2.

we could happen

Wonyoung is a very busy person. She desires to impress everyone around her, but more importantly, she wants to be satisfied with herself. That's why she accepts the fact that she is greedy. But only when it comes to personal growth. 

 

That's why when she received a text from Yujin two days ago, she forgot to reply. Yujin's text came in the middle of a court hearing, probably or maybe a client counseling; Wonyoung's not very sure anymore. But right now, while she's looking at the cold soup she ordered but forgot while working, she is again reminded that a broken microwave is still sitting in her kitchen.

 

From: 09XXXXXXXXX

10:15 AM hi mam

10:15 AM meron pong part dito sa shop

10:15 AM 3250 po

10:15 AM reply na lang ho kayo if ipapaayos niyo pa microwave niyo

 

Wonyoung thinks the part is a bit expensive, seeing that she could get a cheap microwave if she'd just throw in a little bit more. But also, this was her first appliance purchase, and not to mention, her microwave is pretty expensive. So she closed her eyes and decided that fixing it should be worth it. 

 

To: 09XXXXXXXXX

9:32 PM Hi. I know my reply is two days late. I'm so sorry but I got busy. I would still like to get my microwave fixed. Please tell me when you're free. 

 

Wonyoung sighed when she put her phone down. She decided just to place an order for food delivery to save her dinner. 

 

From:

9:35 PM hi mam ganda free po ako ngayon kung okay lang sa inyo

9:35 PM if hindi naman po, baka sa sunday na ako ulit free

9:35 PM mahintay niyo kaya?     

 

Wonyoung raised a brow at the nickname. She can't wait until Sunday, so, despite it being a bit late, Wonyoung didn't see any harm in letting the girl fix her microwave at that hour. She sent a reply and continued working. Suddenly, she heard her phone ring. For some reason, she answered the phone with a smile.

 

"Yujin?" she answered. 

 

"Hello, ma'am. Grab Panda po ito. Ibang rider po siguro 'yung Yujin."

 

Wonyoung's cheeks turned tomato red in embarrassment. She had forgotten entirely about her food order. 

 

"Okay po, sir. Pababa na po ako. "

 

Wonyoung hurriedly went out, and thankfully, the elevator was available. She looks simple and decent enough to be seen by the public in her jogging pants and cropped tee. Her hair is loosely tied in a ponytail, and of course, she's wearing her trusty eyeglasses.

 

She came down and got her food and assured the food rider that she had tipped him in the app. While preparing to walk towards the elevator again, she saw Yujin.

 

Now, Yujin looks different from last time. Not a lot different. But different. She wasn't wearing a polo uniform but a plain tee shirt topped with a leather jacket. She paired it with ripped black jeans and black boots. But, yes, the toolbox ruined the look. Still, Wonyoung thinks Yujin looks rather... handsome.

 

"Ma'am, naku naman. Winelcome pa po ninyo talaga ako," Yujin greeted as she hurried her way to reach Wonyoung.

 

Wonyoung rolled her eyes, reminded why she found this girl annoying the first time they met.

 

"I came down to pick my food," Wonyoung reasoned.

 

The elevator door opened, and both of them entered. Wonyoung pushed the button to her floor. 

 

"Mukhang may pupuntahan ka?" Wonyoung said, after it was silent for 30 seconds.

 

"Meron nga," Yujin confirmed.

 

"Ah. Night out?" Wonyoung pried acting non-chalant. 

 

"Sa unit mo, ma'am," Yujin clarified, chuckling. 

 

"Nagbihis ka para lang-ayos lang ng microwave?" 

 

"May mali ba dun, ma'am?" Takang tanong ni Yujin. "Malay niyo kasi, ma'am, may cute dito sa building niyo. Buti na 'yung maganda first impression sa akin."

 

Wonyoung scoffed and just gave the girl a short but glaring side-eye. 

 

"Dito nga sa elevator may cute na eh," Yujin added with a grin. 

 

Wonyoung tried her best not to smile. She swears it was because she remembered something funny and not because Yujin implied that she was cute. "You're so annoying."

 

"Totoo naman, ma'am. Tignan niyo."

 

When Wonyoung turned her head to where Yujin was pointing, Wonyoung wanted just to disappear. Yujin was checking herself out in the elevator mirror.

 

"Shut up."

 

Yujin chuckled again. "Mas cute ka sa akin. 'Wag ka na ma-offend, ma'am."

 

And before Wonyoung had to suffer more, the elevator door opened. Wonyoung walked faster to her unit and entered her passcode.

 

"Grabe naman. Nagmamadali si ma'am masyado."

 

Yujin had to extend her hand to keep the door open. But Wonyoung just gave her a fake eye smile before walking towards her living room to charge her phone. 

 

When Wonyoung looked back at Yujin, the girl looked somewhat nervous.

 

"Ma'am, may sasabihin po sana ako."

 

Nervous, Wonyoung couldn't make a verbal answer and just nodded to cue Yujin.

 

"Ma'am, pwede po maki-CR?"

 

Wonyoung didn't expect that. Taken aback, all she could do was nod and point to the room in question. Is her comfort room decent?

 

Yujin said a small thank you and was seemingly in a hurry to enter.

 

As Wonyoung sat on her sofa, she started questioning her actions. Was that okay? Letting a relatively complete stranger in? What if Yujin is a ert and puts hidden cameras in? What if Yujin is assembling her weapon of choice? Wonyoung started asking herself why is she even doing what she was doing. When she always screams at TV characters for making stupid decisions, and yet here she ing goes?

 

Wonyoung was uneasy the entire time. The fact that Yujin was taking some time inside is not helping her either. What's taking the girl so long?

 

Not long after, Yujin emerged outside.

 

"Ma'am, on ko lang 'yung exhaust ha? Number 2 eh. 'Wag muna kayong pumasok for about 15 minutes siguro. Pasensya na, ma'am. Lumalaban eh," Yujin said a bit cheekily.

 

Wonyoung doesn't know why Yujin is so honest. Does she not feel a bit embarrassed? Not that pooping is embarrassing since it's human to do so. But still!

 

And just why is Wonyoung grinning? What Yujin said is so stupid. 

 

However, Yujin's implied attempt at humor and not making it a big deal calmed Wonyoung. She hates that Yujin's stupid puppy face is compelling her to trust this woman she had just met once and knows nothing about aside from the fact that she fixeds things. 

 

"Okay na 'to, ma'am. Ako na po bahala?" Yujin said, referring to the microwave.

 

"Sure, sure."

 

"Don't worry, ma'am. Wala naman na masyadong gagawin eh. Palitan ko lang ho and alis na rin ako. Baka kasi nakakaabala na rin sa inyo. Gabi na rin eh." Yujin was already taking out her tools while explaining, ready to work.

 

"How long have you been doing this?" Wonyoung asked, curious. Also, wanting to know more about this girl she had just allowed inside her space for the second time.

 

"Matagal na rin? Mahilig kasi ako mag-tinker ng mga bagay-bagay," paliwanag ni Yujin. "Unscrewing things tapos figuring how they work, it's fun."

 

"So this is all you do? Repairma-? Girl?" Wonyoung clarified. 

 

Yujin giggled. "Not all I do but ngayon, yes. This is what is keeping me occupied. Kayo ba, ma'am? Mukhang lagi kayong busy eh. Dami pang papel jan sa table niyo." 

 

Wonyoung bit her lip. "Yeah. Well. Uhmmm... new professional. Office things."

 

"Ganun po ba?" Yujin respectfully said. "For sure, magaling ka sa trabaho. ma'am."

 

Wonyoung realized that she was conversing with this Yujin girl, but somehow, it didn't feel uneasy at all.

 

Wonyoung forgot about her dinner. She quietly returned to the kitchen, where Yujin was working to get another set of utensils for the visitor. She thought it might sound rude not to offer food to Yujin, so she did.

 

"Dinner," was Wonyoung's cold offer, suddenly backpedaling on her friendly tone.

 

Yujin was focused, however, screwing something in. The moment she had tightened it, she turned to Wonyoung again.

 

"May sinabi po kayo, ma'am?" 

 

Wonyoung was quiet for a moment.

 

"Ma'am?"

 

"Yes. Uhmmm... tara, dinner?"

 

"Mauna na kayo, ma'am. Check ko lang kung gumagana na itong microwave ninyo."

 

Before Yujin could ask, Wonyoung already handed her a cup. Yujin took it while Wonyoung prepared to unwrap her dinner at the dining table.

 

"Yes!" Yujin shouted after dipping her finger in the water in the heated cup. "Ma'am, okay na po!"

 

Wonyoung just smiled. "Tara, kain na."

 

Yujin just shook her head as she screwed the microwave cover back in. 

 

"Okay na, ma'am. Dapat po sa labas muna tayo kumain bago rito," Yujin jokingly said. Wonyoung just rolled her eyes playfully in response.

 

"Paano ba yan, ma'am? Alis na ho ako, ha?" Yujin announced after she locked her little toolbox. 

 

"Wait, 'yung bayad!"

 

Wonyoung rushed back to the living room to retrieve her purse from her bag. She picked four one thousand peso bills and handed them to Yujin.

 

"Hala, ma'am. Wala ako panukli. May Gcash kayo?"

 

"No, it's okay. Consider it a tip. It's already late at night, after all."

 

"Ganun ba, ma'am. Salamat." Yujin quietly put the money on her back pocket. "Enjoy your dinner, Ma'am Wonyoung. Tawag na lang po kayo kung magkaproblema pa.

 

Wonyoung nodded. "You sure ayaw mo kumain?" she asked one last time.

 

"Nung una, breakfast date. Ngayon naman dinner date. Kayo ma'am ha." Yujin giggled at her implications. 

 

"You're insufferable. I was just being polite."

 

Yujin just grinned. 

 

"Mauna na ako. I don't think this will be the last time we see each other. Bye, ma'am."

 

Wonyoung was confused, but Yujin was already out the door.

 

Did Yujin just imply she'd get in trouble again? Huh. But Wonyoung will definitely have to check her comfort room to be sure!