Rear Window

Rear Window

 

 

He sat by the large picture window, keeping to the shadows as he watched the world around him.

 

People were fascinating.

 

It was like watching an ant struggling across a picnic table, carrying a breadcrumb three times its size.  The insect completely focused on its own life, its own problems, so much so that it never noticed the giant thumb hovering above its head, moments from snuffing out its already short life.

 

He shifted restlessly in his seat, grabbing a long ruler from the table to try to reach the itch on his leg.

 

His eyes scanned across the courtyard, silently observing.  He watched the woman tending to her garden with loving care, ignorant to the puppy digging happily in her tulips just behind her.

 

He noticed a yoga class going on, women in tight spandex contouring their bodies into unbelievable ways, but he kept his eyes moving, finally landing on his real target: third window from the right.

 

He stared intently as the man sat quietly, watching television alone. 
 

It was fishy. 

 

Who wore their good khakis to lounge at home anyway?
 

He could feel it in his bones; this man was up to no good. 
 

He reached for his binoculars; fully intent on spending the day figuring just what this stranger was plotting when—
 

"Kim Jonghyun quit playing with Jinki hyung’s wheelchair!  And I swear to god if you wasted all the gauze pretending your leg is broken again I am going to seriously push you out that window!"

 


As I said, you really have to know the movie to understand this at all.  Because I slipped a lot of teeny-tiny references in so few words.  And I think that last line is hilarious.  But I am kind of an idiot sometimes so whatever. 

I honestly haven't seen this movie in ages so I have no idea where this little pointless thing came from.  *shrugs*

Hope you enjoyed!  <3