you? It's not a big deal." I looked up at her as I finished up my decorations.

"Fine fine. I won't mention it again." She finally gave in.

"Good." I smiled.

"Sooooo expensive, ttaettae!" She elbowed me before laughing hysterically.

"Wow.. just when I thought you forgot." I glared at her.

"I'm kidding! Besides.. when am I ever gonna be able to make fun of you like this again?! Ttaettae ttaettae!" She jokingly hit my arm, gesturing over at Tiffany to join in.

"Ttaettae!" Tiffany giggled, following my mom and slapping me lightly.

"Ya!" I yelled.

"Omo..Taeyeon-ah." My mom scoffed, protecting Tiffany with an embrace.

"Umma! No! You're gonna ruin your nails again!" I pulled the two apart.

"Oh right, hehe, sorry." She chuckled, checking to see that her nails were safe.

"Ahew.. I can't trust you to keep them safe for even 1 second. Let me take a picture of them before you ruin it again." I sighed.

"Okay okay. Here." She held her hands up.

"Done! Now do whatever you want~" I remarked as I uploaded the picture onto my account.

"Okay hehe," She quickly took Tiffany back into her embrace.

"No, Umma. Anything but that." I pulled Tiffany away from her.

"Why~~" She whined, trying to pull Tiffany back towards her.

"Because~" I whined back, tugging Tiffany's arm.

"No~ Ppani-ah, come to Umma~" She pulled harder.

"No! Ppani-ah, come here." I tugged even harder.

"Oww, stop~" Tiffany whined, pulling both of us in.

"There." She smiled, hugging us tightly.

I took this chance to slide my hand towards her waist.

Smack!

"Ow.." I pulled my hand away and shot my eyes towards Tiffany, glaring at her.

"Wae?" She mouthed, cluelessly.

"Taeyeon-ah. Not here." My mom gripped my hand tightly.

Oh. Oops. Sorry Umma.

I blushed in embarrassment before tightening our embrace.

It felt so good to see my mom and to do things for her that I've never done before - even if it was as simple as just doing her nails.

And it felt even better to have Tiffany here with us, even if it meant sharing her with my mom.

I smiled as I closed my eyes and filled my mind with all these thoughts.

For you Umma, I can do anything.

And for you Ppani-ah, I can do anything.

I love you both so much.

I sighed with content, wrapping my arms around them even tighter - the most precious women to ever exiist in my life.