Train Ride Home (Kkubi)

How To Not Break A Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wrote this on impulse. No proof reading done. So yeah~

For the lonely hearts


 

Buzzing sound from her phone awakens her into the real world. Sakura pried it out of her slack pocket and saw the name. 

 

“Hi” weakly she answered.

“Hi. Where you at?” the sweet voice asked.

“Train” Sakura answered short.

“Ahh.. Okay. Don’t exceed 11. Or else I’ll have to pick you up” she chuckled.

“No Mother. I already memorise the schedule. Last one would be 11:30”

“Okay okay” the other person said. Defeated.

“Take care” she added.

“Will do” with a weak smile she hung up.

 

It’s her routine. Every once in a while, Sakura does that. Going on a train ride going anywhere she feels like. Her TnGo card was always set at hundred so she can go anywhere without worrying. 

 

Her first time riding the train alone in the city, she was freshly 21. Not really sure about her future or anything about the universe. She took the wrong train a few times or went to the wrong lane and ended up missing the train. 

 

But every time she realised she’s in the wrong station, she took a deep breath and stayed at her place. Only getting out at the busiest station so it doesn’t feel like she’s alone.

 

It was amusing to be where you are unfamiliar with everything and see people rushing past you. Either knowing or not knowing what will happen or how their life would turn out. Every one of them is leading their own storyline.

 

It feeds the feeling of loneliness she’s carrying. Sometimes laced with sadness. Few times she knows where it comes from but most of the time it just comes naturally. Like a bird resting at the tree branch on a school compound. Near the field during the summer evening.

 

And so it becomes a habit. Taking a train going anywhere everytime she feels emptiness visiting her soul. Loneliness, it’s hard to describe but maybe you can just imagine yourself being empty inside like a can of spray paint running out of the liquid. Nothing inside. Just a hollow tube.


 

Loneliness, for all she knows and is able to define is darkness. Sometimes feeling like you’re drowning and clueless. Wondering of the answer to a question you don’t even know what. Wondering why we would feel so lost when we are lonely?

 

Sometimes it's not that we have nothing but the feelings just come by themselves. Uninvited.


 

Her phone buzzes again with the same name and 2 notifications. A spotify link and a headphone emoji.

She took out her headphones despite being half hearted and plugged it in. Clicking on the link sent by Her.


 

‘ https://open.spotify.com/track/5Gg8XlEKwLlTbvYYdjseuT?si=QGE6H-GjSYazRlLTgUPVPA 🎧 ’

Slow instruments knocked in for almost 30 seconds until the low deep voice sings.

 

Waiting down at the station

I don’t remember, I think it was late then

Standing, always so quiet

We’re like elevators, filled up with strangers


 

Sakura took a stand not far from the ladies’ coach and watched the people around. Some were scrolling through their phone,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter