Chaewon's side

After That Live

Chaewon is currently browsing on her phone when she noticed her seatmate bouncing her head back-and-forth. It was Minju who is struggling to get a comfortable sleeping position on her seat. Chaewon giggled at the sight and gently guided the younger's head to her shoulder so it will not bob anymore. She then turned off her phone and wrapped both of her arms on the younger. Yujin was the only one who has witnessed their intimate interaction for everyone was fast asleep as well. The mischievous tall girl fetched her phone and quickly took as many shots as she can. Chaewon then heard her giggles and realized what she was doing.


"Yah! Yujin-ah, delete that!"


Chaewon frantically mouthed making her eyes bigger and fiercer than her usual soft chestnut orbs sending threats to the younger. However, this not-so-scary-cub look of Chaewon was not effective to the stubborn maknae at all. Yujin, being the prankster she is, stuck her tongue out at the older while showing the pictures she have taken.


"Yujin! If you don't delete that at this instant—"

"Buy me tteokbokki for one month."


Chaewon's eyes almost popped out and hanged open when the younger suddenly blockmailed her.



"A month?! I—"



'I should have seen this coming. It's Yujin after all.' Chaewon heaved a sigh at the thought of buying the younger tteokbokki for one month. She then looked at the brunette who's peacefully sleeping on her arms.

'Look at the things that I do for you, Kim Minju.' A small smile broke out on Chaewon's face and for a second, she forgot the stress Yujin has been giving her. Just looking at Minju really calms Chaewon without her knowing it.




"Psst! Unnie?"




Yujin broke Chaewon on her trance and the short haired just agreed on the deal. The younger quietly celebrated on her seat throwing her fists up. The older just shook her head and shifted to a more comfortable position for Minju. After the mini-celebration, Yujin fetched her phone to delete those precious pictures of her dear unnies.







"Are you going to delete it already?"







Chaewon carefully asked as she watched Yujin nod.







"Wait. Send me a copy first."






Chaewon tried to act cool and nonchalant as she gave her phone to the younger. Yujin, on the other hand, tried her best to contain her laughter at the older's antics.


After the younger returned her phone, Chaewon quickly scanned her pictures with Minju. A wide grin was plastered on her face as she scrolled photo after photo. She did not even bother to delete the blurred ones.








'Looking at these pictures, I admit we really look good together.'







Chaewon's heart bloomed at the thought. Her smile reached her eyes and suddenly everything felt light. She then made the best shot for her as her lockscreen and went back to cuddling Minju.













Chaewon woke from a light tap on her cheek. As she looked up to know who it was, she was greeted by Minju's melting eyesmile and indian dimples.






"Chaewon-ah, did you have a nice sleep on Minju's lap?"







Chaewon snapped her head towards that teasing voice. It was Yena, who's standing in front of them. The other members were there, too laughing at her state. Chaewon groaned in embarrassment and quickly fixed her self.


'How did this happen?! I was the one who's taking care of Minju. Now, I'm the one being taken care of.'



Chaewon glanced at Minju apologetically and proceeded to put Yena on a headlock for teasing her since morning. Minju just chuckled at her unnies and soon followed them in the rehearsals.




Everyone was busy preparing for the first rehearsal. Chaewon was the first one to finish so she looked for the other members first. Some are still fixing their makeup while the others are getting their wardrobe checked. Chaewon then saw the girl she's been looking for struggling on fixing her own mic.





'Minjugattoooo~'





Chaewon lightly chuckled at the sight and went to the younger's direction to help her.
She quietly went on Minju's back to fix the cord that got tangled. The younger was clearly surprised at her sudden presence.







"Minjugattooooo~"






Chaewon teased the younger like she usually does and as expected, she received a long whine that makes her feel giddy all the time.






"Unnieeeeeeeeeeeee~"






It has been Chaewon's habit to tease Minju. Maybe because she just really loves teasing the younger every single time or maybe she loves how Minju's face would look like a frog everytime she whines or maybe she just loves her whinny voice. Chaewon just ruffled Minju's hair and they both proceeded on the rehearsals.




Before the song starts, Chaewon would always quickly check on Minju first before checking on herself. After the song ends, Chaewon would also glance at the younger and go to her direction. She has been doing this since IZONE's debut. Chaewon did not know when and why it started but it has been part of her system to always quietly check on the younger from time-to-time.

Chaewon would automatically smile whenever she sees Minju happy. Though she loves teasing the younger, she would always secretly root for her in everything. Just like how she cheered for Minju when the younger became the new MC of Music Core. Though she has a photoshoot on the same day of Minju's first MCing, Chaewon, together with Eunbi and Sakura, watched the latter's performance. She was so proud of the younger though Minju was still slightly stiff with her co-MCs. Stuttering is also inevitable though Chaewon only found it cute especially Minju's embarrasssed reaction after that. Of course, after that day, the members and even wizones teased Minju at the birth of her new nickname—Minju Angel. Chaewon even during their LieV, their first promotion of Secret Story of the Swan in Music Core, and their voice vlive.


Though Chaewon does not show it often, she really pays attention to Minju. From the biggest news to the smallest TMIs, Chaewon knows it all just like how she got hooked on the song "Aloha" since Minju performed it in Music Core. During their backstage talk in Oneiric Diary Showcase in Japan, korean members were asked about the new Japanese phrase they have learned. Minju answered and Chaewon quickly asked her about the meaning of it. It seemed like Minju has not heard her, so Hitomi answered instead. During their performance in Immortal Song, Chaewon would always calm Minju by holding her hand. Although she is nervous as well, she would always make sure to calm Minju first and cheer her up. Everytime Minju feels small, Chaewon would always compliment and encourage her.



This is how Chaewon shows her affection to the younger. She would only look at Minju from afar and she is already happy and contented. As long as Minju is fine, she is fine as well.



That's why she felt sad when she heard Minju's conversation with Eunbi last night. She did not know the younger has been yearning for her affection. She promised herself to talk to Minju tonight to resolve the younger's uneasiness.



 

 





The ride back to the dorms was loud and chaotic as usual. The members shared their stories and TMIs of the day. They also shared different menus of what they want to eat for dinner later. The van was full of nonstop laughter and bickering, thank God their manager loves them so much and just let them be. Chaewon, on the other hand, was still pondering on how she will approach Minju later though she also laughed on Yena and Eunbi's dad jokes here and there.

After they ate their dinner, everyone went back to their respective rooms since they need to prepare early for Soba. Chaewon quickly changed into her pajamas and quietly left her shared room with Yena.





"Chaewon-ah, where are you going?"





Chaewon jumped on her place when Yena, whom she thought was sleeping already, suddenly spoke.




"I'll just go to Minju's room, unnie. I'll be back."



Yena just gave her a teasing look and Chaewon playfully glared at her before going to Minju's room. She took a deep breath first before knocking on Minju's door.






"Unnie, what are you doing there?"





Chaewon almost had a mini heart attack when Minju suddenly spoke behind her.





"Come in."





Chaewon followed Minju inside her room. They sat on the bed and leaned on the headboard, a pillow in between separating them. The atmosphere was far from their bickering and playful self. The silence has never been deafening than ever.







"I guess Eunbi unnie talked to you already."







Minju started, eyes stucked at the white wall in front of them not wanting to meet Chaewon's eyes. Chaewon glanced at the younger first before copying her.





"Hmm. Kinda."





Minju shifted her gaze back to the older.





"Kinda?"





Chaewon just chuckled at the confused look of the younger and stared back to the wall. She just let Minju intently stare at her while she recalled the events last night.

 

 

 

 


Chaewon actually intended to approach Minju, too after their schedule last night. She actually wanted to ask the younger if they can do another vlive in the future with only the two of them since the fans have been asking for it. However, Yena asked her to sleep already when she saw Minju so she made a mental note to tell the younger about it the next day.


Minju apologetically looked down when she heard what Chaewon said. Chaewon just continued her story.





"Actually, I kinda waited for you to come to me since I can already tell that you also want to approach me."





Chaewon smiled curtly.





"But you suddenly turned around and just left."





Chaewon muttered as she recalls Minju's fading back on her memory last night.





"Didn't know you would be jealous on me and Yena unnie."




Chaewon teased the younger with a knowing look. Minju just rolled her eyes and shoved the older out of the bed. Good thing Chaewon was able to land on her feet or else she will have a bruise on her for the Soba performance. The older then climbed back on the bed and started tickling Minju's sides as a revenge. The younger tried her best to shove Chaewon aside but the older was stronger than she thought. The room which was once enveloped in a heavy atmosphere is now turned into a loud bickering mess. The bed sheet was left undone and the pillows were all scattered on the floor. Minju's hair was disheveled, some of the strands were blocking her face. She is still squirming under Chaewon who is now sitting on her stomach, still not done on attacking her sides.






"Unnie, please stop I can't breathe."






Minju pleaded in between giggles and heavy breaths. She was panting hard after almost ten minutes of Chaewon's tickling.





"I won't stop until you admit you were jealous."





Chaewon flaunted her mischievous grin and proceeded to attack Minju's sides again. Minju is now a laughing and a crying mess. She keeps on grabbing Chaewon's naughty hands so it will not tickle her anymore but the older is faster than her. When Chaewon was about to tickle her again, Minju weakly tapped the older's thighs.

 

 

 

 




"Okay. I admit. I am jealous."





"Now, get off me, unnie. I can't breathe."





Chaewon wanted to tease Minju more but it seemed like the younger was already having a hard time. She just heeded on the younger's plead and helped her catch her breath. She got a white towel on Minju's cabinet and wiped the sweat on the younger's face, neck, and back. Chaewon then quickly got a glass of water from the kitchen and let Minju drink.



When Minju has calmed already, both of them fixed the bed and got the scattered pillows on the floor. Chaewon then scooted closer to the younger and tucked them inside the comforter.

 

 

 

 



"By the way, unnie, how did you end up sleeping here last night?"




Minju asked the older. Chaewon lent her left arm and let the younger use it as a pillow. Minju wrapped her arms on Chaewon's waist and the older started telling what happened.




 

 

 


Chaewon could not sleep last night. She kept on pondering why Minju suddenly left without talking to her. She admits she felt sad about it. Little did she know Minju was already having a hard time because of her.


When she was about to go to Minju's room, she was shocked to see Eunbi waiting infront of the younger's door. She quickly hid when Minju's door opened revealing the younger. When she has made sure the two were already back inside, Chaewon tiptoed towards Minju's room and intentionally eavesdropped on their conversation.


Chaewon could not hear them clearly at first until she heard sobs inside. Chaewon's heart broke hearing Minju's cries. When Minju started opening, Chaewon's tears started to fall. She tightly covered so her sobs will not be heard by the two.


When Eunbi was done talking to Minju, Chaewon tried to escape quickly but she was easily found by the leader. Eunbi then talked to her in the kitchen privately.






"Chaewon-ah, why are you crying?"






Eunbi lightly tapped Chaewon's back.






"It's my fault, unnie."






"Minju is having a hard time because of me."






"Because of my insensitivity and ignorance, I didn't know I'm already neglecting Minju."





Chaewon cried even louder as guilt slowly ate her mind. Eunbi hugged her tightly and let the younger weep on her chest. The leader felt bad for Chaewon who looks so broken and vulnerable.






"It's not your fault, Chaewon-ah. Stop blaming yourself."






Eunbi Chaewon's hair calming the younger.





"We all know among all the members, you care for Minju the most. She just missed seeing it on your subtle ways but I know she knows you are still there for her."







"You never left her."







"So don't ever think you did."







Eunbi released the hug and wiped the remaining tears on Chaewon's eyes.





"She is just longing for your physical touch and physical presence. Why don't you sleep on her room tonight? Then, talk things out with her tomorrow."





Eunbi hugged her for one last time before going on her own room. Chaewon thanked the older for always conforting her and decided to follow her advice.



 

 



After Chaewon told her story, Minju hugged her tightly muffling her cries on her chest.








"I'm sorry, unnie. I failed to see your efforts."








Chaewon felt bad for the younger and embraced her back whispering comforting words.






"I'm sorry too, Minju for letting you feel alone and unwanted."







Chaewon kissed Minju's crown and softly wiped the younger's tears.





"Both of us have our own shortcomings but here we are, we have fixed it already so don't cry anymore."




Minju just nodded and hugged her unnie again not wanting to let go.








"Unnie, are you going to sleep her again?"





Minju asked against Chaewon's neck.





'I told Yena unnie I will be back though. Whatever, she can just sleep with the lights on.'




Chaewon mentally prepared herself for Yena's rants tomorrow. For now, she will just enjoy cuddling with Minju.


 



"Why? You don't want to sleep with me anymore?"




Chaewon teased Minju and locked the younger with her leg.




"Yes, I don't want to sleep with you anymore. You keep on stealing my comforter."




Minju teased Chaewon back and tried to get the whole comforter for herself.





"Then, I'll be your human comforter."




Minju's face reddened at Chaewon's sudden attempt on flirting with her. She always mentally prepares herself in these attacks but she can't help her heart but to skip a beat. Minju softly hit Chaewon's arms and shyly hid her face on the older's neck. Chaewon just laughed at her antics.









"By the way, when are we gonna do it?"




Chaewon suddenly blurted. Minju's eyes almost popped out as she misunderstood the meaning of Chaewon's words.




"I mean the vlive, what are you even thinking?"




Chaewon flicked Minju's forehead lightly. The younger felt embarrassed on suddenly thinking of something erted. She quickly shook off those thoughts and quickly apologized to the older. Chaewon just chuckled at her.



"You can't blame me. You didn't finish your words. Anyone would also misunderstand what you are trying to say."



Minju defended herself. Chaewon giggled once more at Minju's frog-looking defensive face.




"Okay, my bad. Now tell me when."




Chaewon looked at Minju while still wrapping her legs on the younger's waist.



"Wait unnie, do you even know our couple name?"



Minju slightly pushed the older away from her. Chaewon was baffled at the sudden question. She tried to remove the lump on before answering Minju as confidently as she can.

 






"Of course, it's MinWon."






Minju glared at the older. Chaewon chuckled nervously as she tried to guess another one.
 

 

 

 

 



"ChaeMin?"

 

 

 


Minju's glare became stronger. Chaewon internally panicked as she quickly thought of another name.

 

 

 

 

 


"SsamJoo!"

 

 


Chaewon had a small hope on her last attempt since most of her couple names with the other members starts with "Ssam."
 

 

 

 


"Just go back to your room, unnie. We won't do a vlive together until you learn our couple name."



Minju harshly removed Chaewon's leg on her waist and forcefully pulled the comforter only for herself. Chaewon continued to panic smaking her head to let her braincells think of a name quickly or else she will be kicked out of Minju's room for real and most importantly, they will not be able to do a vlive together.



 

 



'Come on, Chaewon! Think!'









A light bulb suddenly popped on her mind when she saw Minju's phone on the bedside table. She remembers Minju unlocking her phone with a password "kimkim" earlier. She even watched her changing the wallpaper to their picture.

Chaewon smirked and slowly scooted closer to Minju wrapping her arms on the younger's waist once again.




 

 

 


"Don't be mad anymore, I already know the answer."




 

 


Chaewon paused before going near to Minju's ears.




 

 

 

 


"It's KimKim."




 

 


Chaewon prayed that the answer is right. After all, it was her last straw of hope. Chaewon missed the wide grin on Minju's face when she answered it right. The younger then faced her while still glaring at her. Chaewon nervously chuckled.




"But still you did not get it on the first try."

 


Minju continued to sulk though she could not contain her smile at the sight of her scared Chaewon unnie.



"I am sorry, I could not remember it fast."



Chaewon weakly apologized to the younger. She made a mental note to change her phone password to "kimkim" too, tomorrow so she will never forget it again.




 

 

 

 

 


"Now, when are we going to have a kimkim vlive?"


Chaewon carefully asked against the latter's hair. Minju chuckled at the older's pleading eyes when she finally faced her back. She then grabbed the older's leg and wrapped it on her waist.

Chaewon giggled at Minju and hugged her closer to her chest. She kissed Minju's crown and the younger's hair lovingly.



 

 



"Let's do it soon, unnie..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"When we are definitely not in the middle of our break in photoshoots and definitely not inside of a van where anytime members might come."





Chaewon chuckled at Minju's witty answer. She's not completely wrong though.




 

 

 


"We can even have a LieV here in your room if you want. Wizones will surely love to watch us cuddling all day."




 

 

 


Chaewon shamelessly suggested with her whole chest and now it is Minju's turn to laugh at her playful remark.


 

 

 

 



"Sounds like a plan to me."









"But for now let's sleep first, we still need to wake up early tomorrow."



Minju yawned.




"Minnight, ssamu <3"




Minju placed a peck on Chaewon's cheek.




"Minnight, Minju angel <3"




Chaewon pecked Minju's cheek, too and they tightened their hug on each other before going to dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

Hello! I'm back! 

Here is the last part of the oneshot.

I feel so single while writing this, I hope y'all too. Just kidding hahaha.