Exhausted

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

"Yujin-ssi, finish up." I took over the suturing, standing where the lead surgeon was.

The whole time I was observing, all I did was stare at the clock. We're almost done with the replacement of a skull for this patient.

My hands were working fine till they started to tremble slightly. I controlled them, not knowing why this is happening when I'd done this many times.

"What are you doing?" Hyewon whispered. Perhaps she noticed.

She swiftly took over when I started to space out. Why do I feel so tired?

"What's wrong with you?" she asks, hands skillfully stitching up the patient's laceration. "You've been out of it recently. Why, has someone rejected you?"

"No..."

She shook her head in disappointment. "I'll get going first."

"Why the rush?"

I had the nurses take off everything. "I have something to do." I quickly walked out the door and washed my hands.

I need to talk to her. And by her, I mean Chaewon. I need to know what's happening on her side based on Minju's words.

She saw whatever she did, it only confirms everything.

But why would Chaewon do this? It's not who she is, that's not the Chaewon I know.

She studied so hard to become who she is now without the help of anyone. She wanted to be a doctor who was authentic, who saves lives despite the patient's status.

If there were two patients who came in the ER at the same time, one VIP and one not, she would help the one who's in a more critical situation even though there's a policy that VIP patient's come first.

But why? Why is she the one doing this to Minju?

I took one final breath before knocking on her office door. Throughout the whole surgery earlier, I was distracted by the potential reasons Chaewon is doing all this.

I heard her voice before entering. "Don't you have surgery?" she glanced at the clock.

I sat on the chair in front of her desk. "I came to talk to you unnie."

"Talk to me? What do we have to talk about?" she's acting really weird now. Every time I enter her office, she'll be open to questions or anything I bring up.

"Why are you doing this?" I breathed out.

"Doing what?"

"Be honest with me unnie." I leaned forward just a little, examining her body posture.

"About what?" she chuckles, fingers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter