Not You

ONE-SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already 10 in the evening and Jessica just ended her shift at the café she works at. Taking her bag from the locker, she saw the ticket to Yul’s performance that night. Yul is her boyfriend. They got together 6 months ago when they met each other at a festival. It was a smooth relationship until Jessica met Yul’s ex-girlfriend, Tiffany.

From Jessica’s observation, she could see that Yul and Tiffany still had something going on between them. Jessica tried to pay no heed, but it bothers her so much that she went to see Tiffany and asked her about it. Tiffany denied Jessica’s accusation and that left Jessica mortified but what gets to Jessica was Yul’s retaliation to that meeting.

Yul was furious. Jessica admitted to her fault, but Yul’s reaction was too much. He said things that was hurtful, making Jessica cried. In the end, Yul asked for some time apart. Jessica obliged. She would do anything to gain Yul’s trust again. She loves him so much. They have been apart for 2 weeks now.

Looking at the ticket in her hold, it was given by her friend Sunny, who works at the club where Yul is performing tonight. Jessica decided to go to the performance. It has been a while since she saw Yul. She missed him and she hoped he will be glad to see her there.

Jessica took a taxi to the venue which was 8 blocks away. Arriving at the club, Jessica got in line as there were many people still queuing up to enter the performance. It was a singing contest held by the club for amateur singers. Yul loved singing and it was Jessica who told Yul about the contest. For Jessica, Yul is a good singer and if he is given a chance, he could shine. Yul can write lyrics and make songs. He also works at an independent recording studio.

To Jessica, Yul deserves everything in the world, and she hoped he would win the contest and maybe they can get together again. Jessica looked around the club, finding a good spot for her to hang out while waiting for Yul’s turn. He should be out at 10.45 which is in 10 minutes. Jessica found an empty seat by the bar. She ordered a Spritz and enjoyed the performance on the stage which was a few meters away.

//

10:45, Yul’s name was announced as the next performer. Yul came out with his guitar and sat at the chair in the middle of the stage. Jessica smiled seeing the nervous Yul.

“This is a song I wrote for someone special in my life. Tiffany, this is for you.” Yul pointed at Tiffany who standing near the stage before he strummed on his guitar and started singing.

You make it hard for me to see somebody else
I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter