First Practice

Just Remember

Kris drove all of us back home. And you decided to carry on with training at home. It was 6:00pm still early. Vocal training starts.


You had never opened up your piano room before in years, but today you did. There was a piano, classical guitar and and electrical one. In the practice room, you minded their echo-ey walls. Their voices wouldn't sound good there. So decided to pick your piano sound proof room instead. 
 
You let them quickly have dinner and wash up. That gave you 2 hours to prepare. You searched up about all the korean pop stars and listed them in a notebook. You focused on the groups or individuals that were mainly good in vocals. Not all of them sang well live. 
You picked Yesung, Kyuhyun, Jonghyun, Hongki and Junsu. They all had poweful voices. And ofcourse there were alot of good girl vocals , but the guys wouldn't be able to learn from them.
 
Baekhyun's POV
 
I was scarfing down food as fast as I could after showering because I had a strange feeling practice wasn't over yet. Jiyoung had been sneaky upstairs for the past two hours. Today was tiring, but as my first day, it wasn't as bad. She was NOT going easy on us when she told us we had to resemble 'perfection'. It was impossible. I swear.
Jiyoung was a thoughtful person. I don't know why she was working us so hard already. I mean we would probably debut like 4 years after, if we're lucky. 
 
"Upstairs guys! Vocal practice now. If your slower than a minute, you get to sleep outside!" she shouted from the second floor. 
 
She was scary. Yup, it was like she was PMSing every hour. I had to run up before she makes me freeze outside tonight. 10 of us rushed up the stairs and the other 2 ran outside from the bathroom with only boxers on. Yup, they were scared less too. She really knew how to threaten us. How scary. 
"PUT YOUR SHIRTS BACK ON YOU TWO!" she screamed.
 
Soon everyone of us were crowded around her piano.
 
Your POV
 
" Okay! Vocal practice begins now. I will play a note and you will sing back. Very simple. Got it?" she instructed.
 
"Yes!" the boys answered in unison.
 
D.o was first. Do. "Dooo" he sang back. 
 
"Very good" You commented.
 
Re, you played.  "Rayyy" Lay sang. You furrowed your eyebrows. 
 
" Lay your pitch is a bit off. It's Rayyy" you sang. You sounded good, but you just tried to match with the piano's pitch. They were somewhat impressed by your angelic voice. It was like you were singing a lullaby when you only sang one note. Your voice remained in Lay's ears and he sang "Rayy".
 
You held a thumbs up "Much better"
By the time she corrected and went through everyone, she showed us videos of Yesung singing. You wanted them to express their feelings by singing like how he did along with Jonghyun. 
 
You knew not to say something like " I want you guys to sound like him" because every person's voice is different and you can't force a change in a person's voice. You were especially impressed with Baekhyun and D.O's voice. Their voices were powerful, y and soothing. They manipulated your mind almost causing you to daydream. Chen and Luhan were amazing as well, but in your mind, Baekhyun and Chen's voice remained as the number 1 and 2. Although, they weren't the best at dancing, they had their vocal skill. Luhan had a soft voice. It was mesmerizing. He was good at dancing too. And he was gorgeous. Wow. 'Prettier than me' you muttered under your breath.
 
You had an idea. Each of them were to pair up with another to sing a duet. Chen could sing high so you made Luhan and him sing the duet 'Lucky' by Jason Mraz. They had to quickly memorize the tune, lyrics and starting pitch before the next practice which was who knows when. 
D.O and Baekhyun assigned 'Next to You' by Justin Bieber and Chris Brown.
Tao and Sehun did ' Nagging' by IU and Seulong.
Xiumin and Kai did 'Way Back into Love' by Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. 
Suho and Lay did 'Don't Say Goodbye' by Davichi.
Kris and Chanyeol did 'Not Afrain' by Eminem.
 
They had to practice their English anyways. You were exhausted by the time vocals was over. Without having to remind them, they all started practicing for their songs. You were already feeling proud of them. You changed quickly into your hello kitty pajamas. You grabbed your phone to the side of you.
 
What happened to Victoria?
Ohgod it was 11pm already. You decidedto call her anyways. It connected.
 
"Hello? Tori? You there?" 
 
"Hi SM president's daughter. How's training?"
 
"What?! Who told you?! how to you know?"
 
"Don't worry my best friend. Your dad came over and explained everything to me. I even told him I dreamed by being a make-up artist"
 
"REALLY?! What'd he say?"
 
"He said I could help out with SM once your boys debut. I can be their coordi noona or dongsaeng or something like that. I can't believe you didn't tell me you "
 
"Everything's happening so fast. I can't keep up."
 
" So Jiyoung, now I know how you got me ALL of Super Junior's signatures for my birthday. You little bish"
 
"Yea whatever."
 
"Just to tell you, you aren't going to school anymore"
 
"Oh. Oka- WAIT WHAT?"
 
"Your dad wants you to focus on training the guys. Or what he calls it ' your big project' so he dropped you out. Well not really, I'm gonna bring your homework and you get to see the teachers' lessons via skype or something"
 
"ohmygod"
 
"I'm pretty sure we have math tomorrow. Be prepared. I'll drop off your homework at around 6" 
 
"Thank you so much. Ughhhg I'm so tired. Training is hard. I've been dancing to Sorry Sorry all day!"
 
"See I told you forcing you to watch all those videos wasn't a waste of time. Now if you excuse me, unlike you, I have school tomorrow morning and didn't finish my health report yet."
 
"But that was due-"
 
"Yea yea two weeks ago I know. Anyways see ya"
 
And the called ended. You laid in your bed. Your shoulders became stiff and your legs were sore due to the sudden activeness today. You could hear harmonizing voices from next door. Two heads popped into you room with the door opened about 10 centimeters.
 
You giggled because they looked funny from your angle.
 
"What're you guys doing here?" you ask with a tired smile. 
 
"To massage you" Sehun and Tao said in unison.