Terms and Conditions

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Terms and Conditions

 

Kim Taeyeon.

I stared at the ceiling, my eyes glazing over the pocket holes in the plaster, repeating the name in my head as I thought back to the previous day in which I had met the short, blonde girl that had been labeled as my new husband.

I didn’t really know what to think of her. She was strange to say the least, and there was something oddly charming and handsome about her that I couldn’t quite put my finger on. I mean…could a girl really be ‘handsome’? I wasn’t sure, but somehow this Taeyeon girl had managed to pull it off.

She was quite unlike anyone I had ever come across. The way she had spoken to me as if I was just some random commoner, a normal person was…refreshing, and as she spoke, I couldn’t help but analyze her and her mannerisms closely. I had even taken the small dimple on her chin into account and came to the conclusion that she was one of these people that was just undeniably cute. 

Did I find her attractive?

I couldn’t exactly confirm it. I had only ever spoken to her once. So, I couldn’t really know the real her yet…

She was, in all honesty, a mere stranger. Despite her age and name, I had no more information about her.

She could be a freak, a psychotic maniac that secretly wanted to murder me. Or, she could be a greedy gold-digger that only wants my hand in marriage so she can mooch off of my family’s wealth. I mean, why else would she agree to marry me? I was just as much of a stranger to her as she was to me. There had to be a reason, no one just agrees to marry someone that they’ve never met. Why did my parents even choose her in the first place?

And what was that whole ‘Can we maybe be friends?’ thing about?

I couldn’t trust her, I really couldn’t. I would steer clear of her. I am not going to marry this Kim Taeyeon, no matter what my parents say or do. It was never going to happen.

I was more than just furious with my parents. How could they do this to me? They didn’t even tell me what was going on beforehand. What did they expect? That I would jump for joy and throw flower petals everywhere as I rode my magic unicorn over the rainbow to land on a pot of gold?

No. They were inconsiderate. They were forcing me into a marriage without even consulting me about it before they picked my suitor.

There were two things that I was going to do. (1) Stay away from Kim Taeyeon, being as cold toward her as possible. (2) Break this marriage apart.

There was no way in hell that I was going to marry Kim Taeyeon.

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

When I opened my eyes to the sound of my phone blaring and rattling on the nightstand, I noted how much light was streaming in through the windows and how sunny it was outside.

I groaned in protest. I hadn’t slept last night, with all of this pressure and stress bearing down on my chest, leaving me to feel claustrophobic and breathless.

I d around blindly for my phone, hitting the answer button as I pressed it against my ear and mumbling out a rather slurred, “Hello?” into the device.

“Taeyeon-ah!”

I perked up, my eyes flickering and the weight sitting on my chest suddenly seeming more bearable. I smiled.

“Hayeon-ah,” I said, making the happiness in my tone rather prominent. “How are you and Mother?”

“We’re fine.” She said. “We’re both missing you like crazy though. The mansion is so boring with out you!” She whined.

“I’m missing you guys too.” I replied, softly, the guilt rising up within my throat.

“What’s the palace like? Is the princess nice? Is she pretty? When’s the wedding?” She threw questions at me, and all I could do was try my best to dodge them.

“Everything’s fine, Hayeon-ah.” I chuckled, hiding my uncertainty. “Don’t worry, I’ll fill you in on the details later.”

“Okay.” She said. There was a pause and I could tell she wanted to ask something.

“Hayeonie, are you okay?” I asked, gently.

“Yeah…” She answered quietly, with a hint of hesitation. “When will we see you again?”

The guilt that had been traveling up my throat had all meshed together into a rather large lump that made me feel sick, and I swallowed down, hard, trying to wash it away. I was never good at my lying, especially to Hayeon or my mother.

But I had to protect them. This was all for them.

“I’ll see you soon, I promise.” I said, pulling a blanket over how I was truly feeling on the inside. I really didn’t know when I was going to see them again, or if I was ever going to see them again. But, I couldn’t let them know that. I’d be hurting them too much. As long as they were safe, nothing else mattered.

“Really?” She had lightened up considerably.

“Yes, really.” I assured.

“I can’t wait!” She squealed. “Will you show me around the palace? Will I get to meet the princess?” She asked, excitedly.

I let out a light laugh. “Of course.”

“I’m so excited!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter