Chapter - 16

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

I just hung up the group video call with girls. Our SHY video got a lot of viewers and subscribers in few days unexpectedly. So, they are congratulating us. Everyone joined the video calls except Jessica. She must be busy.

 

I miss her. It’s been few days since the time she stopped by at the gym. That day I was surprised. I didn’t expect to see her at the gym holding ice americano. I was so touched and happy. The way she is smiling at me while holding ice americano made my heart flutter as I felt butterflies in my stomach.

 

I am playing some notes on my guitar as I wrote down some lyrics when I heard the message notification on my phone.

 

‘Jagi ah, congratulation <3. I told you that I believe in you, right? 😊’ – Ice Princess

 

It’s from Jessica. My ice princess. She has always late reaction than everyone else. She’s interesting and unique.

 

‘Thank you, Sica ah. What are you doing? I miss you’ – Yuri


‘I just done studying. I am hungry’ – Ice princess

 

‘Shall we go grab burger? I will pick you up in 15 minutes’ – Yuri

 

‘I love it’ – Ice princess

 

I smiled when I saw her reply as I got up from seat and grabbed the car key. It’s 11:30 pm. I called her when I arrived. After few minutes later, she came out with her pink hoodie 2 pieces set. She looks so cute with that.

 

“I successfully sneaked out”


She chuckled while holding as I laughed along. I gave her a hug. I miss her. The small girl fit into my embrace really well.

 

“Are you tired?”

 

I asked while patting her hair as she nodded like a kid. Maybe I miss her a lot, I keep peeking at her like every 5 minutes and I couldn’t stop myself form smiling. She is talking about her days and her projects. She is like complaining how tired she is. It’s cute.

 

“Do you want fries?”
 

I asked to Jessica as she nodded. We ordered drive-thru and then parked at the parking lot of nearest parks. I opened the sunroof of my car as we ate in the car. She’s wearing the hood of her hoodie which makes her cute.

 

“Ketchup”

 

I said as I opened the ketchup and put it on her fries.

 

“Thank you”

 

She smiled at me. She looks so hungry. We shared the drink. I took out my phone and took a photo of her.

 

“You look so cute”

 

I said while staring at her photo.

 

“Let’s do selfie”

 

She said as we took selfie together then she took photo of me. We are giggling while looking at the photo together.

 

“The moon is full and beautiful today. I wanna sit on the roof”

 

Jessica said as I agreed with her. We climbed to the roof of my car from the sunroof. We were sitting together on the roof side by side. The moon is really beautiful and fully smiling at us. And…she is. I was staring at her side face who is complaining about the random things. It’s like a beautiful picture. I unconsciously bend by body to her as I kissed on her cheek. She looks surprised. I am too. I think I did a big mistake. Why did I do that?

 

I couldn’t look at her after that. But she didn’t respond anything, so I peek at her. She is reacting the same as me. She looks shy and I can see her red ears. And…smiling. That moment was really awkward.

 

“Yuri”

 

She called me as I nervously turned to her. She was smiling. Her hand grabbed mine and intertwined hand with me then took them on her laps. It made me bend my body to her a little bit.

 

“What did you do today?”

 

Jessica asked me with smile as she continued.

 

“Will you mad at me too if I ask you that?”

 

She’s comparing with Taeyeon and Tiffany incident. I smiled staring at my best friend. She is staring at the sky this time. I took back our hands to my lap as I hold our hands with my other hand. Since I dragged her to my side, she is leaning toward me.

 

“I wanted to tell you about my day. Why would I mad?”

 

I answered while looking at her eyes as I continued.

 

“I did vocal training for Taeyeon in the morning, and I showed her my song.  Then I went to class and met with Sunny and Hyoyeon about the project. I went to gym in the lunch time to work out. Yoona came with me. SHY meeting after that. Tiffany came along with Sooyoung and said she wants to be fourth member of SHY and Make it SHYT. Then I went back home continuing my final project. And then I played guitar until you text me. Is it enough?”

 

I as she giggled and nodded.

 

“So, you met with other girls except me”

 

She pouted.

 

“I am with you now”

 

I replied while staring at her pout face which is so cute.

 

“You wouldn’t come to me if I don’t text you. Is Taeyeon okay now?”

 

She asked about Taeyeon. I heard from Taeyeon that she supported her the other day.

 

“She is surprised by the new side you showed her that day. She’s thankful to you and now she decided to tell the group about the singing thing”

 

I said as she looked satisfied and proud. She always looks cold, so people don’t really know she has that soft side and warm heart. But I know how fragile she is and how kind she can be, maybe that’s why I am falling for her.

 

“Yul…can I listen to the song you wrote?”

 

She suddenly asked me as she is so curious. This is how she is. She can jump from one topic to another very quickly. You need to catch up with her to understand.

 

“I am planning to show you after the song is completed but I have prerecorded version we made in the morning”

 

I took out my earphones from my hoodie pocket as I plugged in with my phone then we wear one each. The moon light, the sharing earphone, the written song, and the pretty girl. That’s so complete.

 

‘Pretty season passing a fragrant road

My cautious footsteps, I’m nervous

When you come closer while smiling for me

It feels like all the happiness in this world is mine’

 

Sweet voice of Taeyeon came through our ears. It’s the song I wrote when I saw her at the gym that day smiling. She is gazing at me while listening. I am so nervous since this is the first time I show her this song and especially when it’s about her.

 

‘It’s still my far future but I hope you won’t let go off my hands

You must have changed due to time, but I hope you won’t let go off my hands

Just for love, forever I hope my last love is you.

 

To make my life complete

You make my life complete’

 

The song ended. I felt like I just confess my feelings to her. She is smiling brightly beside me.

 

“That’s really good. I love the song. Omg…you are really cool. It's so beautiful. Have you decided the title?”

 

She is praising me as I feel like a happy kid.

 

“Really? Yes, the title is ‘Complete’.”

 

“Yul ah, do you have anything that you can’t do? Why are you so perfect?”

 

She said while leaning her head on my shoulder. We are still holding hand. Then she took my phone and clicked repeat button. Sweet voice of Taeyeon came into our ears again. I leaned my head back on her head.

 

You make my life complete, Sica.

 

P.S Song - Complete (SNSD)