Chapter 9 - The Tiger Strikes

My Lover in the Alternate Dimension

Haikuan turned to Mr. Soh with a more stern face, "What happened?!" 

"I only asked Xiao Zhan to buy some medicine, I had no idea that it would rain and that he did not bring an umbrella with him." Mr. Soh defended himself, as though he had been accused. 

Haikuan nodded turning back to Xiao Zhan in his arms, hugging him tighter and bringing him as close as possible to warm his shivering body up. 

"It's not your fault. I'm going to bring Xiao Zhan to the storage room to change his wet clothes." Haikuan told Mr. Soh, lifting Xiao Zhan up in bridal style. 

Finally the other employees had noticed Xiao Zhan's state and came rushing over. 

"Oh my, Xiao Zhan, are you okay?" one employee asked.

"He looks really sick! I think we should take him to the hospital." another chirped in.

Kai and Sehun came rushing over the second they caught a glimpse of their friend.

"Zhanie, what happened? Are you hurt?" Kai asked the unconscious Xiao Zhan and Sehun smacked the back of his head for being so dumb to ask an unconscious person about the situation.

"Where is Luhan?" Haikuan asked Sehun and Luhan, knowing that Luhan was Xiao Zhan's best friend. 

"He and Tao went out to send a document to the Finance Department." Kai replied with a worried look. 

Haikuan, with Xiao Zhan in his arms, was now the center of attention and therefore he would not be able to help Xiao Zhan undress. 

This was because everyone was following him due to their concern for Xiao Zhan, and Haikuan was definitely not going to take Xiao Zhan's clothes off in front of everyone.

"I'll take him." a voice behind Haikuan spoke up. 

Haikuan whirled around with Xiao Zhan and came face to face with Wang Yi Bo. 

Without being able to protest, Wang Yi Bo lifted Xiao Zhan from Haikuan's arms and walked towards his office. 

Wang Yi Bo shut the doors to his office and made the glass wall, that revealed the insides of his office, opaque blocking the sight of any curious onlookers. 

Silence hung in the office like sheets as all the employees  stared at each other in confusion. 

Someone who was twitching in anger had to break the silence, 

"God damm it! I have never left the office during my work time for the past week to witness drama and nothing happened. However, NOW. I was literally gone for 7 minutes. Only 7 minutes, and I missed the drama I had been waiting for since a week." 

Luhan shouted in frustration shocking everyone in the office from the sudden noise. 

His comment cause the workers to resume to their conversations and the normal volume of the office was brought back. 

Some went back to work while others discussed about the event that had just occurred. 

Haikuan was still standing in the same position from the time Xiao Zhan had been 'stolen' from his arms by Wang Yi Bo. 

Luhan, who had finally calmed down, walked over to him and patted him on the back. 

"Haikuan-ge, don't be too sad. It's okay. Here's a hug." 

Luhan slightly hugged Haikuan from the side to comfort him. 

When Haikuan finally realised that Luhan was hugging him he quickly detached Luhan's limbs from him and shot him a playful, disgusted glare. 

"Eww go away! You're creepy." 

Haikuan quickly ran to his workplace, in hope not to be followed by the weird man. 

Luhan shrugged his shoulders and spun around walking away, no doubt to annoy Sehun or Kai. 

Just as he was making his way towards Kai's desk he halted...

"Oh my god, I forgot about Xiao Zhan...he's in Wang Yi Bo's office. How could I forget about him? What if Wang Yi Bo can't control himself and..." 

Luhan did not allow his train of thoughts to continue. 

He changed his target destination, Kai's desk, to his boss's office and scrambled over to Wang Yi Bo's office as fast as he could.

 

 

This is a short chapter but it was updated quite fast because of that. Thank you for reading! Please don't forget to leave a vote. :)