Traces of Love and Loss

Echoes of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2013

After the filming wrapped up, the celebrities headed to the backstage waiting rooms to change before leaving the SBS studios. Amidst laughter and conversation with the Super Junior and EXO members, Jaejoong remained silent, walking ahead of them.


Heechul noticed Jaejoong's distant demeanor and quickened his pace to catch up with him. "Hey, Jaejoong, what's on your mind?" Heechul asked, concern evident in his voice.

 

Jaejoong forced a smile. "Nothing, I'm fine," he replied, but Heechul knew he was bothered because he had to talk about his past relationship.

"You don't seem fine. You could have declined answering questions about your relationship."

“It’s fine,” Jaejoong hesitated, then admitted softly, "It's just... memories.”

Heechul patted Jaejoong’s shoulder sympathetically. "Of course. It takes time to heal from something like that.”

 

As they reached the waiting room, Chanyeol glanced at Jaejoong, his expression serious. "Jaejoong hyung, do you think your confession will create a problem? I mean with Mr. Lee Soo Man.”

 

Jaejoong sighed, sinking into a nearby chair. "I don't think so. For SM, as long as you're not currently dating, it's usually fine to talk about past relationships.”

 

"He'll be happy that you'll be trending, especially a couple of weeks before your comeback," Heechul added, trying to lighten the mood.

 

"Yeah, you're right," Jaejoong agreed with a faint smile.

Eunhyuk joined the conversation and asked Jaejoong, "Hyung, do you think she'll be upset when she finds out you talked about her?”

 

Jaejoong paused, contemplating Eunhyuk's question for a moment. "I'm not sure," he admitted honestly.

 

Yunho chimed in, offering his perspective. "I'm sure she'll understand that it was just part of the show. After all, it's not like you said anything bad about her.”

 

Jaejoong nodded, hoping they could close the topic, but it seemed the questions weren't over yet.

Leeteuk, curious as ever, decided to ask a burning question. “Do you think Yoon Ji has moved on? Does anyone still keep in contact with her?”

 

Jaejoong shifted uncomfortably in his seat, feeling the weight of the conversation pressing down on him, but he remained silent.

Junsu cleared his throat, breaking the tense silence. "I think it's been a while since any of us have been in touch with her,"

 

Jaejoong stood up abruptly, feeling overwhelmed by the conversation. He left the room without a word and headed straight for TVXQ’s van, needing some time alone.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter