Cucumber

True to Life: Short Shorts

 


 

“Okay, Tae. On the count of three. One, two…” And then there was chaos.

“Help!! There’s smoke coming out of the toilet!”

“The toilet’s smoking!”

“Come out, quick!!”

“Heeeelllppp!!”

One by one, the rest of the girls quickly opened their doors and scrambled out of their rooms to the hallway in mass panic to see a crazily weird (but not-so-rare) sight.

Taeyeon and Yuri were running up and down the hallway, back and forth the kitchen and bedrooms, while screaming that something was smoking and the other members were worried about what it could be and if they could put it out by themselves or had to call someone else.

“Where’s the smoke?”

“What’s smoking?”

“Yah! Will you two stop being idiots and show us?!”

Yuri then clutched onto Stephanie and Yoona’s arms while Taeyeon clutched onto Sunny’s as both girls led the others towards the toilet.

“The toilet is smoking!” They kept on repeating as Taeyeon finally opened the door to the lavatory, the others waiting in unease.

.

.

.

 

 

"......."

.

.

.

Silence, then faint sniggers from Yoona and Sooyoung, then raucous laughter fully spreading throughout the dorm.

“Yah, Pabo! We really thought there was a fire!” Sunny screamed as she, Fany, and Juhyun kept on playfully (and painfully) hitting Taeyeon and Yuri for the prank they pulled, but still joining the others in their laughing spree. All except one.

Taeyeon turned and cautiously made her way towards the lone individual standing just outside the lavatory, still staring at the toilet which Taeyeon and Yuri “dressed,” and it was obvious to anyone who had eyes that she was NOT amused.

“Really, Kim Taeyeon?!” The leader looked down and clasped her hands on her back like a kid being reprimanded for kicking the neighbor’s pet rock towards the other side of the street.

“But you won’t come out of your room! I said I was sorry. And I missed you.” Jessica pressed her lips tightly and tried really hard not to give in to the midget’s adorableness.

“And you thought it was a good idea to give us anxiety attacks instead just so you could get me out?” Taeyeon pouted but quickly hugged the Ice Princess’ waist so that she couldn’t escape again, the latter still unwilling to fully drop the issue.

“Well, it worked," Tae chortled and recoiled a bit as Jessica raised a fist to mockingly hit her.

"I’m sorry, Sica-yaaa,” Taeyeon cutely apologized, lightly swinging the younger girl from side to side repeatedly. Jessica counted to thirty then sighed, wagging a finger near Taeyeon’s face in warning.

“Alright, fine! But if you EVER, and I mean ever, change my wallpaper into an ugly dancing cucumber again, you are so dead to me,” Jessica said semi-threateningly, but couldn’t help giggling as Taeyeon happily rained her lips and neck with apology kisses.

 


 

A/N:

First, I really should stop binge-watching Tiktok videos before going to sleep.

Second, I actually did something not entirely similar but still close enough (spraying bug spray inside the house then screaming BOMB) and ended up with my two younger brothers cursing at me. XD