Chapter 1

Serendipity..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All of this is no coincidence

_______________________

 

°°°

"I must be dreaming." Yibo bit his nail while thinking.

Lack of sleep these past few days must have led him to hallucinate. But then again, he couldn't possibly be wrong either.

Yibo is pretty sure that was Xiao Zhan he saw entering the photoshoot studio earlier.

It happened so fast but as the guy caught glimpse of Yibo in the midst of many crews across the room, their eyes instantly locked. Yibo saw his steps faltered a little before he was ushered out again by who he assumed his manager.

Half of his face was hidden underneath a black mask but Yibo swore he recognized the man's eyes.

How could he forget? He found his home there.

He found the warmth and safety he had often longed for in those same damned eyes. Those gentle doe looking eyes are somehow what gives him strength, the perfect solace for his troubled soul.

Yibo would have ran after him. Would have bombarded him with hundred questions. Luckily, or unfortunately Yibo might say, he was in the midst of photoshoot.

Needless to say, Yibo had been quite distracted throughout the remaining hour of the photoshoot that he had to be reminded to stay focus.

 

°°°

Yibo paced back and forth across his dressing room before he dropped into a chair, fidgeting, contemplating whether he should find that said person or not.

It has been almost two months since he last heard from him. Two months of agony for the great Wang Yibo.

String of text messages that aren't replied to or read. Phone calls that went straight to voice mail. There aren't any updates on any of his social media accounts either.

Xiao Zhan seemed to be missing not only from the entertainment industry but his life too.

He was confident in running after the man earlier but right now his heart is torn between wanting to meet the man or to leave him alone. Xiao Zhan could be really mad at him for all he knows.

"Zhan-hyung hates me."

On the verge of crying, he told Seungyoun over the phone one day in which the other responded by telling Yibo to stop overthinking.

Yibo had a gist that his disappearance is related to the AO3 controversies but if anything, he is partly to blame too. After all, it started with a fanfiction written about the two of them and while he could have had said something about it to protect Xiao Zhan, he didn't.

He could've reached out to Xiao Zhan the moment he heard about the scandal but he was too slow. He took everything for granted. Xiao Zhan was gone by the time Yibo decided to take action.

Yibo could only imagine how disappointed Xiao Zhan is with him for letting him suffer alone.

He stared at himself in the mirror and cringed seeing the prominent dark circle under his eyes. He is tired and exhausted. Weeks of non-stop schedule and very little sleep has taken a toll on him. Although if Yibo had to be honest to himself, the lack amount of sleep is mostly caused by a certain Xiao Zhan.

"It wouldn't hurt to just go see him right? After all, he does owe me some explanations." Yibo asked himself, his lower lips jutted in a pout.

"If that 'him' refers to Xiao Zhan, then yes, please. Go find him. Seriously Yibo, I'm tired of watching you like this." Yibo's manager, suddenly piped in.

Yibo turned his chair around swiftly.

"Excuse me? I feel offended, Jason-ge. What do you mean by 'watching you like this'?" Yibo's eyes narrowed into slits, staring at his manag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter