The Wedding

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sir, I’m a bit nervous ‘bout being here today

Still not real sure what I’m going to say

 

We were in the living room of your house, sitting while you were holding my shaking hands. I was so nervous that time, and It’s funny because it’s not like it was the first time I went inside your house, nor was it the first time that I will be meeting your parents. But still, my hands won’t stop shaking as I was very nervous. I was looking down, hands still shaking and I kept on letting out a deep sigh when you suddenly told me something to ease my nervousness.

“I love you” you said while the smile that I love so much appeared on your beautiful face. And all it took was just 3 words, 3 words and all the nervousness I felt suddenly disappeared.

I continued holding your hand, playing with it in the process of waiting for your parents to come down. And when they did, I suddenly couldn’t speak anymore. My nervousness came back, my hands were sweaty, and lips quivered due to too much nervousness.

 

So bear with me please

If I take up too much of your time

 

“Mr. Kim” I said while offering my hand to shake it with his, and gladly, he accepted it. I bowed down a little and I heard him chuckle afterwards.

“Why so serious Yujin-ah?” he said with a smile plastered on his face.

I just smiled nervously while you exchanged greetings with your dad.

“Your mom will be down in a minute. While waiting, should we take a sit first?”

The 3 of us sat down while waiting for Mrs. Kim to come down. After awhile when your mom finally came down, we had a little conversation about how was work doing for both of us. We continued chatting when your dad suddenly asked a question that brought my nervousness back

“So Yujin-ah, why are we all gathered here today? Is there any special occasion?”

 

But you see in this box is a ring for your oldest

She’s my everything, and all that I know is

It would be such a relief

If I knew that we were on the same side

 

“Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, I came here today to formally ask for your blessing. I’ve been thinking about proposing to Minju for quite awhile now, and I finally got to asked her last night. I felt like asking for your blessing for our marriage is the right thing to do. I will try my very hardest to make her happy everyday. I might have a lot of shortcomings, but I will try hard to give her the life she deserves. You don’t have to worry anymore. Because I promise to take care of your princess, as I make her my queen.” I finished my sentence with a smile on my face and reached out to hold your hands. You smiled at me and the tears in your eyes were threatening to fall so I held your hand tighter. I looked up to your father only to be greeted by an expression I couldn’t read. And with that, my smile was replaced by a nervous one.

 

'Cause very soon I'm hoping that I

Could marry your daughter

And make her my wife

I want her to be the only girl

That I love for the rest of my life

And give her the best of me 'til the day that I die, yeah

 

“Yujin-ah” Your father called me with an unreadable expression which made me feel nervous again.

“Yujin from now on, don’t call us Mr. And Mrs. Kim anymore. Call us mom and dad from now on” Your father said while giving me a genuine smile. After hearing what he just said, I couldn’t be any happier.

“Take care of her Yujin. I know she may be clumsy at times, but I hope you won’t get tired of her clumsiness. I hope you treat her like a queen every single day, because it’s what she deserves. Make sure to take care of our princess, or else, I’ll be taking her away from you if you don’t”

 

I’m gonna marry your princess

And make her my queen

She’ll be the most beautiful bride that I’ve ever seen

I can’t wait to smile

As she walks down the aisle

On the arm of her father

On the day that I marry your daughter

 

“I promise, sir- ...I mean dad” I said and hugged him. You also went to your mom when you saw her crying and gave her a tight hug. I also gave your mom a hug as she congratulated us.

“We’ll be expecting grandkids soon from both of you” Dad said and let out a light chuckle.

“Dad!” You groaned in annoyance

“What sweetie? It’s eventually gonna happen soon. I’d like at least 2 grandkids by the way”

“Soon dad, we’ll get there” I told him and he offered me a high five

“both of stop teasing me” you said and pouted. We spent the rest of the day full of laughter.

I can’t wait to marry the love of my life. I can’t wait to marry you, Kim Minjoo.

 

She’s been here every step since the day that we met

(I’m scared to death to think of what would happen if she ever left)

 

It was 3 days before our wedding day and everything has been done and only needs to be finalized before the big day comes. We’re currently in your house because we agreed that before our wedding day, we should at least spend time with our parents. Yesterday we went to my house and my mom thought you how to make tteokbokki the way I like it, while I bond with my dad. And now, we’re in your house bonding with your parents, you’re cooking with your mom while I was helping your dad on gardening. While we were outside gardening you went out with your mom to gave us snacks, and then I saw you drinking a box of apple juice, which reminded me of the first time we met. I remembered every single thing like it was just yesterday.



FLASHBACK

 

Right after their class ended, Kim Minjoo can be seen in front of the vending machine of their school's lounge.

“Ah yes, finally!” She exclaimed while eyeing the last box of apple juice on the vending machine. She was about to insert her money inside the machine when someone suddenly beat her on doing it. She looked up to see someone already drinking her favorite apple juice, and because of that, she got mad and practically yelled at the said stranger.

“YAH! WHY DID YOU DRINK THAT HUH?! THAT’S MINE!” A very angry Kim Minjoo said.

“hmm let me see” the stranger said and looked at the bottom of the box to see if there was any name written on it.

“are you sure about that? I don’t see any name on it” the stranger said while giving her a teasing smile which annoyed her more.

Minjoo couldn't take it anymore, she was beyond annoyed. And with a heavy heart, she decided to just go home and mourn for the apple juice she couldn't have. Walking away, she heard the stranger laugh, which annoyed her more than she already is. She walked faster and finally reached the gate of their school.

 

"YO YUJIN" She turned around and was greeted by her friends. Kang Hyewon, Choi Yena, Lee Chaeyeon, and Kim Chaewon, they're quite famous and people call them the 'suspenderz'.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING ALL BY YOURSELF? HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY?" She hissed because of the overly dramatic question asked by none other than Choi Yena

"I think you're the crazy one here, Yena" She stated which made her friend pout

"I agree with her, you're the crazy one Yena" Hyewon agreed with what she just said

"tsk. Anyways, Ahn Yujin why were you laughing by yourself just now?" Yena asked again while grabbing herself a drink from the vending machine

"hmm, from the looks of it, I think she just annoyed another student" Chaeyeon stated. As expected from the only one closest to being normal among all 5 of them.

"Who is it this time?" A voice interrupted them and all of them looked up to the owner of the voice

"Oh Wonyoung-ah, hello to you too" Yujin said with a sarcastic tone present in her voice

"Oh my! Look who we have here. It's not so nice seeing you here, Jang Wonyoung" Chaewon who only noticed Wonyoung stated sarcastically and that caused for Wonyoung to roll her eyes out of annoyance. It's really no secret that the two hate each other so much for some unknown reason.

"Will you please shut up, Kim Chaewon?" Wonyoung said, trying to calm herself down because the ever so annoying Kim Chaewon is in front of her right now. She heard Chaewon hissed but she ignored her and turned her attention to her best friend.

"Yujin how many times have I told you not to do that anymore? When will you stop doing that?" Wonyoung scolded Yujin

"Oh come on Jang Wonyoung, Yujin's old enough to do whatever she wants" Chaewon interrupted them which made Wonyoung glare at her

"Why the hell do you keep interrupting me, Kim Chaewon? I'd be happy if you would just mind your own business" Wonyoung couldn't take it anymore and just burst out

"Yo chill there pink princess, I was just stating facts, no need to turn into a raging bunny" Chaewon said, eventually giving up on teasing the younger

Wonyoung once again rolled her eyes and focused on her best friend. "I'd be glad if you stop doing that Yujin-ah, it's not very nice"

"Okay, fine. It's not like I have a choice anyway. I'm pretty sure that if I don't stop now, you''ll eventually tell my parents about this" Yujin sighed feeling defeat

"Yo guys, we'll get going now" Yujin bid her squad goodbye and started heading her way home together with Wonyoung

 

"Anyways, are we gonna hang out tomorrow?" Yujin asked

"I can't go tomorrow. I'll be going out with my cousin tomorrow"

"The one that you always tell me about? that cousin?"

"Yes, that one"

"hmm come to think of it, I still don't have any idea who this cousin of yours is. How 'bout you introduce her to me someday"  Yujin suggested

"sure, only if you promise not to annoy her"

"what did you say her name was again?"

"What the- were you not listening to me every time I mention her?" Wonyoung said

"I was, I just forget what it was"

"Minjoo, her name's Kim Minjoo"

"hmm, her name sounds pretty" Yujin stated

"Oh unnie is surely pretty. Well what can I say, it runs in the blood" Wonyoung said and grinned while Yujin just hissed at her best friend's statement.

 

Days had already passed and as promised, Wonyoung will be introducing her older cousin to Yujin. 

Yujin was waiting outside of a know ice cream  shop near their school because Wonyoung agreed to meet her there. Minutes passed and Wonyoung can be seen walking towards Yujin with what Yujin assumed was her cousin.

Upon seeing the person Wonyoung was with. Shock was evident on her face which caused her to react loudly startling Wonyoung's cousin who was also shocked to see her

"YOU?!" they both  exclaimed loudly

''Wait a minute unnie. You two know each other?" Wonyoung asked, equally confused as they were

"Wonyoung-ah she's the one I've been telling you about, the one who stole my apple juice"

''So that was you"

"Oh come on she's just overreacting over a box of apple juice" Yujin defended herself

"Yujin I wouldn't say that if I were you" Wonyoung said, terrified about how her unnie would react

"YAH HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?! I CAME THERE FIRST SO OBVIOUSLY IT WAS MINE TO BEGIN WITH" Minjoo exclaimed

Yujin hissed at how Minjoo reacted and was about to say something when Wonyoung interrupted them

"Okay guys, both of you need to chill alright. Let's forget what happened in the past and try to befriend each other" Wonyoung said trying to calm both of them

"Psh as if" both said at the same time which made Wonyoung chuckle at how childish they are

With Wonyoung dragging them both, the three of them went inside the ice cream shop. The whole trip went by with Wonyoung telling them stories and not forgetting to mention how annoying Kim Chaewon was. Minjoo and Yujin weren't that close yet, but because of Woyoung's help they felt comfortable with each others presence

 

Compared to their first meet up, Minjoo  and Yujin  got close. Although Yujin still teases Minjoo a lot, rather than feeling annoyed, Minjoo just teases her back. They've been close with each other because of that one time in which Wonyoung promised them that the three of them would eat out together but Wonyoung suddenly said she couldn't come because of something urgent. So the two had no choice but go to the said restaurant that Wonyoung had a reservation to. While eating, it was kinda awkward so Yujin decided to strike a conversation with Minjoo. And much to her shock, they actually have a lot in common. And so ever since that day, Minjoo and Yujin had found comfort in each other. There are also times that Yujin goes with Wonyoung every time she visits Minjoo's house, but Wonyoung always leaves first saying she needs to meet someone so it always ends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter