Chapter 2

Before You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Was never the right time

Whenever you called

Went little by little by little until there was nothing at all

 

 

“Solar!” Moonbyul called out, amusement in her voice betraying her stern expression. “Give it back already.”

 

Solar giggled as she darted to the opposite side of the table. “Come and get it.” The two dashed around the table, Moonbyul chasing after Solar.

 

“We’re too old for this! You’re too old for this! Just give me back my phone!” Moonbyul groaned, reaching for Solar's hoodie and pulling a bit too hard.

 

Losing her balance, Solar tumbled over, landing on top of Moonbyul with an "oof." Moon groaned, rubbing her head, then slowly opened her eyes to find two dark ones peering down at her. “S-Solar, I…” She gulped.

 

Solar simply laughed, smacking her friend playfully as she stood up. “,” she teased, extending a hand to help Moonbyul up.

 

Moon took it, blushing as she rose to her feet. “I’m not the here. You took my phone.”

 

“You weren’t listening to me!”

 

“I w-was!”

 

“Yeah, then what was I saying?”

 

“That…you…fine, I wasn’t listening.”

 

Solar scoffed. “Knew it. You were texting that boy, weren’t you?”

 

Moonbyul burst into laughter as she retrieved her phone from Solar. “No, I wasn’t. Besides, why do you care? You’re the one who’s been telling me to find someone.”

 

“Yeah, well, maybe I—nevermind. I was saying earlier that Eric and I are going to get dinner at that restaurant you like… if you wanted to come with?” Solar bit her lip, afraid of the answer, and busied herself with brushing imaginary lint off her dress.

 

Moonbyul sighed. “Eric is a jerk. Why would I want to have dinner with him?”

 

“Fine, don’t come,” Solar snapped, turning to walk away, but a hand on her wrist halted her.

 

“I’ll go…” Moonbyul said, offering a weak smile. “But I still don’t like him.”

 

“You never like anyone I date.”

 

Moonbyul’s cheeks flushed as she released Solar’s wrist. “That’s—do you want me to come or not?”

 

“I want you to come, yes,” Solar replied, looking up and locking eyes with Moonbyul. They held e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter