Chapter 27. A new start

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You would think that I would have regained my memories or at least around 80% of them since it has been about half a year since I got out of the hospital and been able to heal on my own terms but unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me. No matter how much we tried and no matter what methods we tried, it was to no avail. It seemed like my memories weren't coming back at this point. But at least on the positive side, I was able to walk around and do everything on my own. I had completely healed from the accident except for the memories. The long hiatus made me unable to join them at the comeback. The only thing I could do was to look and cheer for them from the side.

Jahoon: I kind of wish that I was on the stage with them. Even though I can’t remember the past, it seems like my feelings are still there. I can feel the excitement and wanting to be on stage, singing and dancing in front of everyone while they cheer for you. I want to experience that again.

Manager: Don’t worry. I’m sure that you will be able to join them soon. You have just fully recovered so take it easy for the time being and I’m sure that the CEO won’t be saying no to you anymore.

Our manager smiled comfortingly at me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder in a comforting manner. I sighed while looking at the girls having fun on stage. She was right. I have just recovered and I could do everything as normal but that doesn’t mean that there was still a small danger for me to turn for the worse. Also, I had to relearn everything once again and that is going to take a while. It wouldn’t be easy but it is what is needed if I want to stay in this industry and if I want to continue to stay with the girls.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: I can’t believe that is me. I was such a great performer in the past… seems like I have a big reputation that I need to live up to.

I sighed as I watched my past performances. Looking at all of my performances, I could feel some familiarity with them but I couldn’t remember anything exact about them. Even the songs feel like something from a long time ago but I have to work hard now if I want to be a part of our first concert. Yesterday we were invited to our CEO’s office where he broke the news about the concert. The official dates were unknown at this moment but I would be soon. The girls were so excited about it since they had all worked so hard for it and also the first concert of any group is always meaningful. That is why I managed to sneak out of the dorm and to the practice room. I have to practice hard and remember all of our past songs and choreography before I can even allow myself to be a part of this.

Jahoon: There is too much to remember… I better start from the start then.

I placed my phone aside and began going through the choreography step by step. After a few hours, I managed to remember almost 80% of our discography. Although my memories were gone, it still seemed like my muscle memory was still intact, or else I wouldn't have been able to remember all of that within three hours. The only thing that I have to do now is for me to remember the rest 20% of the choreography of the discography as well as the lyrics and my parts in the songs.

Jahoon: I have only been here for three hours… I did tell the girls that I would be out watching a movie and that it’s going to take a few hours before I get back. Maybe I can just sneak a little bit more practice in?

Gaeul: Or maybe you could call it a day and get back home to rest?

I froze in my spot and glanced in the mirror to see Gaeul unnie leaning against the door with a cheeky smile on her face. I held my breath and kind of just stood still like a child who thought that they wouldn’t be seen if they didn't move.

Gaeul: I can still see you. Not moving at all won’t work. Gaeul unnie walked over to me as I pouted at her. She grabbed a towel and helped me wipe off the sweat that had built up on my face. But I was confused: how did she know that I was here?

Jahoon: How did you know that I was here unnie? I thought I told you guys that I was going to the movies.

Gaeul: To be honest, we thought that you were going to the movies and we even looked it up to confirm that there was a timeslot for what you told us but after a few thoughts it didn’t take a genius to realize that it was just a cover-up for you to come here and practice and remember our discography before our up-coming concert. And on top of that, we know how much you want to join us again after the incident.

Gaeul unnie placed her hands on my shoulder and gave them a squeeze with a comforting smile on her face. I sighed and dropped my head.

Jahoon: I feel like I’m just a burden to you guys. I may have lost the precious memories that I had with you guys but I still, I think, have my feelings. Even after all of this, I’m still a me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter