Endure the awkward feeling

Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s not what she expected. It’s not what she think will happen. Meeting Taeyeon is the last thing she wants, and being in a car with her is not even written in her list. Jessica’s still stunned over the fact that she is sitting beside her ex-leader, heading to her house, just because she’s stupid enough to not bring her car.

The atmosphere between them is cold even when the heater is on. It’s the beginning of Spring, but she suddenly felt like the Winter is coming. Taeyeon’s silence and the sound of rain outside doesn’t help to warm this situation.

 

Jessica is now having a staring contest with the road in front of her. The event earlier still replaying in her head. How they first made eye contact, how they sat together and talks, and mostly how Taeyeon pulled Jessica by arm to get her in the car.

 

“Are you really love to daydream? Get out of it and pick up your phone! It’s been ringing non stop.” Jessica blink several times when she heard voice from the person beside her. She’s snapped back to reality.

“Hello?” She answer the call with some irritation in it. Not for the caller, but of course for the great Kim Taeyeon. “No no, I’m not in Seoul.” Jessica talked with the caller while looking at the window. “Yes. Send it via e-mail, I’ll check it later.” Taeyeon too. She keeps driving without paying attention to whoever Jessica is talking to. “Okay.”

After Jessica hangs up, Taeyeon unexpectedly made a comment. “If you’re busy, why are you travel all the way from Seoul to Jeonju? How did you get here anyway?” Taeyeon is curious, so she decided to just making a conversation to break this awkward silence.

“I told you many times already. I just wanna make a real quick visit to your father. And if you really want to know how did I get here, I don’t even know. I have some things outside and then I found myself booking a train ticket, and baam here I am. Look like a lost child who doesn’t know how to get home.” Jessica’s face didn’t make any expression, so does Taeyeon.

“No, you look like a ghost wearing all white from head to toe. Did you have a photoshoot in snow or something?” Jessica rolls her eyes at that remarks. “What will happen if I didn’t go there? Are you out of your mind? Why are you always going around alone? Bring someone with you!”

Those question makes Jessica felt something. Was that a concern? Did her ex-leader just got worried for her? She’s taken aback but still can replies calmly, “I am grown up woman, Kim Taeyeon. I’ll find my way.”

Taeyeon who heard that just smile bitterly. “Right. You always does.”

 

The rest of their journey together filled with comfortable silence. But, anyone can tell that at the back of their mind is surely full of chaos. Their lack of words hiding a lot of things, and each of them know it will explode soon.

 

 

---

 

 

“The guest room is full, so you will sleep in my room.” Taeyeon said it after they get out from the car.

“Wait, what?” Jessica stopped her walk, looking confusingly at the person in front of her.

“You’re going to spend the night here. Is that too difficult to comprehend?” Taeyeon grip the door knob and turn over to face Jessica. They’re in front of Kim’s house.

“No no.. I’m just going to wait for the rain to stop, then I’ll go.” Jessica is shocked at her driver’s words. The thought of her stay overnight at Taeyeon’s house never crossed her mind. And sleeping in the same room with her is just beyond her imagination. “Besides, what if people found out? Me? In your house? There will be a lot of good articles to read.” That sarkasm, Jessica surely still have those in her. Taeyeon didn’t even surprised anymore.

“You’re still hardheaded. It’s almost night already, there will be no transportation operating right now. If you worry about paparazzi, you can ease yourself. They never showed up here, they don’t even dare. And on top of that, I think the rain won’t be stopped any time soon.” That’s a lot of reason for her to stay. But, like Taeyeon has said, Jessica is hardheaded.

“I can call someone to pick me up. Krystal will do.” Jessica just thinking whatever option she has, but none of them comes to her mind.

“Don’t.” Suddenly, Jessica can felt, how stern Taeyeon voice is. “Don’t make people drive all the way here just to pick you up. Don’t waste their time. Just sleep here tonight and I’ll go with you tomorrow. I have to go back to Seoul anyway.” Jessica still didn’t react, but Taeyeon’s next words success to make her stunned.

 

“Just stay.”

 

Those words. Those two words. The simple words she wanted to hear so badly years ago. Finally, she heard it from the least expected person in the most unexpected time.

 

Before Jessica can response, the door opened itself. Almost making Taeyeon fall head first. “Unnie, what’s with the noise? Why are you-“ Here it goes. The shocked expression that Jessica didn’t want to see.

“Yah, Kim Hayeon! Can you atleast make a sound before pulling the door?” Taeyeon said it after balancing her almost-fall-body. She’s still a human paper after all. 

On the other hand, the latter clearly have shock in her face as she keeps looking at the person near her sister as if she just saw a ghost.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter