Chapter 2

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, Korea: Present- 2020

 

Eunbi with her family transfer to Seoul, leaving their peaceful life in Jeju. Her dad got promoted and became a police officer in Seoul, with that reason her parents had sent her to new school. She was enrolling in her senior year at Enzoni University as academic year had begun. Being a new student was bad enough, and Eunbi had been really nervous about having to jump into classes where everyone else was already settled.

 

“Hi I’m Kwon Eunbi, please take care of me” said as she take a bow, flashing her a big smile. She sneaked a peek at the last chair near the window. Nearby that chair is occupied by a female student with medium length dark hair, but they’re eyes can’t be meet, because the latter one just keep lowering her head. In front of the last chair near the window is also occupied by a female student. The female student seemed elegant enough to figure out, black-haired with pastel pink lipstick. As their eyes meet the latter gave a small smile to Eunbi.

 

“That chair is occupied” Their class teacher named Mr. Kim Heechul interrupt her deep thought. “You may take your seat besides Yuri. Yuri please raise your hand” Mr. Kim continues.

 

“I’m Yuri”, Yuri smiled at Eunbi as she offers her right hand, which Eunbi gladly accepted.

 

“Where is Kang Hyewon? Anyone knows?” Mr. Kim as he scanned the classroom. “Ahn Yujin?” Mr. Kim continues.

 

“I don’t know” the student named Ahn Yujin who sitting nearby from the last chair answered back.

 

“How about you Yiren?” This time Mr. Kim face up the female student in front.

“Same” Yiren timidly answered,

 

“And Lee Chaeyeon is also not here!” Mr. Kim exclaimed which makes their teacher sigh.

 

*****

 

20 minutes has passed since the class has started, until a female student rushed in. Wearing the same uniform, Eunbi thought that the new stranger is her classmate.

 

“You’re late again” Mr. Kim halt and face up the newly come student.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim, I wake up late” the late student reason out as she scratch her nape. To Eunbi’s image this late student is taller than her, with a bag pack slung over her shoulder, with little shaggy black hair. Her lips were a natural rose color.

 

When the newly came student turned and accidentally meet Eunbi’s gaze. The student lip’s was set on a straight line but her eyes were warm, gazed at Eunbi, standing as still as sculpture, which made Eunbi feel rooted to her chair. Eunbi hold her breath, those eyes were intense and alluring.

 

With some loud throat clearing noise, Mr. Kim interrupted the trance like stare. Eunbi blushed and pretended to be busy by randomly scribble on her notebook.

 

“Chaeyeon. Lee Chaeyeon” Yuri suddenly said.

 

“Huh?” Eunbi said in confusion.

 

“The student who just came, her name is Lee Chaeyeon” Yuri said evenly.

 

*****

 

“Okay, class is over”, Mr. Kim said, and the students start to gather their respective things.

 

“Yuri, please guide Eunbi within the school”, Mr. Kim said to Yuri, which earns a nod from the latter.

 

“Yuri will be your guide. Here’s a map if you need to find anything else.” Mr. Kim gave Eunbi a photocopy of the school’s hand-drawn map.

 

“Come on, we’ll give you the rest of the tour” Yuri grinned as she look at her wrist watch.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter