I Don't Dance

Home [One-Shot]

 

Han Hyelin had a pretty boring day. School was all right even though the teachers had a hobby of boring her to death with their dull lectures, and her sister had locked herself in her own room, rather than flock around Hyelin after school so nobody had bothered Hyelin or made her rampage throughout the house. Overall, the day felt…strange. Like there was something missing that she couldn’t quite put her finger on. Hyelin only shook her head. She shouldn’t worry about these kinds of things. Besides, she had other things to worry about. Like bringing food to Prom since she was the one in charge of the catering.

 

But of course, something had to go wrong.

 

“What do you mean you can’t deliver them on time?” Hyelin practically screeched into her Android phone that afternoon. While on her run to pick up her dress, she thought she could do a normal check-up on the catering, but of course it wasn’t what she expected. It had to be a crisis.

 

“There was a bit of trouble and the foods got mixed up with another delivery. We’re still trying to switch them back. In the mean time we hope you can keep calm and-“

 

“I cannot keep calm while people starve to death! I am trying to feed a hoard of teenagers here! With their uncontrollable hormones, who knows how much they eat? They could eat the chairs out of starvation! Just hurry up I need those orders tonight!” And with that, Hyelin thought she could crush the cellphone with her bare hands at how much she was squeezing it.

 

“That was pretty mean, y’know,” a voice said, and Hyelin nearly jumped out from under her skin.

 

Hyelin hadn’t heard that voice since… well, since a very long time apparently. But Hyelin remembers what that voice could bring: happiness, joy, bliss, annoyance, pain, and hurt. Hyelin remembers the strain in her chest of being so overwhelmed by all the feelings that filled her- of all the love- and he had told her he felt the same way. Of all the unicorns and dragons that she could believe in, she believed in him the most. It was what made her feels so stupid to this day.

 

With his words echoing in her skull and in her ears, it froze her in he most unbearably painful way. Tiny sparks of electricity jumped from the tips of her hair to the tips of her toes, and no, it wasn’t because she was excited. In truth, she was absolutely terrified. Hyelin was terrified to turn around to face him, the man who had left and never returned- until now. She had been seventeen at the time, and he had been eighteen when he left everything behind, including her. It might seem too young of an age to fall in love. But Hyelin knew very well that it wasn’t just a relationship status change on Facebook. It was real friendship and love from the deepest center of her heart, made from the purest intentions, and from all of the childish, blindest kind. He infatuated her.

 

But there were no phone calls, no e-mail, no postcards or letters. Just complete silence from her other half that traveled far to China for the last two years. What had she done to deserve the cold shoulder?

 

Hyelin poked around, trying to find him, for a year before finally moving on. She realized that he would never return and it was for the best, for her and the people around her, that she should stop obsessing about that dark past. Actually, it was what got her to join the event organizing business in the first place. She needed the distraction.

 

But the walls of her invisible barrier came crashing down just at the memory of him. If she couldn’t even handle the thought of him, don’t even get started if he was to be physically with her.

 

And yet, there he was, only a few steps behind her.

 

Hyelin did what anyone would do.

 

She ran for it.

***

 

to be continued? I really don't know what to do with this one... I wanted to make another drabble, but i can't seem to finish this one. This is for my lady friend, Han Hyelin (her pseudonym) maybe after I finish writing. I know this is just nonsense of me rambling on and on, but I really wanted to share what I've written so far. Tell me what you think of it! Then maybe I'll find the power to finish this thing *^*

Thank you for reading~