Thirty-Eight

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON's POV


          After what happened to Jessica, we all started preparing to leave. I was quiet the whole time, I can't even talk properly to Tiffany. Earlier, I was the one trying to appease her but now she's the one trying to make me feel better. The tables have turned after the incident. 


While we pack up stuff, I can see Jessica at the side of my eye looking at me every time I pass by Yuri's car. I know I should at least ask how she is but I can't find the courage to. I was feeling so guilty for not being able to save her on time that I find it so hard to face her. 


I picked up the last two bags from the room and was about to pass by again but this time, she got in my way. I wasn't looking ahead while walking but when I saw a pair of feet in front of me, I knew exactly who it was.


I looked up to see Jessica staring at me. There was silence for a while until she broke it. "Won't you even say hi to me?" the look on her face says it all. I know she's been waiting for me to approach her. 


I gulped upon hearing her question and my heart started to pound, not knowing what to say. "Why were you crying over me and then act like that the next?" she asked again but I still couldn't open my mouth to respond. I was just focused on her dreadful eyes. 


Jessica blinked her eyes a few times, obviously dying to hear something from me. "You're really weird these days, Kim Taeyeon, do you know that? I don't know what's with you." 


She knows something's up with me. Of course, after what happened last night, why would I expect her that she'll eventually forget about it? From asking her about liking Yuri to knowing I gave her a blanket, of course, she'll sense something weird. She's smart after all. 


I know deep inside she's starting to get annoyed when she opened yet again to talk, raising her voice a bit this time. "You act like you care and then the next you're-" as the feeling gets heavier, I finally made my way to stop her from talking when I pulled her in for a hug.


She could be surprised by my sudden action but that's not really something I should be worried about. "I'm sorry." are the very first words I told her. "I'm sorry for not getting there on time. You wouldn't have to go through that if..." my voice cracked a bit and tears start to well up in my eyes again. I couldn't even finish what I'm about to say upon recalling how much I've seen her struggle. 


"What...what are you talking about? None of it was your fault." she said, her voice has now softened. 


Tears started flowing down my cheeks as I rest my chin on her shoulder. I don't give a damn if Tiffany or anybody else sees us. I just want to feel her in my arms right now. "I'm more than glad you're here again. You don't know how much it scared me." 


Silence occurred again, I bet she can't believe I'm crying on her right now. A second later, I can hear her crying as well. "Don't you ever blame yourself. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here right now." 


Sica pulled away and looked at me. "You are the reason why I'm here." I've seen how her lips form a smile. I could only look at her, still feeling bad. Without receiving any response, she hugged me again. "Thank you so much, Taengoo." I smiled at the mention of my name.

 

It's been a while since you last called me that. How I missed hearing it. 

 

When Sica pulled away, her expression suddenly changed and kept looking behind me. I turned around to see where she's looking at and found Tiffany standing not too far from us with an unreadable expression. I could only wipe my tears as she gets closer and closer towards us. 


Really, I was starting to get anxious thinking she'll get mad again but surprisingly, she didn't care about what she has seen. "Are you feeling better?" she asked Jessica. 


"Yeah." Jessica nodded her after wiping her tears. "I was just thanking her 'cause she was the first one to respond." 


I guess, she's trying to explain what was happening to avoid any misunderstanding but Fany didn't say anything and gave her a hug instead. "I'm sorry for acting up last night, Jessi. I'm glad you're okay now." 


"Don't worry about it." she taps her back repeatedly to assure her it's fine. "Let's just forget the bad things that had happened." Jessica said. I'm glad Tiffany set aside her negative emotions and made up with her. 


"I'll leave you two alone." I told them and picked the bags back up to put it in Krystal's car trunk. 

 

AUTHOR's POV 


          The following days have been normal for everyone. In fact, the situation in the apartment became better because Tiffany finally learned to work on her emotions and try not to be paranoid all the time, thinking it could be easy for Taeyeon. Seeing how persistent Yuri is towards Jessica really helped her a lot. 


However, it's completely different for Taeyeon. Every single day she tries so hard to keep her focus only on Tiffany but somehow, she still couldn't stop thinking about Jessica. Seeing her all the time isn't helping Taeyeon at all. This lead her to second-guess herself whether if she really loves the redhead or not. 

 

I wouldn't be thinking about any other girl in the first place if I really love her. Taeyeon thought.

 

"Yah, are you deaf now?" Yuri nudged her using her elbow, bringing her back to her senses. 


"What is it?" Taeyeon asked. 


"I'm asking you about Tiffany's birthday." Yuri says while continuing to chop onions off. "Do you have plans already? It'll be in less than a week." 


"Right." I said and blinked my eyes a few times. "Well, I'm planning to invite her family over. I already asked for Jessica's permission." we only talk in a low voice, careful not to be overheard by Tiffany.


"Wouldn't it be better if you two go out together, though?" 


"Yeah but we should surprise her first, you know how she is. I also know how much she misses her family." I start to shake my leg while sitting. "I'll take her on a date the next day." 


"I see, I see. I like your thinking." Yuri smiled after knowing about Taeyeon's plans. 


"Clear your schedule for that day. You need to help me cook." she told Yuri. "We're going to need to do a lot of things." 


"Alright, boss. We also need to go grocery shopping the day before." 


"Yeah." 


For the remaining days, Yuri, Jessica and Taeyeon already decided what to have on Tiffany's birthday. Sometimes, Taeyeon would ask the redhead indirectly about the dishes she'd like to eat. She also listed the possible things Tiffany would like to receive as a gift. Good thing, she has enough savings for the latter's birthday that she could properly prepare for it. 


As she wait in the parking lot for Yuri's arrival, Taeyeon received a text from Jessica saying, "Yuri says she can't make it today. I'll come and shop with you instead. I'm on my way."


Upon reading the message, Taeyeon's heart started pounding. She'll be able to spend time with Jessica again today. 


Taeyeon waited and waited near the entrance and after about 15 minutes, she can already spot a beautiful figure walking towards her. Jessica was wearing a long sleeved v neck white blouse paired with black shorts. It's quite a simple outfit, honestly, but the way she carries herself is what makes it mesmerizing. Taeyeon already knew about this. Jessica have always been this pretty. 


"Hi, let's go?"


Taeyeon blinked her eyes a few times before responding. "Yeah." she scratched her nape and followed Jessica behind. 


Taeyeon went to get a shopping cart while Jessica checks on her list. "These are a lot of things." 


"Where are we going to drop all these?" Jessica asked once Taeyeon returned, showing her the list.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter