Fresh Start

Nation's First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dreamlike  was Korea's top artist agency. It rose to prominence with artist Kwon Eunbi. Kwon Eunbi was with the company thru its humble beginnings being one of the first two artists in the company.

She helped established the company starting at the young age of 18. She starred in various dramas, was given an executive producer role, she discovered various talents.

Starting with Kang Hyewon her dongsaeng from drama club during her school days. Both of them were close and developed a bond as roommates until Eunbi debuted into acting with the company. 

She recommended Hyewon for the company which in turn she was hired for. Hyewon then procedded to reach new heights bringing more credibility into the company with her modelling , acting and promoting skills. She was korea's it girl. Everyone wanted to be friends her, be her and be with her. But she was untouchable.

Then there was Kim Minju, Eunbi met the girl when Hyewon brought her to the dorm introducing her as her best friend. Eunbi met so many pretty girls in her life but none can compete with Minju that was what she thought. Eunbi got to know Minju better as she and Minju audition for Dreamlike at practically the same time.

Eunbi debuted first between her and Minju as the lass was too young for any major roles at the time. As time grew long Eunbi who has more say pushed an early debut for the younger woman.

Minju starred in her first movie which helped her garner reputation and soon enough dramas were being offered. In no time she was no longer an unknown actress from obscurity but at the age of 19 she was already one of highest earning celbrities in the country.Soon enough the unknown actress was now the Nation's Sweetheart.

Then there was Miyawaki Sakura. She and Eunbi debuted together being co-stars in their first acting together playing as cousins. She and Sakura since then have both their carrers change together and move forward in the same direction.

Both would be cast into the same drama together, sometimes they would play as bestfriends, sometimes as sisters  and even on some occasions they play as opposite of each other , one plays the villain and the other as the heroine. But they never seperate.

When Eunbi first met Sakura she thought of the girl as bit weird. During their period as roommates she would notice odd quirks of the older woman. 

Like sleeping with her eyes wide open

Random shouting while playing video games

Or the girl's inability to wink at all

Eunbi found all of these cute and she could never deny that she had a crush on the girl. Even if she shows any sign of skinship she would be rejected which Eunbi laughs all the time about, as she knows deep down the girl does'nt mean ill will.

But everything changed where a single scandal broke the high and mighty Dreamlike . Sakura who was dubbed the Nation's Girlfriend had a girlfriend and this was the start of what Eunbi would call the dark ages.

The company lost majority of its investors as people started spreading rumors , the company was still too young and inexperienced to handle such backlash.

They mishandled the situation entirely resulting into greater loss. The company initially did not adress the rumor. The company tried to bribe the journalist who released the news to recant his story. But the journalist published the bribing as well.

Sakura soon left the industry altogether after her inablity to handle the hate. Eunbi's was devastated when Sakura texted her about the decision. Eunbi was already heart broken by the news of Sakura dating but this breaks her.

She just lost her other half, She never really starred in a drama without Sakura but now that Sakura left, she no longer feels like going back into buisness.

Then things went for the worse as the CEO of the company was sacked by the board of directors, and mass firings went through the company leaving them with only their top stars left. Kwon Eunbi, Kang Hyewon and Kim Minju.

Soon enough the company  selected a new CEO , the person that would bring them up from the ashes like a phoenix. In an unprecedented move they selected Kwon Eunbi as the new CEO of the company.

Eunbi never really expected to be promoted in such a manner , but she was never to deny a oppurtunity and she sees this as a way to secretly retire while Sakura was gone.

She decided to mold the company into something that Sakura can come back to and she hopes, she does.

One year later 

"Hyewon-ah wake up "

"Hyewon we have meeting in an hour" the manager panicked.

Kim Chaewon , Hyewon's manager she was a classmate of Hyewon and was probably the latters brain cell ever since they met during college. She was offer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter