Fin.

Hopes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aiah. Her name suited her perfectly—cool, enigmatic, and mesmerizing. She was the center of my college life, and my heart would forever be entwined with hers. Ours was a connection beyond friendship, yet it lacked the romantic label. It was a unique bond filled with unspoken promises and stolen moments.

 

From the moment I met Aiah at college orientation, I felt drawn to her like gravity. Her presence exuded an alluring aura that captivated everyone around her, including me. We quickly became inseparable, like two halves of a whole that had found their missing piece.

 

We embarked on countless adventures together, sharing deep conversations late into the night, and embracing the comfort of each other's company. We experienced life's joys and challenges side by side, creating memories that felt like they belonged to a fairy tale.

 

Aiah was the first to know my dreams, fears, and desires, and I cherished her complete understanding. She reciprocated by sharing her innermost thoughts, allowing me into the sacred sanctuary of her heart. We were emotionally intimate in ways that transcended mere friendship, but she hesitated to label it as love.

 

As the seasons changed, so did the nature of our relationship. We crossed boundaries that friends usually didn't, blurring the lines between platonic and romantic. We held hands, cuddled under blankets on cold winter nights, and shared intimate secrets that were meant for lovers.

 

My heart would soar when Aiah leaned in close, her breath grazing my skin, and my heart would race when she traced her fingers along my hand. But despite the electrifying tension between us, she remained hesitant to admit the love that seemed so evident in her eyes.

 

Deep down, I knew Aiah was struggling with her feelings. She was fighting a battle within herself, torn between the love she felt for me and the fear of embracing her truth. The pain was evident in her eyes every time my sister, Maloi, came up in our conversations.

 

Aiah was in love with Maloi, and my heart sank as I realized that I could never truly have her heart. I was a mere chapter in her life, an exploration of emotions that she couldn't yet decipher. The realization cut me like a knife, leaving me numb and broken.

 

Yet, I couldn't bear to walk away. I clung to the moments we shared, hoping that maybe, just maybe, she would see me as more than a friend. But the more I held on, the more I could feel her slipping away, like a fragile snowflake melting in my hands.

 

One day, in the midst of a freezing night, I found the courage to confront Aiah about my feelings. The words trembled on my lips as I poured out my heart, hoping she'd see the love I had for her and return it.

 

Tears glistened in her eyes as she listened to my confession, and her touch on my cheek was tender, almost as if she were trying to heal the pain she had caused. She spoke softly, saying she cherished our bond but wasn't ready to commit to a romantic relationship.

 

In that moment, the truth stung, but it also set me free. I realized that I deserved a love that was wholeheartedly reciprocated, and Winter wasn't cap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter