Chapter 2 - Down Right Gorgeous

Part of Me (will always be yours)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

 

It’s your free time and here you are, standing from the distance, watching Yena and someone from Ares Cabin duel. Is it Mark? You aren’t sure, you’ve been here at the camp for two weeks now and the only ones you know are your siblings and some campers from other cabins. One of them is Yena, who keep on dragging you with her at Bunker 9. Maybe, that’s the reason why you know very few campers here. Because you spend your time holed up in that cave watching and sometimes talking to Yena.

You suddenly recalled that day where the two of you nearly died because Yena created a bomb and accidentally activated it. Good thing Hephaestus seems to be keeping an eye on her daughter cause the bomb diffuse on its own. After that, Yena admitted that it happens all the time, her projects just disappear when it was too dangerous for her. You’re starting to think that maybe Yena low-key wanted to die, she keeps on creating dangerous projects, and now she challenged a guy from Ares cabin on a sword fight.

You winced when the guy from Ares Cabin smack Yena with the back of his sword on her face causing her to collapsed. A collective gasped can be heard from the bystanders. It seems like she’s been badly hit cause Yena remained lying. The Ares guy is just about to give Yena another jab when someone stopped him and by someone, you mean it’s the Head Counselor.

 

“That’s enough, Mark” she said walking towards the center of the Combat Arena “I think you’ve already made your point” she continued pointing at Yena who is struggling to stand up

 

Mark huffed and walked away stomping his feet seemingly unsatisfied with the fight. You complimented yourself for getting his name right. Though, you can’t help but shake your head watching his retreating figure, Ares kids are scary and violent. You’ve seen how Romans are trained, just to gain an approval from Lupa is already hell and yet you find this Ares kids scary, imagine if they train at Camp Jupiter. You shiver at the thought.

 

“Yujin,” You turned to the person calling you “can you help me bring Yena to the infirmary?” she asks

 

“Anything for you, Minjoo~” you answered walking towards her and Yena at the center of the arena

 

You studied Yena’s figure and stifled a laughed

 

“Found something funny, Ahn?” Yena said

 

“Yes,” you answered with a smirk “You, stupid duck”

 

“You really just stood there and watch her get beaten up?” Minjoo said looking at you annoyed

 

“Why do I feel like you’re blaming me?” You ask quirking your brow

 

“I'm not blaming you," Minjoo countered "I'm just asking why you let her get beaten up"

 

"You know how stubborn Yena is," You said throwing a deadly glare to Yena, because now you are getting blamed for her stupid antics "She told me that I shouldn't intervene"

 

Minjoo sighed and turned to Yena

 

"What in Hades is wrong with you?" she asks exasperatedly

 

"Before you give me lecture, can just help me first and bring me to infirmary?" Yena said rolling her eyes

 

You helped Yena get on her feet, with you on her right and Minjoo on her left. You half walked, half dragged her to infirmary.

 

Yuri is the first one who spotted the three of you when you entered the infirmary.

 

"Again?" She said shaking her head "This is like the 3rd time this week that you got admitted to the infirmary, Yena"

 

"I think she kind of wanted to die," Minjoo said, eyeing her injured friend

 

"Or maybe she's just plain dumb" Yuri grumbles

 

She’s clearly annoyed yet she still tended on Yena's wounds. Giving her a shot of nectar and ambrosia, the wonder food of gods. Apollo cabin are the ones assigned at the infirmary, with their dad being the god of medicine.

 

"Yujin?” you turned to the source of the voice and saw Wonyoung who just came in “What are you doing here?"

 

"Accompanying a friend," You answered, pointing at Yena

 

"I'll go now, I hate being here." Minjoo said, scanning the infirmary "And please stop getting yourself killed Yena" she added, before walking out of the building

 

You watch her retreating figure, wondering why she hates the infirmary and wondering why she didn't even thank you. Not that you did something great except helping her in bringing Yena here, but it somehow irks you that she didn’t acknowledge you.

 

"What's with her?" Wonyoung ask

 

"She hates being at infirmary because it reminds her of Chaewon," Yuri replied, while still tending to wounded Yena

 

"Why?" you ask curiously "Did she… perhaps die in here?" you said hesitantly while looking around

 

"No silly, Chae is still very much alive and breathing" Yuri chuckled "She was the Counselor of Apollo Cabin, so naturally infirmary reminds Minjoo of Chaewon"

 

You can’t help but wonder if they are together or if something is going on between them. It seems like there is.

 

"Where is she now?" You ask again, better feed your curiosity now while there's still source available. You hate how the inner Aphrodite kid in you wants to know more about it.

 

"At your camp," Yuri replied with a sigh "She's one of the exchanged campers, together with Sakura and Miya"

 

"I thought cabin counselors aren't allowed to be part of the exchange?" you are about to ask the same question but Wonyoung beat you to it.

 

“Well, when she heard that there will be an exchanged between camps, Chaewon stepped down from being the Counselor,” this time it’s who Yena answered, she looks a lot better now "She stepped down and passed it to Yuri"

 

Another set of questions pop into your mind, but you know that Yena and Yuri won't be giving anything other than that information. Seems like Wonyoung figured it out too because she gave you a knowing look before entering one of the rooms. There’s nothing else to do in the infirmary so, you bid them goodbye and went to your cabin. Lying down on your bed, you realized that during your stay here you never really had a chance to hang out with Minjoo.

She's hard to find in this camp, she seems so busy all the time. There are times she'll stop by at Bunker 9, but only because she wants to check the works of Hephaestus cabin, checking blueprints and some of her designs. She rarely appears at meal, and sing along or even campfire. Even Winter have been ranting how much she misses Minjoo.

During your stay at this camp one thing you discovered is that only 2 campers from Aphrodite Cabin gets along with Minjoo, Winter since she treats her as sister and Hyewon your cabin Counselor, who just came back a week ago from a quest. Now, after hearing what Yuri said you suddenly felt the urge to get close to Minjoo, there's a mysterious aura that surrounds her.

One of the pros of being your mother's child is that you are sensitive to emotions, whether yours or other people's emotions. Aphrodite's children are empathetic, maybe because your mom is the goddess of love. You heard the sound of the blowing horn from the outside, indicating that it's time for dinner. You wonder just how long have you been here lying and thinking that you didn't realized that it's already time for dinner.

 

"Yujin, it's dinner time," Hyewon said, pulling you from your bed "Let's go."

 

You get along with Hyewon pretty well, she immediately warm up to you after she came back from the quest unlike your other siblings who are kind of aloof towards you. It doesn’t really bother you though, on the contrary you are quite thankful for that.

 

"I'm not in the mood to eat right now," You replied, refusing to be dragged out from your bed.

 

Hyewon stopped pulling you, instead she looked at you studying you may be wondering what's wrong.

 

"I'm fine, Hyewon." You added, assuring her "I just prefer to sleep right now."

 

Hyewon released an unimpressed sighed and turned to Winter, who are also still on her bed

 

"Fine, Winter let's go" She said, calling out her sister

 

Winter immediately got up and the two of them walked out of the cabin, leaving you alone. Hyewon and Winter are sisters like they have the same father and mother so like, real sisters. You are grateful that they respect your decision to skip dinner tonight. You are honestly not in the mood to eat right now, but also not in the mood to sleep. So, instead of sleeping you got up, put on your hoodie and grabbed your Tommy Hilfiger cap before going out of the cabin.

You walked aimlessly and found yourself at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter