2/3

boss of me

 

Morning came and much to Yujin’s surprise, Minjoo was already up before six in the morning, the balcony’s door was open so she figured that the CEO was there. Bingo.

 

Minjoo was standing there, a mug with steaming hot coffee in her hand. She almost threw the mug away when Yujin spoke, greeting her, “Good morning, Lady Kim.” She said, and walked closer to the flustered lady. “You’re up early.”

 

Shrugging, Minjoo took a sip from her mug. “I have this habit of waking up early and catching the sunrise.” She already looked like she showered because her hair was damp and she was wearing a different top.

 

They both watched the sunrise and afterwards, ate proper breakfast.

 

“Go, take a shower and feel free to take my oversized clothing.” Minjoo ordered her after they finished eating.

 

As usual, Minjoo won despite Yujin’s insistence of showering and dressing up back home instead. Yujin emerged from upstairs, freshly showered and wearing something Minjoo owned. It made her shy since they were so expensive and smelled like… Minjoo.

 

The CEO was waiting there downstairs, and her gaze lingered for a little while. Yujin picked Minjoo’s slightly bigger white button up shirt and beige pants, it was just simple. Yujin did not dare to touch the others, especially the ones with Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Dior tags and marks.

 

“Huh, you look good with my clothes on. Good thing I have bigger ones that fit you.” Minjoo commented once Yujin approached her, standing in front of her, towering over the CEO because the latter was just wearing sneakers.

 

Yujin went red, choosing not to comment anything about that. “I’ll be going home now, Lady Kim. Thank you for your kindness. I won’t bother you anymore.” She said, and pointed at the door. “I’ll see myself out and catch the bus.”

 

Minjoo crossed her arms, “I have nothing to do.” She replied instead.

 

The finger that was pointing on the door slowly lowered down back to Yujin’s side, blinking. “Oh, you can kill time by shopping? Or watching movies…?”

 

Here they go again. Minjoo was really having trouble being direct to the point. Yujin had to guess every single time.

 

“Too boring,” Minjoo said, and she grabbed the car keys from the coffee table, caressing it. “I want to get some fresh air and drive around.” She added, not sparing Yujin a glance, finding the vase much more interesting.

 

That was when Yujin finally realized what Minjoo was trying to imply. She fought back a smile. “Is it possible to drive me home then, if it’s not a bother?” asked the woman in a careful tone but she assumed that it was what Minjoo wanted anyway, just too shy to be straightforward.

 

Minjoo perked up and flipped her hair at her as she walked past her, “Since you asked nicely, okay. You’re lucky you have a nice boss.” She said, and instructed Yujin to follow her. “Come.” And Yujin waddled behind her with a big smile on her lips.

 

///

 

Ever since that day, they became closer. Yujin could confidently say that because firstly: Minjoo always called her to the office that even some employees were starting to get suspicious and worried because the CEO had a new target to bully and overwork (Yujin clarified to her concerned colleagues that Minjoo wasn’t doing anything bad to her).

 

And to be honest, it wasn’t always about work when Yujin was getting ordered to go to the CEO’s office. It was mostly about random things. One time, Minjoo called Eunbi just to tell Yujin to go to the office while they were working on a project — and just to say:

 

“I love apples.” Minjoo said, looking serious and intimidating with her killer outfit and dark make-up. Yujin couldn’t take her seriously.

 

Yujin smiled tightly, “I love apples as well, Lady Kim.”

 

Minjoo squinted her eyes at her. “I said in one interview that I love oranges but in fact, I love apples more.” She said, and Yujin could only blink in surprise. After that, she was kicked out of the office.

 

Also, one time, Minjoo told her to come to her office because she wanted to build some legos with Yujin.

 

“This is one of my favorite hobbies, not cooking.” Minjoo murmured as she put pieces of legos together. Let’s just say that she was there in the office for almost an hour, helping the CEO build her Kuromi lego set.

 

Yujin just then realized that Minjoo was weird and random… in a very adorable way. She was childish and sulky. Who would know that the feared CEO could be a needy kid?

 

Second. Minjoo sometimes invited her for some meals — and it was a level up since the CEO actually introduced her to her sisters and close friends which was Yuri and Chaewon — both famous singers, and the ones Yujin admired a lot as well. The meet-up didn’t go well as planned though.

 

( “I’m a huge fan, Kim Chaewon-nim… Jo Yuri-nim.” Yujin was blushing as she shook hands with the popular idols of the country. It was really an honor.

 

Minjoo was at the side, watching everything unfold with a sneer on her lips, looking impatient, and unpleased.

 

“Please,” Chaewon started off, waving her off. “Just call us without formalities. This is the first time Minjoo ever introduced someone to us, and an employee of hers at that! She must be a handful boss. Be patient with her.” Minjoo just scoffed at her, rolling her eyes at her friend.

 

Yuri and Chaewon looked genuinely happy that their anti-social friend here introduced someone, and by putting pieces together, they assumed that it was Minjoo’s special someone. “I actually thought Minjoo would bring a guy.” Yuri commented, sipping on her iced tea, and smirked at Yujin. “But she brought someone better. Are you guys dating?”

 

Minjoo almost choked on her food, and Yujin was blushing really hard.

 

“Absurd! What are you even saying, Yuri?” Minjoo was annoyed, hissing at her friend as she continued to eat her steak.

 

Yuri raised her hands up. “I thought you would be bringing someone special. From the way you talked about her was something else. I’ve never heard you talk about someone so endear—” Minjoo cut her off by putting bread in .

 

Chaewon giggled, and her expression turned sultry as she gave Yujin a look. She reached for the taller woman’s arm, caressing it which made Yujin shiver. “Well, since Minjoo isn’t dating you. Can I date you instead—”

 

“Certainly not.” Minjoo immediately replied, glaring sharply at Chaewon. She even slapped the older woman’s hand away from Yujin.

 

“Eh, why not? There’s no deal between the two of you. And Yujin is probably available.” Yuri joined in, teasing Minjoo.

 

The CEO growled at them, her face turning dark. “She’s my employee. I don’t want scandals.” She reasoned out before continuing to eat, slicing her steak then placed the piece on Yujin’s plate.

 

Yuri and Chaewon shared a knowing look. “How possessive. Your employee can date whoever she wants.” Chaewon said, and threw a wink at Yujin who was silent and flustered because she was getting flirted with by a pretty solo singer and because of the fact that Minjoo was gatekeeping her from her friends. “This employee of yours is fine as hell. Yujin, can you give me one chance—”

 

“Kim Chaewon, shut your mouth. It’s my last warning.”

 

“Aye, Miss Kim.”)

 

Third, Minjoo would sometimes offer her a ride home (in a Minjoo way, of course) and would stay if Heeda was there to catch up and talk. It was embarrassing, actually, the first time Minjoo went inside their house — in Yujin’s room, because Minjoo was greeted by her own face.

 

Minjoo was impressed, pointing at the poster of herself while Yujin did her best to block her view of the poster with a red face. “I look good there, hm. You sleep at night, with me as the last thing you would ever see and the one who would greet you when you wake up from your deep slumber.” She teased, and she looked very pleased anyway. “I can give you a bigger one. Or better, you can sleep beside me at my house everyday.” Yujin wanted the ground to eat her up.

 

Lastly, Yujin was a frequent visitor in Minjoo’s house. Minjoo would sometimes reason out that she needed some assistance since Yujin was the only capable one, give Yujin unnecessary workload then hint at her that she should stay in her house for the night again (Minjoo would immediately take it back once they got home). But in the end, Yujin would just cook for her and do random stuff that Minjoo wanted to do before the latter would drag her to the bedroom to sleep.

 

It almost felt like the CEO’s huge house was her second home at this point. Yujin wasn’t complaining anyway.

 

She thought that Minjoo was just lonely so she let it pass, liking the latter’s presence anyway that lit up her mood and world but when the topic was brought to Chaewon and Yuri — they were both shocked to the core because apparently, they had never even slept in Minjoo’s house, even her sisters. Minjoo valued her alone time, and preferred to stay isolated.

 

As expected, that elicited some teasings. But Yujin tried her best to shrug it off, not wanting to feel special because Minjoo was only like that towards her. She didn’t want her head to be big.

 

Yujin never really knew when it started, Minjoo getting too comfortable around Yujin to the point she could stay around Minjoo’s place and Minjoo could blurt flirty things like that to her on accident. There was this tension between them that she couldn’t point out but she just ignored it.

 

Aside from being her role model since childhood, Minjoo was her boss and nothing more. They never really labeled each other as friends but… they were close. That was for sure.

 

It was another peaceful day at work, Yujin was on her usual routine, working on some stuff. Jihoon kept on animatedly talking to her, asking her if she wanted to eat outside this weekend while they both worked but stopped when the telephone rang. Yena picked it up.

 

“Yes, CEO Kim?” Yena politely greeted, and her eyes immediately darted to Yujin after two seconds. Taking a deep breath, Yujin prepared herself. “Understood, CEO Kim.” She said before hanging up. “Yujin, the Lady Boss is asking for you.”

 

Eunbi smiled from her desk, “At this point, I think she’s going to make you the team leader.” She joked, drinking a cup of coffee. It really had no malice, just a simple joke.

 

Jihoon piped in, “The favorite.”

 

Yujin giggled and shook her head as she gathered the reports. “She keeps asking for me because I’m great at making reports, she said. I’m well-organized.” She said, sticking her tongue out to them before excusing herself.

 

She met Minjoo’s new secretary, Yeji, since she fired the last one. It seemed like she just passed something to the CEO. They just bowed at each other before Yujin went in fully, closing the door gently.

 

She saw Minjoo at the couch, playing Candy Crush on her phone. Yujin glanced at the desk and saw no paperworks, it seemed like she was done.

 

“How can I help you, Lady Kim?” Yujin asked, approaching her boss.

 

Minjoo glanced at her before exiting the game, “Let’s eat lunch in Suwon.” She said, fiddling with the tip of her hair. “I’m craving for some hotpot.”

 

Yujin’s brow shot up. “Why travel to Suwon just to get some hotpot? There’s a lot of good hotpot restaurants here.” She said softly.

 

Minjoo shrugged, “I just want to. Let’s go now.” She said and stood up from her seat, taking her purse from her desk which surprised Yujin.

 

“Wait… as in, right now, Lady Kim?” clarified Yujin.

 

Minjoo nodded, serious. “Yes, Yujin. Now, take your bag and meet me at the parking lot.” She commanded, fixing her side bangs.

 

“B-But it’s still working hours, an hour before lunch break—”

 

“I’m the owner of this company, Yujin. I handle and operate this, and you work under me. Why are you scared?” asked Minjoo, rolling her eyes as she sassily crossed her arms. “I won’t deduct your salary. Let’s go.”

 

All Yujin could do was rush to her desk and get her bag, telling her colleagues, “Sorry, I need to go. The CEO is taking me to an urgent meeting in Suwon for god knows what.” She lied through her teeth because it might spark favoritism rumors if she ever said that Minjoo just wanted to eat with her in Suwon.

 

It was a hearty meal, Minjoo was taking pictures of nature which she rarely did and even stole a shot of Yujin. In the end, Yujin managed to convince Minjoo to take pictures with her.

 

Minjoo just left a side comment. “What a fan. You’re probably satisfied and feeling fulfilled right now because you have pictures of you with your favorite idol.”

 

At night, Minjoo asked for the photos anyway. And yes, they do message each other now. The CEO would actually randomly call or message her at an ungodly hour when she couldn’t sleep.

 

“You have nothing to do tomorrow, right? We have no work anyway. Go with me to a pet shelter to donate some food.” Minjoo said after Yujin accepted the call after she sent the photos.

 

Yujin could only sleepily chuckle, “Aye.” She weakly muttered.

 

“Are you sleepy?” Minjoo’s soft voice asked from the other line.

 

Humming, Yujin responded with a small, “Yes. Very. I’m tired.”

 

“Do you want me to sing you a lullaby? Treat it as a reward since you did well at work today.” Minjoo asked gently, and Yujin would never refuse such an offer.

 

That night, Yujin drifted to sleep and the last thing she ever saw was Minjoo’s face, the last thing she ever thought of was Minjoo, and the last thing she heard was Minjoo’s mellow, husky voice singing her a soft lullaby. And the one she dreamt of?

 

Only Kim Minjoo.

 

///

 

Yujin was woken up by Wonyoung slapping her face with a pillow. She bolted out of the bed in shock, glaring at Wonyoung who got her hand resting on her hips with a pillow on the other hand.

 

“Wake up, sleepyhead. We have plans for today.” Wonyoung said, and in addition to making Yujin finally fully wake up, she flicked her forehead.

 

“What?” asked Yujin, annoyed.

 

“It’s Sungchan’s birthday, dummy. We already talked about surprising him.” Wonyoung reminded her with a click of tongue.

 

Yujin felt her world stop for a moment when she recalled that she promised that she would accompany Minjoo today but… it was her childhood friend’s birthday and she already promised as well before.

 

With a sigh, Yujin immediately grabbed her phone and opened it, “You go downstairs, I’ll be ready in a minute.” She murmured, fighting back a yawn as she rubbed her eye. She saw message notifications from Minjoo sent earlier four in the morning, saying that she couldn’t sleep because felt dry after singing her a song and a few memes.

 

She also saw the call logs and saw that Minjoo didn’t even end the call until two in the morning when Yujin was so sure she slept around midnight.

 

With guilt bubbling inside her chest, Yujin typed a reply and an apology that she couldn’t make it to their planned activity today because she forgot that she promised that she would be helping arrange Sungchan’s birthday party. She dressed up for that day and went through the original plan.

 

Afternoon fell, and the party was successful. Sungchan was very grateful and he was obviously happy at what they pulled, especially knowing that Yujin took a huge part in it.

 

Yujin sat on the chair at the side while the other people were noisily celebrating inside the house. She wanted some peace, and she was kind of exhausted. After taking a deep breath, Yujin took out her phone and was slightly disappointed to see that Minjoo just put her on read all day. No reply. Nothing.

 

So, she composed a reply, apologizing once more because she had a gut feeling that she might’ve made the CEO very upset. As she pressed ‘send’, Sungchan appeared from his house and walked towards her with a big smile.

 

“Why do you look so worried?” asked the man when he saw the obvious signs of Yujin’s worriedness and anxiousness.

 

Yujin just explained that she promised the CEO to go with her today, forgetting that she had a plan already. Now, Minjoo was probably upset so she was in distress.

 

Sungchan was silent for a little while, staring at his childhood friend before finally asking something that he had been meaning to ask since before. “You and … CEO Kim. Is there something going on between the two of you?” He asked in a small voice.

 

Yujin’s eyes widened in shock immediately, rejecting the idea. “What are you even saying, Sungchan? She’s my boss.” She explained with a chuckle, feeling slightly nervous. Well, that was the truth anyway. There was nothing going on between them, as if there would be. Minjoo saw her as a mere employee and nothing else.

 

But why did her heart ache a little with that thought?

 

“I know you have admired CEO Kim since we were young but are you sure that admiration is nothing romantic, especially that you’re becoming close?” Sungchan asked once more, trying to clear things out and Yujin shook her head frantically.

 

“No. I admire her the same. As my boss.” Yujin replied, almost… reluctantly. There was something stuck in the back of as she said that. As if she was telling a big fat lie.

 

(Let’s just ignore the fact that Yujin’s heart would climb up in whenever Minjoo was talking to her. Ignore the fluttery feeling whenever Minjoo was calling her to go to her office. Ignore the hammering of her heart against her ribcage when Minjoo was close to her. Ignore the butterflies in her stomach whenever Minjoo would do something. Let’s ignore everything, let’s ignore these foreign feelings that she only managed to feel when it comes to Kim Minjoo.)

 

Sungchan looked relieved at her answer and that made her frown a little. He nodded in understanding, his eyes were twinkling. “Sorry, I just wanted some clarification because you and her got so close to the point you two are always stuck close to one another. You always sleep at her place as well.” He said and his lower lip, “I just got jealous because you keep on putting so much attention on her. If Minjoo was a man, I would probably go bat crazy.”

 

That made Yujin arch her brow. “Why would you be jealous, Sungchan?” asked the woman, shaking her head. She didn’t like how he put emphasis on his words. “We’re not together.” She added flatly.

 

Look, Yujin wasn’t too oblivious. She knew that Sungchan had been harboring feelings for her since before but Yujin was too focused on studying in SKKU to achieve her one goal: to be accepted to work at Minjoo’s company. So, she never really confronted Sungchan about it.

 

Sungchan started to massage his temples, “Ah, I never expected that I would be blurting this out on my birthday but I also got enough of hiding my feelings,” He said, and reached for Yujin’s hand, looking at her with genuine sincerity in his eyes.

 

Yujin felt nothing, they were not those foxy eyes with honey orbs that Yujin loved.

 

“I like you for a long time now, Yujin. And I want to pursue you.” He said in a soft tone, inviting Yujin in but the latter remained calm and her expression was emotionless.

 

However, unfortunately for her childhood friend, Yujin didn’t feel the same — she never felt anything romantic towards him. She only saw him as a friend and a brother. So, as much as it hurts her to reject him on his own birthday, Yujin had to do it.

 

“Sungchan, I do not feel the same.” Yujin straightforwardly rejected, kind of guilty and the man’s face dropped, turning pale at the rejection of his feelings.

 

To be honest, this had been going around for years already and so, this confrontation lifted a weight from Yujin’s shoulders. She never directly asked Sungchan about this, not wanting to ruin her friendship with the guy so she just waited for him to confess himself.

 

“Yujin, give me a chance to at least win your heart.” Sungchan pleaded, holding Yujin’s hand tightly, desperate as he kneeled down beside her but the woman just asked him to stand up.

 

Yujin shook her head firmly, “I’m really sorry, Sungchan. I only see you as a friend and a brother, nothing else. You will find a much better woman soon.” She softly said before taking her hands away from his grasp and went inside, trying to find Wonyoung who was enjoying the desserts.

 

She told the woman, and the latter was pitying Sungchan because it all happened on his birthday. Yujin was guilty too but Wonyoung patted her shoulders, “At least everything became clear. Don’t be guilty. Sungchan won’t be mad at you.”

 

After a while, Yujin decided to go home, her house was just literally beside them but she was very exhausted so she excused herself. When she got out of the gate of the house, Sungchan unexpectedly followed her, running after her. Yujin sighed heavily, thinking that Sungchan was going to be persistent.

 

The man sensed her thoughts and immediately clarified with a pant. “I won’t insist on myself anymore, Yujin. I was just hoping to talk to you.” He said, approaching her closely.

 

Yujin nodded, and pocketed her hands inside her jacket, waiting for the man to continue talking.

 

Sungchan his lower lip, “I hope this won’t ruin anything between us. I want to keep you as a friend, Yujin-ah.” He said, hopeful.

 

Throwing him a smile, Yujin nodded, “Of course, Sungchan. I won’t look at you differently.” She replied.

 

The man could only nod awkwardly, looking around as he rubbed his nose. “I,” He let out a weak chuckle. “I won’t fight, don’t worry. I know you have someone in your heart already.” He said, sighing, as saying that took a toll in his poor heart.

 

Yujin felt her breath hitch, “I’m afraid I’m clueless about what you are saying.” She denied.

 

Sungchan laughed at her softly, grabbing Yujin’s hand then flashed a charming smile at her. “Yujin, you’re in great denial. We both know who I am talking about.” He said, and his eyes turned serious. Yujin couldn’t even look him straight in the eyes, gulping. “I want you to be happy, Yujin.” He continued, and he was about to say something more when his eyes caught something from behind the woman.

 

Yujin noticed it and took a peek, curious. Her heart literally stopped functioning and her brain went haywire when she saw something — rather, someone, standing in front of her house — the person’s sharp and intense gaze was on them, looking unhappy at what she was witnessing.

 

“Lady Kim?” Yujin murmured, she was in great disbelief and wanted to rub her eyes to see if she was hallucinating but Sungchan greeted the CEO as well.

 

Minjoo finally moved when Yujin called her name, marching towards her with a dark expression on her beautiful face. She halted just in front of Yujin, and had to look up because she wasn’t wearing heels but Yujin shrunk under that pining and piercing gaze.

 

Minjoo’s eyes went downwards, landing on Yujin’s hand that was being held by Sungchan so the taller woman immediately took her hand and faced Minjoo properly, shock was evident in her face. “What are you doing here, Lady Kim? How long have you been standing there?” asked the woman.

 

The CEO’s expression did not falter and it was making Yujin sweat, as if she was caught doing something scandalous. Minjoo’s eyes were murderous and her nostrils were almost flaring. “Long enough to watch you guys be sweet to one another.” She blankly answered.

 

Yujin gulped, fidgety. She couldn’t even say something until Sungchan butted in, “It’s pleasant to meet you again, CEO Kim. I’ll be excusing myself since I still have guests,” He tried to excuse himself but Minjoo did not even bother to give him a glance. “I’ll go first, Yujin. Good luck.” He leaned in and whispered before running away.

 

Minjoo was obviously fuming but Sungchan’s action pushed her to the edge even more. She gave Yujin a sharp glare. “I drove here because you’re not even consoling me after ditching me earlier. I waited in front of your house. And then I will see you and your little boyfriend being lovey-dovey?” She seethed, her tone was venomous with a hint of fury underneath that made Yujin cower.

 

“I’m sorry, Lady Kim. You were not responding to my messages so I thought it was for the best to let you be for a while, I was busy the whole day too. I apologize for not consoling you.” Yujin immediately apologized, guilty.

 

Minjoo went red out of anger, taking another step forward, her eyes were intense — almost turning into slits. “You were busy celebrating your boyfriend’s little birthday party, huh?”

 

“Lady Kim,” Yujin softly called out, and Minjoo’s expression slightly softened. “Sungchan is not my boyfriend. I don’t like him that way.” She didn’t know why but she needed to clarify, not because Minjoo kept referring to Sungchan as her boyfriend but because… it felt like Minjoo got a huge problem with it; the thought of her and Sungchan in a relationship.

 

That kind of did the trick, Minjoo’s dragon-like expression became a little bit gentler and could only huff at her, “Oh, really? Why was he holding your hand, huh? I literally witnessed everything.” She said, and her voice was still seething, dripping with venom.

 

Yujin bit her lower lip, feeling her heart jump, “Are you perhaps jealous, Lady Kim?” She asked slowly, gulping. She felt like floating at the assumption alone.

 

Minjoo looked at her in disbelief, “Why would I be, hm?” She rolled her eyes at her, scoffing. “I don’t care about couples.” She added with a grumble before crossing her arms. “You kept on denying when I saw you two hold hands.”

 

Sighing, Yujin explained, “It’s not what you think. I actually rejected him earlier, we just promised not to get our friendship involved because of this.” She explained, smiling at Minjoo.

 

Clicking her tongue, Minjoo just huffed at her. “I don’t give a single ,” She replied blankly. Yujin suppressed her smile, if she didn’t really care then she wouldn’t even throw a fit.

 

“Whatever,” Minjoo flipped her hair. “It’s not even the main issue.” She diverted the topic, her expression turned grim once more. “It didn’t change the fact that you ditched me today and did not even bother to console me.” She retorted before turning her back against Yujin. “Enjoy the party you arranged for your boyfriend.” And walked away.

 

Yujin followed her, “Lady Kim. CEO Kim… Minjoo-nim.” She called, frustrated that Minjoo was very upset. She didn’t know how to properly make it up to her so the woman wouldn’t be mad at her anymore.

 

However, Minjoo did not even glance back at her and just went inside her car, turning on the engine in a haste. Yujin could only bend her back and knock on the window, “Lady Kim.” She softly called. She was relieved when Minjoo did roll the window down but she refused to look at her. “I’m really sorry.” She apologized genuinely.

 

Minjoo did not say anything and started to drive, maneuvering the car away from Yujin who could only watch the flashy sports car disappear from the road. Sighing to herself, Yujin bit her lower lip.

 

///

 

She went to work the day after, and Minjoo did not call her inside the office, even the others got weirded out because Minjoo would usually ask for Yujin’s presence. Yujin could only sigh and work on her laptop.

 

“You good?” Jihoon asked her, leaning against her desk.

 

Yujin nodded, forcing out a smile. “I’m alright.”

 

Jihoon was still worried though. “Are you sure? I can help you with your work if you want. I’m done with everything.” He said, and before Yujin could even refuse, a voice boomed across the room.

 

“Gossiping in working hours is prohibited.”

 

Yujin jumped on her seat and looked at Minjoo who was standing by the entrance of the office, arms crossed, and her expression was stern and terrifying. Jihoon cowered and immediately went back to his seat, apologizing, petrified.

 

Minjoo looked good as usual, Minjoo always looked perfect every single day anyway. Her hair was down that day, her make-up was more smokey and dark that added intensity to her heavy and scary aura. Her outfit that day was very distracting.

 

Black fit sleeveless dress that hugged her body perfectly, showing off her insane curves. Minjoo had such a crazy body proportion that even Yujin’s eyes strayed for a while, checking her boss out instead of getting scared by her glare. And it was backless, mind you. Earlier, when Minjoo arrived, she was wearing a maroon blazer but now, that jacket was nowhere to be seen.

 

Goodness.

 

Yujin only snapped back into reality when Minjoo’s glare turned to Jihoon. “Come to my office, Park Jihoon.” She said in a lethal way before turning her heels, walking back to her office.

 

Jihoon melted in his seat, looking as if his death day was today. Without a word, he went to the office and came back, almost crying because Minjoo gave him a lot of workload. “Lady Boss is really evil!” He sobbed while Jiwoo comforted him.

 

Yujin could only sigh, not knowing what to do because Minjoo was still obviously upset. She tried to call and message her but Minjoo was really ignoring her. Earlier at the meeting, when Yujin was raising her hand to suggest something, Minjoo pretended not to see her.

 

Taking a deep breath, Yujin had enough of the treatment. Her heart wasn’t at ease knowing that Minjoo was obviously upset at her. She grabbed the report papers in her desk before rushing to the office, leaving the others confused.

 

She knocked on the door, and waited for Minjoo’s permission.

 

“Come in, whoever you may be.”

 

Yujin slowly entered the office and spotted Minjoo signing some papers. She closed the door and approached the busy woman, and Yujin couldn’t help but to gulp at the sight of the beautiful CEO. She had her glasses on, and her hair was tied up into a bun now. She looked magnificent as always, and her poor heart was rapidly rattling inside her chest.

 

She had to pat it in an attempt to calm her heart down.

 

Minjoo finally looked up and was surprised to see her but she immediately recovered, her expression turned cold then lowered her head back down, focusing on the papers she was signing. “What is it that you want?” asked the woman, her voice was ice cold.

 

Pouting, Yujin really concluded that Minjoo was very mad at her. She showed her the reports, “The reports, CEO Kim.” She said, trying to hand the paper to her.

 

“Just put them there. You may exit my office.” Minjoo instructed, and so, Yujin placed the papers on top of her desk but she did not exit the office, remaining still at her spot while staring at Minjoo.

 

Minjoo looked back at her, annoyed, when she noticed that Yujin wasn’t still going out. “Why are you still standing there?”

 

“Don’t be mad at me anymore, Lady Kim.” Yujin answered instead, soft and mellow, cooing at Minjoo. “Please forgive me for ditching you.”

 

Minjoo was silent, stunned at the sudden apology but she wasn’t swayed easily. “You would need more than an apology.” She grumbled something under her breath, she started to sign the paperworks much harder and harshly now.

 

Yujin bit her lower lip, and kneeled down by the desk, leaning her chin on the edge like a puppy looking at her owner adorably, asking for some treats. “I’ll take you to dinner after we donate.” She said, smiling at Minjoo.

 

The CEO was just staring at her, not moving. “Quit kneeling like that.” She seriously said, and so, Yujin got up with a sigh.

 

“So, what do you say, Lady Kim?” asked Yujin, hopeful.

 

Minjoo continued to sign the paperworks, “Whatever.” She replied haughtily but Yujin knew that she certainly accepted Yujin’s offer. “Get out of my office. I’m busy.” She said, and Yujin just smiled fondly at her before finally leaving her boss alone.

 

Yujin stayed behind when her other co-workers started to go home. She was finishing her little engagement chart, and waiting for the CEO so she worked overtime again.

 

She didn’t even realize that Minjoo already got out of the office, walking towards her. “Why are you still working there?” asked the CEO which surprised Yujin, glancing at Minjoo.

 

“Oh, Lady Kim,” She greeted before turning her attention to the computer screen. “I’m just finishing this.”

 

Minjoo was just crossing her arms and watching her for a whole minute before taking her wrist away from the mouse, and that made Yujin jolt in shock, her cheeks flaring at the sudden burning touch. “Let’s go. The animal shelter is waiting for the pet food.” She coldly said, and tugged her until she was standing.

 

“W-Wait, let me save this, please.” Yujin stammered and hurriedly saved her progress but she had a difficult time since Minjoo was still tightly holding her wrist. However, she managed anyway.

 

She was grabbing her bag when Minjoo got very impatient, dragging her away from her desk already. And Minjoo held her wrist until they were in the parking lot. Yujin was kind of wary since it was still broad daylight and some co-workers might see them clingy like this and get suspicious but Minjoo seemed not to care.

 

Yujin just tried to enjoy the touch, actually liking it whenever the CEO would initiate skin contact like this.

 

They donated a lot of sacks of pet food to the huge animal shelter in the city. Yujin was surprised because there was a truck that kept following them. It turned out that the truck was full of pet food that Minjoo would donate.

 

After a little while, they found themselves in Incheon, with Yujin treating them to dinner at some simple yet peaceful restaurant. It was one of Yujin’s favorite restaurants. She usually went here with her aunt whenever they got enough money.

 

“They serve the best tteokbokki.” Yujin said as she watched Minjoo gawk at the restaurant, a little bit amazed. She looked like she didn’t belong here, she looked too expensive. “This is my favorite place. Sorry if I can only treat you here, I can’t afford hotel—”

 

Minjoo dismissed her by waving her hand at her, still roaming her eyes around, there was a sign of discomfort in her face with amusement. “It’s fine. Not like you can do anything much too with your salary in my company.” She replied with a sigh, crossing her arms as she leaned to the uncomfortable cheap plastic chair. “It’s just… I’m not used to it but all in all, it’s great. A new experience.” She said, and Yujin was so sure she was saying that to make her feel better.

 

Yujin smiled, and finally a server came up to them, surprised at Minjoo’s existence. He was in a daze, eyeing Minjoo with sparkling eyes. Yujin frowned, not liking his sticky gaze on Minjoo so she immediately told her orders. The server hastily jotted down her order in his notes before turning to Minjoo who was nonchalantly staring at the huge aquarium at the side.

 

“How about you, ma’am?” asked the server in a chirpy tone. Yujin felt a growl trying to be let out but Minjoo just waved him off, dismissing him easily.

 

The guy went back to the kitchen with his imaginary tail between his legs. Yujin could only smirk smugly. Minjoo noticed it.

 

“What are you smirking for?” asked Minjoo, raising her brow at her.

 

Yujin’s smirk immediately faded away and cleared , “Nothing, Lady Kim.” She answered and Minjoo nodded before turning away again, finding the fish much more interesting than Yujin. That made the latter pout and sulk, it just meant that Minjoo was still upset.

 

Their orders arrived, and Yujin’s mouth already watered at the main star; her favorite tteokbokki. She looked at Minjoo who was just silently staring at the food, showing no emotions.

 

“Here, Lady Kim, try.” Yujin urged her, breaking the chopsticks for Minjoo and pushed the bowl of food towards her but Minjoo just looked away. Feeling her heart ache at the rejection, Yujin’s shoulders went slump. “You don’t want to eat it?” Her voice sounded hoarse, on the brink of breaking down. She was sad.

 

Minjoo glanced at her, her cold expression turning soft when she saw how down Yujin looked. “I’m just not in the mood of using my hands to eat,” She responded, almost a murmur.

 

Yujin was dumbfounded. Then what should she do? “Do you want me to feed you?” She offered.

 

Minjoo huffed sassily, “Why, you’re treating me like a queen today. Trying to get into my good graces?” She said, and gave her a cute sneer. “Okay, pick your chopstick and feed me.”

 

Yujin complied, feeding Minjoo, trying her best not to blush. Oh God. She never had thought she would be able to do this with Minjoo. Feeding her food to make it up to her. Sure, Minjoo loved to give her some of her food but this? Feeding the CEO like a child. Never in her wildest dream but she liked the feeling.

 

The same people who kept stealing glances at Minjoo were watching in awe, flabbergasted but the both of them did not care at all.

 

Minjoo happily ate the food that Yujin would feed her, shaking her shoulders akin to a little dance as she chewed the delicious food. Yujin’s heart melted.

 

Yujin was starting to get hungry as well so she took another chopsticks and picked up a piece of rice cake, eating it. She flinched when Minjoo glared at her. The CEO looked so displeased to see her eat, “Why are you using different chopsticks?” asked the woman.

 

Yujin’s movements were halted, and she looked at Minjoo confusedly. “Because I’m using these to feed you, Lady Kim. I think it’s inappropriate to use these as well to feed myself—”

 

Minjoo’s brow shot up, “Why not? I do not have any disease, Yujin.” She pointed out, slightly offended.

 

With a sigh, Yujin just placed the new chopsticks aside and used the same that she used to feed the CEO. Her cheeks warmed because this felt very intimate. Minjoo looked satisfied though.

 

After that, Yujin paid for it and Minjoo drove towards her home. Once again, Yujin found herself at Minjoo’s house, and it was an unspoken agreement that she would stay the night here as well. She immediately texted her aunt that she would be staying with Minjoo again.

 

They washed and dressed before settling at the living room’s couch, trying to watch ‘Wednesday’ on the huge television. It was silent, and Yujin was a little bit awkward since Minjoo wasn’t still speaking to her more than usual, so she asked.

 

“Are you still upset, Lady Kim?” Yujin was playing with her fingers.

 

Minjoo answered in a heartbeat. “Yes.” Well, at least in that part, she was honest.

 

Yujin was getting hopeless. Desperate to be forgiven, Yujin scooted closer to Minjoo, and seriously asked the CEO. “What do you want me to do for you to forgive me, Lady Kim?”

 

Minjoo side-eyed her, taking a deep breath as she faced her with gentle eyes, as if she had been waiting for Yujin to ask. “Let’s play a game and I will forgive you.” She said in a hushed tone, leaning in a little closer.

 

Yujin immediately nodded, “I can definitely play any game.”

 

Smirking, Minjoo looked very pleased. “Good.” She uttered softly and asked, “What is my facial feature that you like the most? Except for my eyes.”

 

Okay, that was very random. Yujin was taken aback but Minjoo looked serious so she just silently stared at her, scanning Minjoo’s face that had been carved by the deities themselves. Her eyes landed on Minjoo’s plump and kissable lips, all looking so shiny and luscious, inviting Yujin in but she would never answer that, she still had some shame.

 

“Your jaw.” Yujin played safe. She loved Minjoo’s sharp jawline as well, next to Minjoo’s lips and nose.

 

Minjoo was very amused at her choice. “Hm, why my jaw?” asked the woman, curious.

 

Yujin became red as a tomato. “Please, no questions.”

 

Minjoo nodded and complied anyway, properly facing Yujin, her arm snaking on the backrest of the couch, trapping Yujin. “Mine is your lips.” Minjoo replied, and Yujin went tense, lightning striking her down. “So, here’s the game, Yujin.” She said in a low, husky tone that sent shivers down Yujin’s spine.

 

Alright, why was Yujin suddenly nervous? Maybe because Minjoo literally said that Yujin’s lips were her favorite facial feature of hers? Maybe it was the way Minjoo’s tone went lower and huskier, to the point it sounded so seductive? Or maybe the way Minjoo looked at her whole, as if ready to devour her down. No, Yujin was always nervous when Minjoo was around anyway.

 

“You get to kiss my jaw,” Minjoo murmured, sultry, leaning even closer to the point Yujin couldn’t even breathe but she did not back down, staring back into the woman’s honey orbs. “And in exchange, I’ll kiss your lips.” She added, her eyes lowering down to admire Yujin’s quivering lips.

 

Yujin felt like she lost the ability to function, her ears were ringing, and her heart was ready to climb up and jump from . Her whole existence trembled in shock and excitement. Somehow, she loved that deal. A very weird yet nice deal.

 

Minjoo tilted her head a little, finally looking up from her lips until their eyes met. “So, what do you think of the deal, Yujin? It’s a fun, silly game. In an instant, I’ll forgive you.” She playfully asked, a devilish smirk crawling up to her sinful lips.

 

Yujin’s mouth went agape, but there was no voice that came out. She was too weak. She couldn’t even think well. Her eyes slowly fell and eyed Minjoo’s lips, and she couldn’t help but to gulp thickly before frantically retreating her gaze back.

 

Did she really hear it right? She gets to kiss Minjoo’s jaw, and in exchange, Minjoo would kiss her lips. This was borderline crazy. Insanity. But Yujin’s body was on fire, trembling in anticipation. She couldn’t fathom this little game that was too good to be true yet…

 

Minjoo was waiting patiently, and Yujin made a choice.

 

Almost in a haste, Yujin leaned in, pressing a quick kiss on Minjoo’s firm jaw. It was almost a slow motion as her lips met Minjoo’s soft flesh, it tingled, it burned. All in a good way. This was real. More than real.

 

When she pulled away, Yujin wasn’t even breathing, looking at Minjoo’s surprised reaction but it turned to smugness anyway. The corner of Minjoo’s lips tugged upwards, looking very pleased. She her lower lip, and Yujin followed the swipe of her tongue.

 

The CEO looked like she had just won a war, in triumph as she gently reached for Yujin’s chin, cradling it. “So, you made your choice. Excellent.” Minjoo mumbled under her breath, delighted. “You’re forgiven.” She whispered, staring at Yujin’s lips intently before leaning in, kissing them softly.

 

///

 

No one dared to talk about the kiss as they settled side by side on Minjoo’s huge bed. After the kiss earlier, Yujin surely lost her mind, her soul was nowhere to be found in her body. Minjoo just gave her a smile afterwards, satisfied before turning to face the television, acting like she didn’t just kiss her employee.

 

Throughout, Yujin was processing everything. That was her first kiss too. She couldn’t believe it. She had to excuse herself to the bathroom while Minjoo watched the television to scream and slap the out of herself. But everything was real. It happened. Holy .

 

THE Kim Minjoo kissed her. Kim Minjoo, her idol, her role model, her boss.

 

Yujin blinked, daydreaming. She was near thinking that she probably died and now living in her fantasies but her lips… it tingled, and there was an invisible mark that was in the shape of Minjoo’s lips. It was real.

 

“Yujin,” Minjoo called out of the blue and Yujin hummed in response. “You’re in a daze. Why?”

 

Yujin turned red, and sighed. She honestly told her the reason anyway. “I was just having a hard time sinking everything in. It doesn’t feel real.” She murmured, and Minjoo just snorted at her, sitting up to hover above Yujin a little.

 

“Well, why don’t you kiss my jaw again to check?” replied Minjoo, and Yujin caught the tone. Ooh, she was really taking advantage of it, huh. But of course, Yujin did anyway, much to Minjoo’s delight.

 

Yujin slowly reached upwards, kissing Minjoo’s jaw gently before laying down back on the bed.

 

Minjoo’s eyes were soft as she stared down at Yujin, yet there was something swirling in them; desire. She lowered her head down, capturing Yujin’s lips for a second kiss that night.

 

Yujin could perfectly feel the soft pair of warm lips on her own. Her heart exploded.

 

Minjoo pulled away after a few seconds, tilting her head. “So, does that feel real now, hm?” asked the woman, her hand slowly snaking towards Yujin’s arm, holding it gently.

 

Yujin was hypnotized by those warm honey orbs, and she didn’t know what possessed her to say this. “No,” She whispered, and her lower lip. “I think I need to check a little bit more to see if this isn’t really a dream.”

 

This time, Minjoo was the one who was flustered, her cheeks turning red even under the dim lights. Heh, she thought Yujin couldn’t play her little game as well? She thought wrong because Yujin could also be a little mischievous.

 

Without a word, Yujin reached for Minjoo’s face again, planting a soft kiss on Minjoo’s jaw and waited for the latter to do the ‘exchange’.

 

Minjoo let out a breathless chuckle, grabbing Yujin’s jaw to steady her before diving in, kissing Yujin’s lips gently. “You can repeatedly think that everything’s a dream, and I’ll do this to you all over again to prove that it’s reality.” She murmured against the younger woman’s lips, feeling the latter grin between kisses.

 

///

 

They never really talked about the kisses, ever. But they did play that little game a lot, especially Minjoo who was obviously enjoying it — doing everything she could to make Yujin kiss her jaw so she could kiss the latter’s lips in exchange.

 

And here was the thing, Yujin was enjoying it as well. Who would know that kissing could be addicting?

 

No one knew about their little game, Yujin was not able to tell it to Wonyoung — her best friend since childhood because she was afraid that she wouldn’t get it. That it was something casual, that it meant nothing for Minjoo. It totally meant ‘play’ to Minjoo, and it somehow made Yujin wonder if the older woman had done this to other people.

 

(Yujin’s heart would ache whenever she would think of that possibility so as much as possible, she tried to nonchalantly shrug it off.)

 

Because it meant something to Yujin. However, she just… played along, if that would make her CEO happy. They were enjoying it so far, no complications, no problems, no judgement. Just kissing each other behind people’s backs. But in front of them, they just have a regular CEO and subordinate relationship.

 

Minjoo, heavens thank god, never really initiated kisses in the office. But she did make sure to push Yujin to the edge, seducing her every single time, and making sure her lips were shiny to the point Yujin’s eyes would stray to look at them. Aside from that, Minjoo never really did anything, and it was for the better since the both of them would be doomed if they got caught.

 

However, when work time was over, Minjoo would ask her to wait for her before dragging her inside the car. There was when something would happen, and afterwards, Minjoo would drive Yujin home or she would take the younger woman to her home.

 

Sometimes, that little play would go a little bit intense. Soft pecks would turn into biting, gentle kisses would turn into a passionate liplock. But it never really went beyond that, Yujin had self-control and Minjoo had it as well, fortunately. They wouldn’t dare to cross that line.

 

However, it started to get complicated when Yujin was starting to acknowledge her growing feelings for her boss. It bloomed into something big that she couldn’t even ignore those fluttery feelings. That simple admiration that she had when she was younger… it turned into something deeper. And she realized her feelings because of a simple reason. A simple moment.

 

( “Yujin,” Minjoo called for her, and Yujin just hummed, her eyes still on her laptop, doing work while at Minjoo’s house.

 

“Yujin.” Minjoo repeatedly called, slightly irritated.

 

And so, Yujin finally looked, and her fingers stopped. Her eyes landed on Minjoo who was on top of the stairs, and her breath hitched — her heart almost jumped off her chest. She simply casted her gaze on the older woman.

 

“What do you think?” Minjoo asked, excited as she twirled around a little, showing off her beautiful nightgown. Yujin was simply in awe. “I made sure to buy this to partner with the pajamas I bought for you. Quite nice, right?”

 

Yujin felt a smile grow on her lips, her heart was warm as she couldn’t even take her eyes away from the woman. “Beautiful,” She breathed out, drinking in the sight.

 

Minjoo looked satisfied and padded towards her, hugging her from beside as she closed the laptop. “Stop working now, would you? We’re both tired. That’s enough for today.” She huffed, demanding and placed the laptop away.

 

Yujin giggled, and just enjoyed the older woman’s clinginess. She was loving it anyway. She s her arm around Minjoo’s waist and stared deeply into her eyes with a huge smile on her face, Minjoo had to poke her deep dimples — growing fond of those. “Aye, ma’am.” She replied before leaning in to kiss Minjoo on the jaw.

 

That ignited the fire, and Minjoo immediately kissed her, as if she was waiting for Yujin to do it. It was just a soft and quick one before pulling away.

 

Yujin pouted while Minjoo continuously poked her dimples, looking like a happy child. “I love your dimples.” She said, and the younger woman’s smile broadened, making her dimples deeper.

 

With a giggle, Minjoo suddenly leaned in, pressing a kiss on her cheek — where her dimple was located and that surprised Yujin to the core because Minjoo had never kissed her aside from her lips. She stared at Minjoo, shocked but the CEO just smiled at her sweetly before leaning in again, pressing a kiss on her jaw.

 

Yujin was in awe, she couldn’t even immediately move. And Minjoo stared at her expectantly, her eyes were almost drunk and in a daze. That was when Yujin realized that Minjoo was waiting for her to kiss, turning the tables.

 

And of course, Yujin kissed her anyway. Leaning in slowly and closely, softly capturing Minjoo’s lips on her own, feeling the latter’s heart beat loudly in sync as hers.

 

Yujin was doomed.

 

Because she realized by then — she was in love with Kim Minjoo. Her boss. )

 

And that… that complicated things because upon realizing her feelings, her body kept on reacting unusually and more extremely. Yujin was starting to find Minjoo look even more beautiful each day, the highlight of her day was seeing Minjoo, her heart felt like it was going to burst whenever the CEO was near, Minjoo’s smile was enough to make her go delirious, and all these fluttery and giddy feelings were making her feel very overwhelmed to the point she couldn’t even act right around Minjoo.

 

It certainly did not help that Minjoo was touchy and kept on sticking onto Yujin whenever she could. Holding her hand, leaning against her, kissing her…

 

Every little thing that Minjoo would do makes Yujin fall deeper in love even more.

 

Yujin was losing her mind a little and finally told Wonyoung and Sungchan about it, asking help in their group chat. Wonyoung was helpful but Sungchan kept teasing her.

 

“I knew that you already fell in love with CEO Kim. That’s why you rejected me.” Sungchan joked, sending a lot of ‘haha’ stickers and added, “We certainly noticed your feelings for the big boss before you, damn.”

 

Wonyoung commented that she should confess but Yujin dismissed the idea because she was afraid to lose everything that she had with Minjoo right now but it wasn’t right as well. She might need time to figure things out, for now, she should cherish what they had. Because the moment their little game was ruined, Yujin was afraid she might ruin their professional relationship as well.

 

However, she knew she wouldn’t last. Everything would come to an end, and Yujin would surely ask for clarification. She would desperately ask for it. For her own good.

 

Yujin reached to Chaewon and Yuri as well, and the latter immediately replied with, “I knew there was something fruity happening between you two.” This time, it was a deep talk about Minjoo. The two were happy to know that someone was genuinely loving their friend and promised not to tell Minjoo about Yujin’s feelings.

 

“I hope you can be patient, Yujin. Our friend is kind of oblivious to stuff that’s not about her business. She’s clueless about love.” Chaewon said to her through the video call and Yuri immediately butted in.

 

“But you know, Yujin. I think Minjoo has feelings as well but also in denial. She never treated someone like how she keeps on treating you.”

 

Yujin laughed and shook her head, “No, please don’t give me hope.” Let’s be rational, now. She just didn’t want to expect and hope for something and get her heart shattered in the end.

 

Chaewon and Yuri looked at each other before smiling gently at her, “We would not say this to you if we didn’t notice anything, Yujin.”

 

Still, Yujin chose not to expect something, not to assume something to protect her poor heart. But she wanted clarifications, at least. She badly needed that but she was unsure how to get it from Minjoo.

 

It was another day at work, Yujin was jotting down notes diligently then would type something on her computer. It was a busy day since the launching of a new product was in the works. Everyone was in a rush, typing fastly on their laptop, or going around the office in panic, trying to get things done immediately.

 

The telephone rang, and Eunbi picked it up, as usual it was just Minjoo asking for Yujin. “Yujin-ah, the Lady Boss wanted the reports.” She said before going back to work so Yujin grabbed the papers and rushed towards the office, not even bothering to knock because the CEO was probably expecting her presence anyway.

 

But she was surprised that she was greeted by a shocking view.

 

Minjoo’s secretary, Yeji, was leaning over the CEO’s desk and their faces were close, she was trying to get something off Minjoo’s hair. Yeji was obviously surprised but Minjoo’s expression remained mild, only then when Yujin went inside her eyes obviously lit up.

 

Yeji looked disappointed to see that their moment was ruined so she shyly tucked her stray hair behind her ear before walking to the side, preparing some tea.

 

Yujin was silent, her grip on the papers became tight. She took a deep breath before approaching the CEO who was staring at her, waiting for her to come closer. “Here’s the report, CEO Kim.” She murmured lowly, and handed the papers to the woman.

 

Their fingers brushed, and a bolt of electricity went through Yujin’s body. Minjoo started to flip through the report, “How’s everything going there so far?” asked the boss.

 

Yujin answered instantly, “Great so far, CEO Kim. Everyone’s doing their job.”

 

Minjoo nodded, and placed the report on her desk. Her eyes then raked up and down at Yujin’s appearance, her brow arching a little. “It’s unusual for you to wear a skirt,” She pointed out, and her expression turned slightly bitter. “Trying to seduce someone in the office, hm?”

 

Yujin pressed her lips together, “No one, CEO Kim.” Why was Minjoo bothered anyway? What’s with the bitter expression when she said that as well. It made her heart skip a beat, a little string of hope was starting to appear.

 

Minjoo looked relieved but before she could even say something, Yeji emerged from the side, smiling charmingly at the CEO as she placed the cup of tea on her desk. “Your tea, CEO Kim.” She said softly, there was a tint of seduction. She then settled on the side of the table, watching Minjoo take a sip of her tea.

 

That made Yujin’s eyes twitch. She actually noticed before; Yeji’s lingering and longing gazes at Minjoo but she shrugged it off but somehow… seeing her like this, it was starting to make sense.

 

“CEO Kim,” Yeji suddenly said, and Minjoo just hummed, sipping on her tea. “I was just wondering if I can take you out to dinner after the launch? I just want to treat you for being such a nice boss to me.” She said with a shy yet bold smile.

 

Yujin felt her face drop. There was just no way that Yeji was asking Minjoo out in front of her salad. Holy . She needed to get out here before she could even remark on something that might be her one way trip to her grave.

 

“No need for that, Yeji,” Minjoo flatly said but Yeji just pouted cutely.

 

“I insist, CEO Kim. Please.” Yeji was at the point of begging, even batting her eyelashes at her, leaning against the table to probably allure Minjoo. She didn’t even care if Yujin was standing there, watching.

 

Seeing someone blatantly hit on Minjoo like this was making Yujin sick. So, she immediately excused herself and ran out of the office. She did not stop when Minjoo called her before she closed the door.

 

She sat back down, and shook her head before continuing her work, there was an obvious annoyance at her movements. They were slightly harsh and there was a frown on her face. Her colleagues were surprised and confused at the same time but when Yuqi asked her if everything was alright, Yujin smiled forcedly at them and nodded to reassure them.

 

“Alright, Yujin, you can’t be jealous.” Yujin murmured to herself, typing on her keyboard, glaring at the screen. There was a green smudge in her heart called jealousy, and she was not liking it.

 

Jihoon suddenly popped out, having two cups of coffee in his hands as he entered the office with Jaehyun. He swept a look over Yujin’s cubicle before placing the coffee on her desk which surprised the latter. “For you, since you’re working hard today.” He said, throwing a playful wink at her.

 

It was known around the office that Jihoon had taken an interest in her but he was aware that Yujin was uninterested so he never really shot his shot. However, he was still extra kind and gentle towards Yujin.

 

“Thank you, Jihoon. You’re such a lifesaver.” Yujin was grateful, really. She needed this to calm down. She took a sip and Jihoon sat on his seat before scooting towards Yujin.

 

“Need some help? I can take half of your work since I’m almost done with mine?” He offered once more. He always offered but Yujin never really took his offer but this time, she suddenly considered it since she wanted to go home early.

 

Yujin hummed, thinking. “Is there an exchange?” She joked.

 

Jihoon laughed, winking at her again. “Let me take you out for some coffee tomorrow. No hidden agendas.” He said, and he looked hopeful. Of course, Yujin would reject it but she wanted to tease the guy.

 

“Hm, I’ll think of it—”

 

“No flirting allowed under working hours, especially on busy days like this.”

 

Both of them flinched, and looked at the entrance of the office. Oh, come on now. Why does Minjoo have to see them talking all the time and assume that they were flirting? Yujin wanted to groan because Jihoon might get involved, especially seeing how Minjoo looked pissed.

 

“Have some shame. We’re all busy here and you two prioritize flirting?” Minjoo asked, dripping with venom. She was frowning, and Yujin almost thought that it was the perfect look of jealousy.

 

“Sorry, CEO Kim.” Jihoon apologized and bowed before working on his own, terrified to death.

 

Yujin could only sigh, they were not even flirting or whatsoever — just a little chat because they were all getting hectic here. A little chatter wouldn’t hurt anyway, why was Minjoo getting riled up? She didn’t even scold Jiwoo and Aeri who were literally gushing over a movie at the side.

 

Yujin became tense when Minjoo’s sharp gaze landed on her, it made her straighten her back. “Come with me to the office, Miss Ahn. I have something to discuss with you.” She said with crossed arms and marched away, going back to her office.

 

Sighing, Yujin could only comply, walking inside the room again. Thankfully, this time, Yeji was nowhere to be seen. Minjoo had her arms crossed as usual, her signature pose, which made her look more intimidating.

 

“This is the second time I spotted you and Jihoon flirting under working hours.” Minjoo spat, slapping the desk slightly then stood up, probably to scare Yujin off but the latter just smiled gently at her.

 

The younger woman calmly replied, “We were just lightly chatting, Lady Kim. Not flirting. I do not like Jihoon that way.”

 

Minjoo didn’t look convinced, “But he was literally asking you for a date? And you seemed ecstatic,” She hissed, raising her hands up. “Sorry for being the villain that moment. Just ask each other out once you are both done doing your jobs.” She added, shaking her head.

 

Yujin’s face fell a little, feeling her chest ache yet it warmed. Minjoo was acting like she was jealous, because Jihoon was trying to score a date with her. She was giving her an unnecessary attitude. Maybe, Minjoo should be reminded. Yujin should take a little risk to see if Minjoo was really jealous.

 

With a sigh, Yujin bravely asked. “Are you jealous, CEO Kim? Why are you getting riled up whenever me and Jihoon are talking? You also spotted Jaehyun and Yuqi frequently talking but you never said anything.” She was not scared because she made a point.

 

Minjoo was obviously taken aback when she fired back. “Why would I be? Huh? How absurd.” She denied firmly, sitting back down at her desk with a glare, puckering her lips a little.

 

Yujin pressed her lips together. She was losing patience, not liking how Minjoo was being hard and adamant on refusing the idea of getting jealous. Was it really hard? To admit? Yujin could easily admit hers now yet she wouldn’t act expressively like this. It was making her frustrated to the core.

 

“Why can’t you just admit that you are, Lady Kim? Please, don’t give me that sulky attitude when you keep on refusing to admit that you are indeed jealous.” Yujin said in a low grumble.

 

Minjoo was stunned for a few seconds before looking away, “You’re getting delusional here, Miss Ahn.”

 

Yujin froze because of that, ignoring how the butterflies in her stomach started to die down. “Oh, now I’m delusional. Then I am. But I can easily admit my jealousy when it comes to you with other people.” She snapped back, fully losing it out of frustration. Everything was getting too much, and she couldn’t handle the bag of emotions.

 

Minjoo felt like she lost her hearing when she heard something specific coming out of Yujin’s mouth, her intense expression turned softer. “Pardon? What are you talking about? Jealous of whom, Yujin?”

 

Yujin caught herself, clearing to compose herself but the uncomfortable feeling of disappointment and sadness in her chest did not fade, it became heavier. “Nevermind that,” She dismissed, blowing air. She clenched her fists and shook her head. “You know what? I’m so done with this. Everything is suffocating me and eating me from the inside. Lady Kim, can I ask you one question?” She turned serious.

 

Even Minjoo got nervous at the sudden shift of her demeanor. She composed herself, straightening her back at her seat before tilting her head to ask. “Okay, what is it?”

 

Without missing a beat, Yujin breathed out, “What are we?” She reached the end of her limit, not when Minjoo was acting like this. She needed that clarification, now. Get her heart shattered or go home with Minjoo happily.

 

She saw the emotions in Minjoo’s face start to distort, forming into different kinds. Minjoo’s throat bobbed up and down, taking a few seconds to form an answer.

 

“I’m your boss, and you’re my employee. Easy.” Minjoo replied nonchalantly, but there was something in her tone that Yujin couldn’t pinpoint.

 

Regardless, the answer put a ton of disappointment in Yujin’s heart.

 

“But we kiss? Play that little intimate game?” Yujin murmured in disbelief, feeling like she was about to break down. It really meant nothing to Minjoo? She was deceived by the woman’s deep, fond looks at her? By her sweet, genuine kisses that almost felt love?

 

Minjoo replied nervously, “Friends do that all the time.” She said that as if it was a matter of fact when in reality, friends never do that.

 

Yujin thought Minjoo was really getting irrational just so she could justify that her actions meant nothing. Firing back, Yujin asked bitterly, “So are you saying that you do it with Chaewon and Yuri? Do you imagine yourself doing that with them? Because I can’t do it with Wonyoung or Yena.” She was losing it.

 

It took a while for the CEO to answer. “...No. That’s disgusting.. But it’s because I grew up with them!” She reasoned out, getting pissed as well. Maybe because she was slowly realizing that she sounded foolish?

 

Yujin calmly fought back. “And I also grew up with Wonyoung so what’s the difference here? You’re getting ridiculous, Lady Kim.”

 

Minjoo pressed her lips together tightly, and she and Yujin stared at one another intently, so intense and deep. There was an obvious tension between them, the room became too eerie because of their little bickering.

 

“Why are you so mad?” asked Minjoo, squinting her eyes at Yujin.

 

Yujin did not bother to answer that and took a deep breath, asking something different.

 

“What am I really to you, Lady Kim?” Yujin asked instead, breathless. Almost hopeless and helpless as she desperately seeked for the answer.

 

Minjoo stared at her from her seat, trying to search something in her eyes. She hesitated, she opened yet she did not say anything yet. She closed it once more and bit her lower lip.

 

“...You’re just my employee. Mere employee of NIEVES. You’re no one to me.”

 

Yujin felt her world turn black. No one? Yujin was no one in Minjoo’s life? No one? A mere employee of her company? And that concluded everything then, that those stares, those smiles, those kisses. They all meant nothing but a game to Kim Minjoo. Yujin shouldn’t be too sad and disappointed but those feelings were understatement. She was feeling beyond that.

 

She wanted to run away, bury herself alive out of embarrassment. Why did she even let herself assume when she was dealing with Kim Minjoo? The cold, heartless, harsh, and emotionless woman who only knew how to manage her business and nothing more. She only saw other people as someone who was below her. People really do change.

 

Yujin slowly nodded, holding back her tears. “Huh, employee, no one? Okay then, boss.” She bitterly mumbled, and took a deep breath, meeting Minjoo’s eyes once more. She did not notice the guilt and regret in Minjoo’s eyes because tears were forming. She needed to get out of here. Her vision was getting blurry and she would never cry in front of the CEO. “Please, excuse me.”

 

And she ran away. Going back to her desk, and tried her best not to cry. Thank heavens that everyone was too busy to notice that Yujin was about to break down. She just focused on doing her work and once working hours were over, Yujin fled away, not even bothering to bid goodbye to her colleagues.

 

///

 

Yujin did not even go to work the next day. It was the first time ever throughout her long months working under NIEVES. She cried all day, all night. Wonyoung came over to comfort her, obviously worried for her friend. This was the first time Yujin ever loved someone, and the first time she got her heart broken so she was extra careful.

 

“I’ve been rooting for her because she genuinely makes you happy even though her actions can be questionable sometimes. Ouu, I’ll make sure to smack her once I see her! I don’t care if she’s filthy rich and owns a company! She made my best friend cry.” Wonyoung said, huffing as she comforted her friend who was sobbing but started to chuckle.

 

“Don’t, you might get sued.” Yujin lightly answered.

 

Wonyoung snorted and pinched her nose, “You just don’t want me to smack her and let her get hurt!” She said, and Yujin just giggled before sniffling loudly. With a sigh, she patted her friend’s back. “She really needs to get her game up. I know she grew into a bad, pressuring environment that made her suppressive and weird. However, that doesn’t excuse the fact that she hurt you.”

 

Wonyoung managed to comfort her but it wasn’t enough. Yujin just needed to cry it out and move on. She didn’t even touch her phone because the moment she got home last night, Minjoo bombarded her with messages and calls — of course, Yujin didn’t even bother to read or answer. She just turned it off.

 

The next day, Yujin did not also go to work, calling in sick that day as well. She just buried herself under the thick sheets, her nose was red, her eyes were puffy from all the crying.

 

It was ten in the morning when her aunt came into her room to check on her. “Seriously, what happened, Yujin? I know you’re not sick, honey.” She softly said, walking closer to her niece, eyeing her worriedly.

 

Yujin tried her best not to show her face. “I’m sick, auntie.” She firmly said in a weak tone.

 

“Hm? Or maybe you and Lady Minjoo got into an argument?” Her aunt said.

 

Yujin froze, and gulped, tucking herself inside the blanket further. Her aunt knew that she and Minjoo became closer, especially that the latter would often visit her house and would even give gifts to the old woman. “No. Why would we even fight?”

 

“Honey, it’s really normal to have arguments. For you to get upset with each other.” Aunt Heeda continued to blabber.

 

Gulping, Yujin shook her head in denial. “Auntie, we’re fine. We did not fight.” She whispered.

 

“If you both really did not fight then Lady Kim wouldn’t be in our living room, desperately asking to see you and looking so guilty like a kicked puppy.”

 

Yujin jolted up, sitting down as she stared at her auntie, wide-eyed. “What?” Her heart literally stopped.

 

Aunt Heeda smiled at her, “She’s waiting for you so fix yourself and fix whatever that has happened between the both of you. I’ll just go to the market. I’ll leave the two of you alone.” She said, and before Yujin could even say something, the elder woman rushed away.

 

Yujin slapped her forehead and groaned loudly. She was not ready to face Minjoo at all! She was even contemplating resigning out of shame and disappointment. She went out of her bed and ran towards the mirror in a haste, she fixed her messy hair and walked inside the bathroom to wash her tear-stained face to the sink.

 

When she came out of the bathroom, Minjoo was there, standing in the middle of her room awkwardly — eyeing her poster that Yujin had no heart to take down. Yujin gulped, and took a deep breath, stepping outside.

 

Minjoo absolutely looked dashing in her outfit, wearing a dark blue suit and pencil skirt, and her hair was properly tied. She was wearing Yujin’s extra fluffy bunny slippers. Yujin tried her best not to get swayed.

 

Minjoo turned around and their eyes met for the first time in a while. In contrast to Minjoo’s cold and guarded eyes two days ago — her eyes were soft and full of guilt. And it made Yujin’s poor shattered heart skip a beat. Damn it. She was still madly in love with this woman after all.

 

“Aunt Heeda told me to come into your room,” Minjoo said, she still looked so guarded.

 

Yujin nodded, she didn’t mind. She just walked towards her bed and sat there, refusing to look at her boss.

 

With a sigh, Minjoo her lower lip before saying, “You did not come to work for two days straight. We need you there, the launch is coming soon.” She said, her voice was sassy but soft.

 

Yujin let out a bitter chuckle. Of course, Minjoo was here to nag her after being absent for two days in the middle of busy times. “Sorry. I’ll come to work soon. I’m not feeling well,” She said, emotionless and cold. “You should go back to your office now, CEO Kim. They probably need you there now.” She added.

 

But much to Yujin’s shock, Minjoo sat down beside her, looking absolutely like a guilty puppy. Despite wearing that powerful suit that screamed, ‘powerful, badass, wealthy female CEO’ — her aura had no faint hint of authority, coldness, or sternness. Her smokey eyes were sparkling in regret, and her lips were puckering into a small pout.

 

“You’re mad at me.” Minjoo murmured, as if it wasn’t obvious enough.

 

Yujin just looked away, “Why would I be? I’m just a mere employee that’s working under your company.” She said, bitter.

 

Minjoo winced at her tone, sighing in defeat and guilt. She stood up and dashed out of Yujin’s room. Yujin blinked in confusion, thinking that Minjoo ran away but she was beyond astonished when the CEO came back, nervously holding a bouquet of flowers: orchids, hyacinths, and tulips.

 

Minjoo handed her the flowers and Yujin dumbfoundedly received it, confused and bewildered. The CEO sat down beside her, fiddling with her fingers. “I bought you some flowers and gifts. I also bought you some food.” She revealed, biting her lower lip.

 

Yujin felt her heart shimmer, starting to gradually light up and feel alive again after Minjoo left it broken into pieces a few days ago. She glanced at the flowers and turned to Minjoo again, flabbergasted. “W-What’s with these?” She asked, showing her the flowers.

 

This wasn’t the first time she received flowers in her life. She was good-looking, she was aware of that — she was slightly popular before in her school days, she received love letters, gifts, and flowers yet it wasn’t as impactful as these.

 

Minjoo shamefully looked at her, cheeks flushed. “I-I did some research on how to properly make it up to someone. And I, I just did it. I’m not good at apologies, I’m sorry.” She said, sighing to herself, “I’ve definitely made you upset and I’m unsure of what to do because I-I never felt this bad and guilty.” She murmured softly, her voice was breaking.

 

Yujin was in awe, just staring at Minjoo.

 

“I asked Chaewon and Yuri because I was helpless and unsure of what to do. I don’t want to things up even more.” Minjoo continued to ramble, nervous as she fiddled with her fingers. Her eyes frantically shoot towards Yujin before looking away in shame.

 

Yujin felt her lips start to turn into a smile but she held back. Was… Minjoo making an effort to make it up to her? Going to her house with flowers and gifts? To apologize? Oh my god. Minjoo looked so sincere as well, obviously regretting what she did a few days ago that made Yujin upset.

 

That instantly made Yujin feel better. She was no longer upset. This was what Yujin wanted anyway. Minjoo’s sincerity and guilt gave way but making an intensive effort like this easily won her heart, mending it slowly. She wouldn’t be able to get mad at Minjoo for long anyway, she was just taking her time to sulk and recover from shame and sadness.

 

But Yujin didn’t want to appear easy to get so she remained firm and stern, her facial expressions not showing what she was really feeling inside.

 

“You said some harsh words to me that day, Lady Kim.” Yujin calmly yet flatly said.

 

That made Minjoo panic. “I did not mean them, I’m sorry. Please, forgive me, Yujin-ah. I panicked, and I-I don’t know… I just realized how stupid I was when you stormed out of my office.” Minjoo stammered, and her eyes were sparkling, swirling in desperation and regret. She looked like she was about to break down. She looked vulnerable, and this was the first time Yujin ever witnessed this side of her.

 

Yujin decided to play along more, still looking upset and dismissive as she placed the flowers away but her heart was jumping in joy because Minjoo was able to apologize properly. “You did not mean it when you said that I’m just your employee and you’re my boss? But you said that I’m just no one to you.”

 

Minjoo was silent for a few seconds, just staring at Yujin. The silence made the latter’s face drop a little because she thought she would get the same answer as before but what Minjoo did next made Yujin astounded.

 

Minjoo scooted off the bed, kneeling down on the floor in front of Yujin as she reached for the woman’s hands. Minjoo looked so desperate and vulnerable that Yujin’s heart felt like it was getting poked by a needle. “You’re not just an employee to me, not a ‘no one’.” She whispered, pressing Yujin’s hand on her cheek, her lips quivering. “You’re more than that, Yujin. God, you’re more than that to me. I’m sorry for hurting you and telling you those insincere words. I’m such a fool who doesn’t know how to properly express her feelings.” She sobbed.

 

It was Yujin’s turn to panic, she tried to make Minjoo stand up because seeing her weeping like this on the floor was breaking her heart. “Lady Kim, please, stand up. Sit beside me. Let’s talk properly.” She softly cooed but Minjoo remained firm in her spot, sniffling.

 

“I can give whatever you want, Yujin. Just come back to work and stay close to me. I’ll do whatever that pleases you, just forgive me,” Minjoo pleaded, tearing up. “I can be whatever you want. Your dog? Your slave? I will gladly do it.”

 

Seeing the love of her life being like this was hurting Yujin, and so, she finally surrendered, taking pity on the woman for teasing her. She kneeled on the floor as well so she and Minjoo were on the same level. She held the CEO’s hand tightly while her other hand reached for Minjoo’s face, wiping her tears away.

 

“Don’t cry anymore, Minjoo,” Yujin hushed her down gently, “It pains my heart to see you like this. Stop crying and asking for forgiveness because I’m not mad at you anymore the moment you made an effort to see me.” She whispered, and gently pulled the crying woman into her arms, caging her in a warm and tight embrace.

 

Minjoo obviously calmed down, melting into the hug. She wrapped her arms around the taller woman’s figure as well. “I’m just… frustrated with myself. I’m so bad at this. I-I didn’t know how to subdue your anger to me that I…” She murmured against her shirt, her hug around her tightening. “I’m so scared that you would be forever mad at me. Hate me.”

 

Yujin smiled a little and pressed a subtle kiss on the side of Minjoo’s head. “I can’t be mad at you for too long. I was disappointed, yes, but it didn’t matter anymore because you apologized.” She said, and pulled Minjoo with her to the bed, sitting there and still hugging each other.

 

They broke the hug and Yujin gently held Minjoo’s face with her hands delicately, eyeing the woman with heart eyes. She was really in love with this woman, that she would happily catch the stars for her and put it inside her warm honey orbs. In her heart, Minjoo’s name was engraved on it.

 

“I will never hate you, even though you can be really questionable sometimes,” Yujin reassured her, and smiled at her sweetly, “I’m too in love to even loathe you for a second, Minjoo.” She confessed.

 

Minjoo’s eyes widened, and her lips quivered, almost looking like she was going to cry again. “I’m sorry for being too confusing and stupid,” Minjoo started to sob again, and Yujin tried to hush and calm her down. “I realized everything too late…” She whispered, holding Yujin’s hands that were cupping her face, staring deeply at her, wanting to dive into her eyes.

 

“The moment I saw you almost crying when I was being dishonest, the moment you ran away from my office that day, looking so hurt,” Minjoo started off with a sniffle, smiling at her as she was still crying like a baby. “I finally accepted my feelings. I was scared at first, Yujin. That’s why I denied everything, trying to convince myself that you’re no one.” She continued to ramble, and Yujin just listened, and stared at her with loving eyes.

 

“Yujin-ah, I couldn’t accept that you gained a huge spot in my life, an irreplaceable one. No one’s made me feel like what you are making me feel. You… made me feel so loved. And I started to slowly learn how wonderful you are,” Minjoo leaned in a little, pressing their foreheads together, biting her lower lip. “But after what happened? I was stricken by fear of losing you. I can’t afford that. I can’t. Not when I’m in love with you, and I only want you for this life and this world.”

 

And that was when Yujin’s heart exploded. The feelings were mutual, it came from Minjoo’s own mouth. It almost felt surreal but Yujin could perfectly feel Minjoo’s warmth, burning touch, her breath, the loud beating of her pulse. She could see the sparkles in Minjoo’s teary foxy eyes, the gold flecks in her honey irises. The way her eyelashes fluttered as she blinked. She could feel and see them all. Everything. Perfectly. At that moment.

 

It was reality.

 

Yujin leaned in for a kiss, just a quick one. Just to feel Minjoo’s lips against her. And she didn’t realize how much she missed them. It had been a while since they kissed because they were busy at work. And that happened. Kissing her again felt like the first time.

 

Minjoo was bewitched, in a daze as she stared at Yujin when the latter pulled away, patiently waiting for another kiss. So, Yujin did.

 

Yujin pulled Minjoo for another kiss, and this time, it was deeper and longer, more passionate, pouring their utmost feelings for one another that their hearts could even feel it through the quick rhythm of their kisses.

 

Minjoo bit Yujin’s lower lip, and the latter let out a small whimper, her hold around the CEO became tighter. The older woman then gently it before gliding the flat of her tongue against it, tasting her whole. Yujin shivered at how intense Minjoo’s kisses were but they were welcome.

 

They pulled away after, panting, and trying to recover. Yujin could only grin sheepishly at Minjoo, and with the most sincere tone she could ever muster, Yujin muttered; “I love you, Kim Minjoo.”

 

That made Minjoo smile like an idiot, leaning in closer to bump their noses together with a giggle. “I love you so much too, Ahn Yujin.”

 

Yujin’s heart bursted rainbows all over, and she felt like she was on cloud nine, her butterflies were raging. And there was absolutely no specific word that could describe her giddiness and happiness that very moment.

 

They stared at each other for a little while longer, smiling giddily at one another before Yujin asked in a small voice, “So, what are we now, Lady Kim?”

 

Minjoo kissed the corner of Yujin’s lips before answering, “We can be whatever you want, Yujin-ah.” She murmured, lovingly staring at her woman.

 

Yujin bit her lower lip, playing with Minjoo’s fingers. “Girlfriends?” She suggested, hopeful.

 

Minjoo beamed at that, loving what she heard. “That sounds perfect.” She replied instantly, pressing a kiss on Yujin’s lips. She murmured against her lips, “I’m your girlfriend, you’re my girlfriend now.” She gently bit Yujin’s lower lip once more, nipping it. “I’m yours, you’re mine.” She whispered possessively.

 

Yujin purred at the tone, holding Minjoo closer to her. Her Kim Minjoo.

 

///

 

Yujin continued to work the next day, obviously in a good mood. Everyone was very happy to see her, worried at her at first but Yujin just waved them off, telling them that she was very healthy now in a chirpy tone. Even them got weirded out because Yujin was never that happy before but they were glad for their friend.

 

After what happened yesterday, Minjoo and Yujin spent hours on the bed, just cuddling and murmuring sweet things to each other — stealing kisses as well. And when Aunt Heeda came home, the new couple confronted the elder woman and told about their relationship.

 

Heeda almost dropped the cake. But she was so happy to the point she wanted to throw a party, Yujin had to stop her. She never realized that there was something romantic going on but the aunt definitely felt that there was something fishy whenever Yujin would sleep over at Minjoo’s house for overtime work again.

 

Wonyoung immediately learned what happened, teasing Yujin. “Everything worked well, huh? That’s great, CEO Kim is stepping her game up. As she should.” She said, and threatened the CEO that if she ever made Yujin cry again she would smack her down without hesitation. Minjoo just nodded with a smile.

 

Chaewon and Yuri were ecstatic as well when Minjoo told them about what happened. They all knew what happened anyway, since they were the ones who Minjoo ran to when she was feeling helpless when Yujin was so upset at her.

 

“We were really beyond surprised when Minjoo asked to meet us and when we saw her, she looked like she was about to cry as she asked for some help on how to make it up to you. It was the first time ever! Yeah, we realized by then, Minjoo fell helplessly in love with you.” Yuri said, and she looked like she was in a salon since they were all in a video call only.

 

Chaewon pouted at the screen, “That’s too bad. Yujin is taken now. I can’t hit on her—”

 

Minjoo growled and kicked Chaewon out of the video call — eliciting a guffaw from Yuri.

 

And since then, everything felt more lively and happy. Yujin thought that she could no longer wish for something else now that she and Minjoo were in an official relationship.

 

The telephone rang and Aeri accepted the call, “Yes, CEO Kim?” Her eyes darted to Yujin, and it was the cue. “Understood.” She then hung up and smiled at Yujin. “Well, the Lady Boss is asking for you as usual.”

 

Yujin smiled back and gathered the reports, rushing towards the office but before she entered, she made sure to properly fix her hair and straightened her shirt. The CEO was there, with Yeji.

 

Minjoo looked annoyed as Yeji continued to pester her but ever since Yujin nagged at Minjoo before regarding her temperament and not to fire people without a valid reason — she never really did it anymore. She was way patient.

 

“Miss Hwang, I really can’t,” Minjoo refused, and massaged her temples. “Please, just fix my appointments. I have some reports to do.” She said, and Yeji’s face dropped, exiting the office to go to her desk outside.

 

Yujin could only smirk and hand the reports to Minjoo, who — by the way — lit up when she saw her girlfriend. “Hey there, beautiful,” Minjoo complimented with a wolfish grin. “Nice outfit.”

 

Yujin rolled her eyes playfully. She was actually wearing Minjoo’s clothes since she slept over at her house last night. “Why, thank you, my girlfriend lent it to me.” She answered, playing along.

 

Minjoo flipped through the papers with a smirk, “It suits you so much. I love seeing you wear what I own.” Minjoo said, and Yujin blushed a little, chuckling.

 

Yujin stared at the CEO as if she didn’t sleep with her last night, took a bath together, ate breakfast with her earlier, and drove towards their workplace together. She loved admiring her girlfriend anyway.

 

After scanning the reports, Minjoo looked satisfied, and Yujin was about to excuse herself and continue working since it was another hectic day as well when Minjoo immediately called her, “Stay a little longer.” She said, standing up from her desk and grabbed her lover’s wrist, dragging her to the couch.

 

They sat there and Minjoo clung to her, “I missed you.”

 

Yujin chuckled, “We were literally together just earlier?” She pointed out.

 

Minjoo whined, “But I still miss you! You don’t miss me?” She looked like a sad fox. She could be really a kid sometimes.

 

“Of course, I do miss you as well but we have work.” Yujin gently said, lightly patting Minjoo’s cheek.

 

Minjoo grinned foolishly when Yujin said that before pushing her to the couch, slowly climbing on top of her which made the alarms in Yujin’s head blare. “Lady Kim?” She frantically called out, glancing at the door.

 

“It’s locked, don’t worry.” Minjoo reassured, her voice was low and huskier which made Yujin gulp, crawling on top of her.

 

Yujin sighed, and shivered but she s her hands on Minjoo’s hips anyway. “We’re both busy, Lady Kim.” She murmured but Minjoo looked like she didn’t care about that when she leaned down to press a brief kiss on Yujin’s lips.

 

“Just a few minutes with you won’t hurt, yes?” Minjoo reasoned out, mumbling against her lips, her hands sliding on Yujin’s chest, ing her shirt.

 

Yujin could only chuckle nervously but she let Minjoo do whatever she wanted anyway — she was a huge loser for the CEO anyway. She was the boss of her.

 

“Relax, no one will see us. We won’t let them see us.” Minjoo reassured her softly, leaving trails of kisses on Yujin’s jaw that made the latter shiver, clutching on Minjoo’s blazer tightly.

 

Yujin bit her lower lip, staring at her lover. “I thought no scandalous acts in the office, CEO Kim?” asked the younger woman in a hushed tone, almost a whisper.

 

Minjoo smirked at her, looking arrogant and carefree. Yujin loved that look in Minjoo, truthfully. She looked extra attractive like that.

 

Minjoo’s lithe, slender fingers moved from ing her shirt to her chin, holding it as she looked down at her younger lover beneath her with eyes that were ready to devour her. She leaned down a little, whispering to her ear, and Yujin felt herself smiling, biting her lower lip.

 

“I can change that rule easily, for you and us, my love.” Minjoo whispered, and moved to kiss Yujin on the lips sweetly, not getting enough of her.

 

“Because I’m the CEO, I’m the boss of every single soul in this company.”

 

///

 

A/N: anddd that’s the end of this piece of fluff! huge thanks again to the one who commissioned me, @ jt1025_jj711 ! i hope you guys enjoyed it, really because damn, i enjoyed writing this one a lot~~ please, watch gap the series and make sure to comment you thoughts! thank u!