Can't Help Falling In Love

I Wanna Be Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

“The new employee wants to meet you.” Miss Choi says through the intercom and I wait for her.

“You can go in.” I thank her and bow.

 

I knock at the door nervously.

“Come in.” I close the door slowly. She wears a beige suit looking good as usual. Her eyes on the computer. I also notice that she wears glasses. How can this cute girl be GrumpyTaeng?

“Miss Kim. Here’s the reports from the Media Team.” I hand her the documents. She takes it and I can see that her fingers are long and slender.

“Okay. Thank you.” She says and I was going to exit her room when she stops me. “Wait.” Does she recognize me?

“What is this?” She frowns at the documents. “Pardon?” I raise my eyebrows. “Who told you to do the report like this?” Oh no. Am I going to face GrumpyTaeng now?

My eyes blinking rapidly. “I-I just did like Mr. Ok told me.” Now, she looks me. Her jaw clenched. I gulp. How can she be so hot when she’s angry? Jessica, are you out of your mind? Get yourself together!

She sighs. “It’s okay. Since it’s only your first week here. Don’t do the same mistake next time. You can go.” She puts the documents aside. “I apologize, Miss Kim.” I bow 90 degrees at her. I should ask Boa for the report at the first place. Ugh, I thought she recognized me. Maybe she just following back my account on Instagram. It’s a fake hope.

“Miss Kim.”

“Yes. Is there anything else?” She looks at me again. God, help me.

It’s now or never. “Y-You should check your Instagram message.” I say in one breath.

“What? Instagram?” She frowns and stops what she’s been doing. “I’m s-sorry. Just forget it. Thank you, Miss Kim.” I bow again at her, feels embarrassed at myself. I quickly go out from her room and close the door. “Why? Why your mouth so easily said that?” I squint my eyes and hit my mouth twice.

“Are you okay, Jessica?” I notice Miss Choi staring at me concern. “Y-Yes. I’m okay, Miss Choi.” I smile awkwardly at her. She must be thinking that I’m an idiot.

“Sooyoung.”

“Uh?”

“Just call me Sooyoung. No need to be formal with me.” I smile, nodding at her suggestion.

 

“So, you tell me that Miss Kim doesn’t throw the documents?” Boa asks me, her eyes widen. I nod, answering her question.

“Wow. You’re lucky. She must be in a good mood or else.” She imitates the way Taeyeon would throw the documents and shakes her head. I giggle at her.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

"What's wrong with her?"

I lean on my chair. Today, my mom will back from Japan and I’m so happy to meet her. It's been five years since my mother last visited. She is in charge of our company's operations in Japan. My father travelled to Japan frequently. However, I did not have the opportunity to do so. And I miss her so much.

“Taeyeon. Let’s go.” Sooyoung pushed the door and peeks inside. It’s time for us to go to the airport.

 

At the Airport

“Umma!” I wave excitedly to my mom. “Taeyeon-ah. Umma miss you.” She hugs me tightly and kiss my cheek.

“Aigoo Sooyoung. You’re so tall since the last time I saw you. Why don’t you give some of your height to Taeyeon?” She hugs Sooyoung too. “Ummaaa.” I whine at her and I can see Sooyoung giggles next to me. “Let’s go, Eomeonim.” Sooyoung brings us to the car.

 

In The Car

“When are you going to date someone?” My mom asks me, breaking the silence. She sits next to me while Sooyoung sits in front next to the driver. “You’re just like Sooyoung.” I chuckles as I recall Sooyoung's question before. “Why? I want to see my daughter get married.”

“Umma. I’m only 23 years old. I'm not seeing anyone and I don't plan to.” And I had no intention of marrying anyone in the years ahead. At least not now.

“But I’m not that young anymore, Taeyeon.”

“How long you’ll be in Korea?” I ask her, avoiding the question about dating someone.

“Four months.”

“Four? Only four months?” I show her my four fingers. I feel sad that she’s only spending her time in Korea for a short period even it’s been a long time since she’s here.

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon. Can’t leave the work in Japan for too long.” Then, she calls me. “Taeyeon.”

“Yes.” I look at her. She holds my hands and looks at me worriedly. “You should eat a lot. You become so skinnier.”

“Okay.” I reply to her shortly. The last time I weigh myself I was 42kg and I believe my weight is decreasing. I look at the window, enjoying the ride. Suddenly, I remember the girl at my office earlier. Instagram? What wrong with my Instagram? I grab my phone and open the app.

*

Jessica Jung? When did I follow her? No wonder she looks familiar. And I realize that she' been replying to one of my story. I didn't realize it before since I only reply to Sooyoung messages.

*

I chuckle at my own reply. What’s with the emojis, Taeyeon? Maybe I'm in a good mood right now. Or is it the time that I should try something new.

“Oh. What with that smile?” My mom asks me. How long since she’s been looking at me? “Nothing.” I quickly put my phone. Feels shy that she noticed me smiling over someone. “Nothing? You were smiling when you’re texting them.”

“Are you dating someone without our knowing, Tae?” Sooyoung turns her back around to me. “No-You’re not helping me, Sooyoung.” I glare at her and both of them giggle at me.

 

At Jungsis's Home

Jessica’s POV

“AAAAAAA!” I shriek as I open my Instagram.  “Unnie, are you crazy?” Krystal looks me in disbelief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter