The Elevator

Twenty Five
"Thanks for coming everyone!" Sooyoung waved happily.

And it was over. I couldn't believe it was already over. 

"Taeyeon-ah, it's time to go!" Sunny pulled me towards her. 

I could see all my other members already walking off the stage. I waved to my fans, blowing kisses everywhere I possibly could. 

Hing, I want to stay longer. 

"Let's go let's go! We're going to see them again tomorrow. What's there to worry about? Come on, you need your rest." I heard Jessica say from afar.

"Okay, I'll be there in 2 minutes!" I assured.

I went around and thanked as many of my fans as I could - for celebrating my birthday with me, for coming out to greet us today, and for always supporting me.

Gosh, I love them so much.

All these thoughts boggled my mind and before I knew it, I started tearing up again.

Embarassed, I ran backstage as fast as I could. I never liked it when I let my fans see me cry. 

"Are you okay?" Tiffany asked as she came over and wrapped a blanket around me in a warm embrace.

"Eung. I'm okay. I'm just being emotional again heh," I replied.

"You babo. Don't be sad. Did you already forget what today is?" She asked again. 

"No! Why would I forget? I e year older. I'm getting old," I grumbled.

"Why are you always so negative? I hate it when you do this." She jeered as she started to walk away.

"Wait, Ppani-ah! I'm sorry." I grabbed her arm as fast as I could. 

"Sorry for what?" She scoffed. 

"I don't know. I'm sorry for always being so grumpy these days." I mumbled.

"That's not why I'm mad." She replied.

"Sorry for ruining the mood?" I joked. 

"Ugh, forget it." She sighed before she got into the van and took a seat between Yuri and Jessica.

Aw, she doesn't want to sit with me I guess.

I peeked into the van and saw that there was no more space left in the back. 

"Hyoyeon-ah, why aren't you sitting shotgun?" I asked.

"Eh, don't feel like it. It's all yours, little birthday girl!" She laughed.

"Haha okay, thanks!" I gave her a thumbs up and made my way to the front seat, acting like nothing was wrong.

I didn't want her to think that Tiffany and I fought again.  I remember the last time we fought, she outed us on TV. 

I let our manager know that we were ready to go before I put on my earphones and pretended to sleep. 

The car remained extremely quiet for a few minutes so I decided to cut the act when I heard Jessica whisper,

"Ya Ppani-ah."

"Hm?" 

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing."

"Did you fight with Taeyeon again? Why do you look so mad and why aren't you sitting with her?"

"She's sitting in the front. How can I sit next to her?"

"Okay. Something's up. Tell me the truth. What happened?"

"Ugh, I don't even know. She makes me so angry sometimes." 

"Ahew, I don't even want to ask. You guys probably fought over something stupid again."

No, Sica-yah! Keep asking. I want to know what I did wrong. 

"Unni, what's wrong?"

"Don't worry about it! Nothing's wrong."

"Do you want me to talk to Taeyeon unni for you?"

"No no don't do that. I don't want to deal with her right now."

"Why? What happened?"

"Eh. I don't want to talk about it, sorry and thanks for trying maknae."

"Ahew, okay. Hope you guys work it out."

Arg. Seohyun-ahh! You should've asked her more questions!

"Unni, don't be so mad. What could she have done wrong to make you this angry?" I heard Yoona ask. 

Yes! Yoona jjang! Hehehehe.

"Ugh, can everyone just please leave me alone?!" I heard Tiffany's voice rise.

"Sure, we will.  We're going to leave you alone with Taeyeon. You two better make up before we get back." Sooyoung asserted.

Oh no, this is going to be a rough night. 

"We're here! Taeyeon, wake up!" Our manager nudged me.

"Mm.. 5 more minutes.." I mumbled, trying to act as sleepy as I possibly could.

"Come on! You can sleep as much as you want in the hotel." He responded.

"Fine..." I sighed before I stepped out of the car. 

Ow, my back is killing me.

I took a few minutes to stretch, still trying to figure out what I did wrong, until a huge breeze interrupted me. 

The cold, icy wind made my face turn numb and I could feel all my blood rushing to my nose. 

Why is it so freaking cold?! I probably look like Rudolph right now. 

I turned around and grabbed my jacket out of the car as our manager signaled me to come talk to him. 

We always debriefed together to prepare for our next schedule - whether it be in a few hours, the day after, or even a few weeks later. 

"Okay, so I'll come pick you and the girls up tomorrow in the morning. Just give me a call when you guys are ready. Don't be late."  He asserted.

"You shouldn't be the one talking," I teased as I sent him off to go rest.

I finally put on my jacket and headed towards our hotel. 

I entered the hotel and headed straight towards the elevator.

Our room was on the 7th floor and I couldn't bare to climb up all those stairs.

Ding!

The elevator doors opened and I walked in, only to see Tiffany leaning against the wall, alone. 

Oh right. They all left us here alone. I wonder where they all went though. 

"Oh, you're here." She quickly glanced before pressing the button for our floor.
 
"Ppani-ah. Are you still mad at me?" I asked, hesitantly.
 
"......." There was no answer. The elevator doors closed, and it was completely silent.
 
It was never this tense between us before.
 
Kim Taeyeon. Are you stupid? Why would you ask her a question like that? Just apologize, no matter what. Go, you can do it.
 
"Tippani? Look, whatever I did wrong, I'm sorry. It was all my fault." I sighed.
 
"Are you being serious right now?" She faced towards me.
 
Ppani-ah, stop looking at me like that. It hurts to see you frown.
 
"Eung, I know I sound really stupid right now but you know that I would never do anything to hurt you. I'm sorry." I replied.
 
"You're sorry?" She approached me.
 
"Stop making me feel more worse about it than I already do. Yes, Ppani-ah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being so immature, for not knowing how to cheer you up properly, for ruining a perfect day, and for -"
 
"No, stop." She came closer and closer as I backed away nervously. 
 
"Ow." I groaned as I hit my head against the elevator wall.
 
"Taeyeon-ah. You didn't really think I was mad at you, right?" She asked worriedly, laying her hand behind my head.
 
I stared at her, confused.
 
"I just thought we needed some time alone, away from the girls.... just you and me. I'm sorry if I hurt you." She pulled me in closer.
 
Oh my god. How could I forget? She was teasing me the whole entire day. Aish, babo.
 
"It's okay." I turned away from her gaze, completely flustered.
 
She lifted my chin up and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.
 
"You're so adorable," She giggled before leaning in for a kiss.
 
Ding!
 
Wow, what perfect timing. We were so close too. Dammit, I hate you elevator.
 
The elevator doors opened and we had no choice but to pull away from each other.
 
"Follow me, hehe" She smiled as she took my hand and led me to our suite.
 
As soon as we entered, Tiffany slipped her hand out of mine, grabbing me by the waist.
 
She pulled me towards her and we were only inches apart from each other.
 
Taken aback by her sudden action, I gasped, breathing air onto her lips.
 
"Don't worry. It's only you and me now.." She assured as she leaned closer and closer.
 
Her lips slightly brushed against mine. I couldn't take it any longer. 
 
"Ppani-ah, stop teasing me. You know how much I want you," I cupped her face with my hands and kissed her.
 
Her grip around my waist grew tighter, making my heart beat faster and faster.
 
I continued to kiss her, ever so tenderly, and before I could take it any further, she pulled away.
 
"You don't know how hard it was for me to keep my hands off of you," she gasped before pulling me against her.