Chapter 12: Reciprocate

The Courier
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the call ended, Yunho looked at everyone, pleading to help him silently. Wooyoung and Seonghwa now approached the three at the living room. Mingi raised Yunho, and accompanied him towards the sofa, while Hongjoong, as always, got all the firearms and put them in a cabinet. Mingi couldn’t help but notice the terrified look on Yunho’s face. The sweaty palm that he has been holding, kept on trembling with each second. He then looked at Yunho’s face directly, their eyes met. Like antidote, Yunho calmed down at the sight of Mingi’s face.

“How’s your brother?”

“He’s, um… He’s still there, as you had heard,” Yunho sobbed, wiping his tears, not looking away from Mingi, “I just hope Vernon would be telling the truth. We don’t have anyone else to run to.”

“Oi,”Mingi instantly grabbed Yunho’s jaw, steadying his look at him, “Yunho, you trust Vernon more than me? Are you ing serious?”

In that moment, all their memories flashbacked to Yunho. The laughter, tears, holding each other’s hand going home…

“Um…” Hongjoong wanted to ask Yunho if he has eaten, but he was too stunned to speak. He went towards the kitchen, grabbing Seonghwa by the arms.

“You love me, right?”

Seonghwa’s eyes widened and he let out a snort, “What’s with you, Hongjoong?”

“Mingi and Yunho are making out, like literally kissing with tongue at the sofa.”

“Hmmm, let them be,”Seonghwa shrugged, “Unless you want that now, too?”

Hongjoong crinkled his nose due to Seonghwa’s cringe statement, “I like doing that privately…”

As Yunho and Mingi are still in the sofa, Wooyoung threw a pillow at them.

“Use the room upstairs, please. I’ll be preparing myself as a dead person here.”

 

-0-

 

“I asked you, once again, who owns the drugs that were discovered at Itaewon?”

San was still in handcuffs. The new lieutenant was too persistent in interrogating him that they had been at this question for six hours, nonstop.

However, San doesn’t answer but just smirked.

The door then finally opened, and a police officer scurried towards Jungkook and whispered something.

“Tch, fine,” Jungkook looked at San with such disgust, “Choi San, you will be in solitary confinement for 8 days.”

The police officer was about to go outside when he took a peek on how San was doing.

That’s weird, he thought, I’ve never seen someone ecstatic with solitary confinement…

On the other room, Vernon was still waiting for a reply from Yunho. His eyes squinted as he looked from Yunho’s last message to the wall clock of the room. Ten minutes has passed. He then sighed and thought to himself that there must be a signal problem.

20 minutes…

30 minutes…

Vernon had already seen San going with four other police officers, and still no reply from Yunh

Please log in to read the full chapter