10-Minute Breaks are Boring

Heavy Rotation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So to those who subscribed to Pink Blusher, y'all probably have to wait for a bit because I'm still figuring out the plot (it's a 5-chapter story by the way). Anywaaaays, this one-shot was actually based on Episode 1 in PD48 when almost all trainees danced during break time. Hope y'all enjoy uwu.

--------------------------------------------

 

Break-times are boring...

 

At least that's what Kim Chaewon thinks.

 

So when the Produce 48 staff announced that the trainers would be getting a 10-minute break, she was itching her way to get out of the backstage. I mean, who wouldn't? She would literally miss her chances on getting to know her fellow contestants (but not actually talk to them, she just meant stealing glances at their nametags plastered on the trainees' clothes) up there, especially the Japanese members. Oh, what a sight to behold when she entered the stage. Meeting new people (although she's more annoyed than excited) made her feel butterflies in her stomach. The girls were all dressed up in different styles; some were cute, some were y, some were pure, some were... unique, huh. And not to mention, almost all of them had stunning visuals.

 

Whoa, there sure are a lot of girls here, she thinks to herself. It's not that she doesn't know how many participants will be there on the show competing with her, it's just that, everything was surreal, like as if the fact that she would be a part of this huge survival show was just a figment of her imagination. Being there, she felt like a fish out of water. She doesn't want to blame her company for letting them wear school themed outfits, but seriously Woollim? Is this all you could sponsor us? And to think, this was just the start of a lifelong journey towards being an idol. Well, she should probably just win the trainers by doing her best in the auditions. Wish her the best of luck!

 

Now, going back to the present, aside from actually being bored, she was actually dying to avoid the growing tension and what she thinks is extreme admiration between their entertainment's leader-unnie and the so-called ace of WM entertainment. Seriously, those two have been stealing glances at each other for about an hour now. Can something or someone please stop Eunbi-unnie from showing her gay side towards Lee Chaeyeon-ssi? Geez, as if the nervous atmosphere from the venue itself isn't suffocating. She straightens her outfit and does whatever she can do there to ease her boredom.

 

Perhaps, there was something else here that she had to do here in the backstage, right? But what in the actual heavens could it be? She was already graded a while ago but it seems like some things keep on holding her and the team back. Could it perhaps be fate? That the trainers were actually joking about giving her a B and that she was really meant to be in team A? Who knows? She'll probably have to wait for the judging to continue, and it would mean, waiting inside this room full of weird and awkward suspense.

 

But alas! As if the Gods have heard her prayer, music started to fill the whole location, whether it was in front of the stage or at the most hidden corners of the room, she knew very well that everyone could hear the growing beat that the speakers had held. And she knew very well what this segment had meant. Hah! Praise thy Eunbi-unnie for making me watch the whole Produce 101 Season 2. She's such an underrated blessing. She knows that she had to go up the stage and dance her heart out (to at least make herself known from the viewers out there) because... What are the chances that through this entry, she could actually score a debut right? Was this chance given to her a go sign to let loose? To show the others out there that she's confident? So was being backstage actually a blessing? Was the coincidence of being here and hearing the well known music just something out of the ordinary? She doesn't think otherwise. This could perhaps be the fate I was thinking about.

 

"Shall we?"

 

"Shall we go?"

 

It was like she and her team had the same mindset, they wanted to be recognized. Meeting each other's eyes, four of them nodded and immediately left the backstage, leaving Chaeyeon and her team inside.

 

Chaeyeon chuckles to herself. Being someone who doesn't want to snag the spotlight, she just tells her teammates to stay put.

 

"Let's just dance here."

 

Oh, g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter