Blueberry Dreams

Jeti Drabbles - May Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Fluff, established relo, right before meeting the parents, Tiffany-strawberry trope, 700~

Love tastes like strawberries to Jessica. 

 

“What are you doing?” Tiffany asks from the kitchen.

 

“Reading,” Jessica responds, snapping her head back down to the book layed out in front of her. She quickly flips it around upon realizing it was upside down and acts as if she had always been extremely engrossed in whatever story it is telling. 

 

“Right,” comes her response and Jessica can hear it in her tone that Tiffany knew she totally had not been. Still, she doesn’t press on and asks instead, “So we’re still on for tonight?” 

 

“Yep. We’ll have to leave at 6:30 pm.” 

 

“Should I bring anything else?” 

 

It’s not unusual for Tiffany to completely change the conversation, especially if she’s nervous, and the girl has been picking away at a new box of strawberries that the two had just bought earlier in the day. 

 

“You don’t need to bring anything, Tiff. My family knows you quite well. You used to go visit all the time.”

“I know, but it’s different now. I wasn’t dating their firstborn back then.” 

 

“What era are you from? It’s not like you need to present a dowry for my hand or, I don’t know, convince my parents to let go of their firstborn like you’re Rumpelstiltskin.”

“I know, I know, but like, I should bring something, right? It’s the culture, and polite, and just the better thing to do, no?”

“Tiffany,” Jessica says from the couch, placing her book flat down on her lap. “My parents love you, you know that. Sometimes even more than me, I think,” she grumbles, which elicits a laugh from Tiffany. 

 

Jessica doesn’t realise, but hearing Tiffa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter