Town Valley: Heejin & Hooligan

「 Town Valley 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do not read while eating xD

Town Valley: Heejin & Hooligan

 

The sheriff's deputy. It couldn't be that bad, could it?

 

You see there was where she was mistaken. It didn't take her long to realize tho.

 

"Are you feeling anxious about tomorrow?" Haseul asked while grinding poppy seeds to make some medicine.

 

"No, I am willing to do my best." Heejin said peeling the skin off aloe leaves. She was helping the older with whatever weird thing she was preparing.

 

"Then you will be just fine. Lippie likes hard workers."

 

Yes, but she doesn't like me, Heejin couldn't help but thinking. She had only seen the woman again tonight when she came back for dinner, but as soon as she had finished she headed to bed. She didn't spare a word to Heejin, ㅡmore like to no one thereㅡ. Haseul had defended the latter arguing she was probably tired.  However, Heejin could see her pain of being almost completely ignored.

 

"I will have to claim against it. I don't believe I am one of her liking."

 

Haseul sighed and put down the mortar turning to give her whole attention to Heejin. "I am aware that Lippie is not the most welcoming person, however, believe me, she'll warm up to you with time." The younger nodded wanting to believe the doctor’s words were truthful.

 

Heejin was determined. She'll win over the sheriff. She would prove her wrong. That she wasn't some fraudster or criminal. That whatever motive brought her to Town Valley wasn't to endangered their villagers nor cause any harm.

 

And with all of that in mind, she went to bed. Nevertheless, she wasn't expecting to open up her eyes to her bedroom barely lighted up by a candle, meaning the sun hadn't risen yet, ㅡthe crickets outside were another proof of itㅡ.

 

"Dress up. We'll be leaving as soon as you're done." Heejin connected her eyes with the person setting the candle on her nightstand. Kim Lip. "Make it quick, we have lots to do" The woman finished before exiting the bedroom.

 

Heejin sleepily dragged herself out of bed and took off her nightgown. She looked at the chair on the corner and frowned. She was sure she had prepared a dress and left it on top of it the night before, ㅡa few hours agoㅡ. She walked closer rubbing her eyes and trying to adjust them to the dim lightning. Brown linen pants? A shirt? High leather boots? Those weren't her clothes. Did Kim Lip let them there for her? Should she put them on?  She found her dress folded under the rest of the clothing and decided to play it safe and follow her plan.

 

Heejin came out of the room and found the sheriff leaned against one of the walls with a wheat stem hanging from her lips which she took between her fingers after looking up and down at Heejin. She smirked, "First mistake, deputy." Kim Lip shook her head fairly amused and pushed herself off the wall as she made her way out of the cozy house.

 

Heejin frowned slightly confused. Fist mistake? What did that even mean? She will surely find out a little later on that same day.

 

She didn't question it for long since she knew the sheriff wouldn't appreciate her making her wait. So she also went outside and immediately spotted the imposing looking horse which moved nervously as soon as she stepped closer.

 

"Easy there, Satiro" The horse seemed to calm when the sheriff spoke and passed her hand through the side of its head. Kim Lip then looked at Heejin, "He is not used to strangers" Just like its owner, the stranger in the matter thought. "Give me your hand" Heejin did, not knowing what it meant until she was pulled up and in the next second she was sitting on the horse back.

 

Soon enough, they were riding away in complete silence until they stopped in front of a fence, a bit far away there was a house. It looked a bit neglected, its once white colored walls had faded into a greyish tone and the roof didn’t look moldy. And Heejin was looking from afar.

 

Kim Lip got down in a graceful jump and opened the wooden gate, proceeding to take one of Satiro's rein to guide him inside. She extended a hand to Heejin to help her down. The latter was strangely taken aback with the sheriff's sudden kind gestures. She hadn't done or said anything hurtful to her yet. Yes, definitely won't be as bad.

 

Kim Lip loudly rang an old bell in front of the house and an elderly woman came out a minute after. She was wearing an apron over her bluish dress. She fixed her rounded glasses in place before a smile broke on her face. "Sheriff! How nice to see you!" Her voice was mysteriously vivid for someone her age, it brought a grin to Heejin's face, thinking the old lady was adorable. However, she heard a nervous giggle next to her.

 

"I did promise I would be here this morning, Nana Lynn" Heejin squinted her eyes watching the sheriff smile clearly uncomfortable. What is it with that?

 

"Yes. But it's not the first time you do, Kim Lip..." There was an underlying warning in her voice. But, then the woman seemed to notice something, someone. "Is this her?" She pointed at Heejin and Kim Lip nodded answering her question.

 

The old lady climbed down the couple steps at the porch approaching Heejin who just stood still as a rock as she was instantly engulfed in a brief t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter