Chapter 2

Next To You

 

“We’re here.” Minho says calmly as they stand in front of their room. “I’ll open the door. I wonder how it’ll look.” Minho continues.

With the older going first they entered their shared sleeping place. The hotel room was spacious, nicely decorated and provided everything they needed. From a tv to hairdryer, there was nothing to ask for.

“So, which side of the bed do you wanna sleep on Hyunjin?” Minho asked while throwing his luggage at a corner.

“Hmm, next to the window if you don’t mind?”

“Sure.”

The two men then proceeded to organize their clothes, because they will stay in this hotel for a while and didn’t want their room to be too chaotic. Minho took out his boxers and connecting his mobile to it and turned some music on for them to hear.

“If you don’t like a song, just go ahead and change it.” Hyunjin just humms. The first song they listened to was BTS’s Run. In silence they do their own thing. Hyunjin however wanted to dress into something more comfortable for now and if he was with anyone else, he would’ve changed right at the spot. He doesn’t even mind walking around in his underwear. He’d probably even run around without anything at all, if he shared his room with I.N or Felix. But with Minho… he had that kind of relationship where he actually goes into the bathroom to change, which he did.

When he returned, he saw the older laying across their bed looking into his phone. Just as he wanted to speak up, they heard a knock at the door. Surprised Hyunjin swayed his heard towards the door wondering who it could be.

“Did anyone say they wanted to come over?” Hyunjin asked while going to the door.

“Nope, the others were planning to go grab something to eat, but not yet now.”

“Hmm.” Just as he touched the doorknob Minho determinedly rises his voice a little.

“Don’t open it. Look through the spyhole first.” A little startled the younger obeys. No one to be seen.

“Maybe Seungmin was bored and decided to prank us.” He shrugs and looked at Minho who was just staring at him with his ever so slightly disgusted face.

“What is it?”

“Nothing, just the thought of that little devil.” He says when he his belly and occupied himself with his mobile. “Anyway, do you wanna leave later with the boys as well?” Minho asked.

“Sounds nice, I guess we’re not the only ones getting awake again thanks to the jetlag.” He finally takes his phone as well and looked into their group chat.

 

Han: I wanna eat something ---

Woojin: how about chicken?

Felix: we always eat chicken hyung!

Minho: anything’s fine with me

Woojin: but chicken is great!

Chan: I’ll ask our manager later when we can leave and stuff

Felix: what means later?

I.N: We’re hungry now!

Seungmin: count Changbin and me in!

Han: let Changbin survive until then!

Woojin: so you guys don’t wanna eat chicken?

Felix: I swear I just heard something!! D:

Chan: What?

Minho: you guys are in the same room lol

Changbin: How about we go to McDonalds?

Seungmin: Changbin Hyung, just no

I.N: when shall we get going?

Felix: Okay seriously did anyone knock at our door or wall?

Han: lol no?

Woojin: I’m not even sure where exactly all your rooms are… *thinking*

Chan: did you open the door though Felix?

Seungmin: I love how you ask him while you’re in the same room lol

Felix: yeah, but nobody was there.

Minho: someone knocked at our door too, but Hyunjin didn’t open tho

Hyunjin: exactly

Hyunjin: so what are we gonna eat? Doesn’t the hotel have a bar or something?

I.N: as long as they don’t know that I am underage….

Chan: Jongin, I’ll take care of you!! O.O

Hyunjin: don’t worry you’ll get a sip from me 😉

Woojin: Hyunjin watch out what you’re saying!

Hyunjin: hahaha

 

He left the chat grinning and sat down next to Minho. (a little far off though) Just then he remembered that he wanted to send the previously taken selfies to the other. He looks through his phone and looks at all their pictures again, deleting the bad or blurred ones. He noticed that most of the pictures are a strike and for the first time noticed Minho’s delicate and pretty features. He really had a pretty face he thought. He kept on scrolling through, until he found a picture that piqued his interest. Whatever it was that Minho saw, thought or heard that moment, it made him smile genuinely and innocently. For some reason Hyunjin found happiness in seeing that smile, even though he wasn’t the reason for it. Further it was something he rarely if not ever saw. Minho would smile or laugh in front of him but not like this. One more thing that made him wonder why he did it just then.

After organizing the pictures, he opens Kakao Talk only to find his private chat with Minho rather far below. He figured it to be there, since he seldomly talked to him in private. Apparently, they last chatted privately 3 months ago. Dang, that’s some time. But, well they saw each other every day, so it was probably not too bad?

He selected the best pictures and contemplates for a moment whether he should include that one picture… A faint smile and he unselected it, sending his roommate all the other pictures, except for one. He hits send and instantly hears Minho’s mobile buzzing at all the incoming photos.

“There are the pictures we took earlier!”

“Yeah, thanks.”

Suddenly his phone rings as well and he see’s a new message from their leader in the group chat:

 

Chan: listen up everyone, everyone needs to stay at their hotel room today…

Han: what?? Whyyyy T_T didn’t we want to go outside eating?

Chan: yeah, but I talked to our managers and they say that there might be some fans near the hotel and that we need to be careful

Hyunjin: just take the fans with us to eat?

Changbin: ha ha very funny

Chan: they said we need to keep a low profile, because they recon that some fans have already spotted us and want to meet us….

I.N: :O

Minho: makes sense…. So no food for you Hannie

Han: can we still go to the other’s rooms?

Chan: I’d suggest you do not….. sorry guys, I just want the best for you and the least amount of trouble for everyone.

Woojin: we understand, don’t worry

Seungmin: I think we can still order take out?

Changbin: yeah, sounds good

Felix: alright, I’ll ask the mangers with Chan hyung to bring us some food or at least accept the food for us.

Hyunjin: alright!

 

Sighing Hyunjin put his mobile on the table next to his bed. So, he couldn’t escape being alone with Minho…

“So, what do you wanna eat?” the older asked.

“I don’t know…. Pizza?”

“Bye bye diet I guess…”

“Uhm… then what abo-“ Hyunjin got interrupted by a small snort and gets nervous.

“That was a joke, I don’t mind pizza. Eating junk food now and then doesn’t hurt.” He reassures, while the younger is still somewhat agitated.

“Alright I will tell Chan to get us a pizza. Which style for you?”

“Prosciutto” gaining a nod from the other, Hyunjin decides to ask the same question, because vice versa he doesn’t know what he likes.

“The same” Minho winked playfully, leaving a baffled Hyunjin behind.

“Ah, okay…. I will take a shower for now, maybe the pizza will be here by then.”

“Yeah yeah do so, I’ll stay here, not that I have any choice to run away anyway…..”

And with that Hyunjin took his change clothes and everything he needed into the bathroom and started washing himself. When he finished, he stands in front of the sink with the towel around his waist. Stabilizing his upper body, he grips the sink and observes himself in the mirror. Black hair with water pearls slowly dripping down, plump lips and his necklace still on. The air is steamy from the hot shower he just took and he feels slightly lightheaded.

In moments like these he sometimes just wishes to be somewhere else. It’s not often, but often enough for him to remember all these times. He sometimes wonders if he did the right thing with pursuing the career of an idol. He’s still young and has a long way to go. He still had all the options in his life and being an idol can help him save some money for himself for later and his family. But sometimes he marvels whether it’s all worth it. Despite loving all s and getting to know so many people and experience so many different things…. He sometimes just wishes he could go to bed at the end of a day and not worry about anything. Not about how to act in front of people, what to wear, what to say, what to do, what he did bad on the dance practice, what to do in the recording studio. Just as he holds the sink, he feels that he needs something in his life to hold on. He knows that he can count on Jongin or Felix, his best buddies. They are always there for him and he can rely on them and fully trust them. He loves them, but having fun with your idol friends isn’t the same as to wildly live your teenage years as a normal guy without all the publicity. However sometimes what he’s missing is just a tight hug from his mother, whom he rarely sees. But maybe he was missing something else, that even he himself wasn’t aware of what exactly it was.

It was getting too hot inside the bathroom and he completely forgot whom he shared the hotel room with, so with still just the towel around his waist, he opened the door to the rest of the room, letting some cold air enter. He sighs and keeps looking into the mirror, not noticing that Minho observed him from the bed. Hyunjin turns around and leaves the bathroom with his eyes almost closed.

“Okay, I’m finished, you can shower next Min-“ He rips his eyes open in shock when he was about to say the other’s name. He directs his gaze towards Minho. A moment of silence in which Minho cutely looked expectantly at the younger, waiting for him to complete his sentence. “Uh, yeah you can go in, just let me quickly get something to wear.” He stutters and awkwardly laughs, gaining a hum in reply. He quickly turns around and goes straight to the bathroom, franticly putting on his clothes. He couldn’t believe that he just left the bathroom half and that Minho saw him like this, even though he prepared everything in order not to let that happen. He distraughtly groans at himself. After a few moments he calmed down again. When he came back in the pizza was already there. He couldn’t hide his excitement at the sight.

“Just in time for the pizza.”

“Yeah, I’ve been starving!”

They ate the pizza while watching TV, pretending to understand something, especially Minho. While Hyunjin could somewhat understand some of the English programs, the older just tried to guess the content by the actor’s behavior. Minho only ate about half the pizza and waited until Hyunjin was finished with his, who unlike the other, finished the whole thing.

“You weren’t really hungry now, were you?”

“More or less.” He shrugs. “I was surprised that we both liked the same pizza style, but seeing you eating like a wildling is more surprising”

“Hey! I was really hungry and I haven’t eaten pizza in ages!” Hyunjin whines. Chuckling the older stands up.

“Anyway, I’m taking a shower as well. And by the way…. Great body” He dismisses himself with a nonchalant wink, leaving a blushing Hyunjin behind. Said male just hides his face in his palms. Flustered Hyunjin start to believe that Minho on purpose, foreseeing his reaction.

The rest of the evening went smoothly and they didn’t bring up Minho’s commentary again, not that it held any big meaning to it anyway. As it was getting late, fatigue came over them again and they shut the curtains and dimmed the lights. Hyunjin offered to set the alarm and Minho accepted. Hyunjin was already eager to finally sleep. He made it himself cozy and closed his eyes. Just that moment Minho had turned the lights off completely.

“Good night Hyunjin.”

“Good night Minho hyung.”

Hyunjin recalled what happened that day and rethinks to the selfies he took with Minho earlier. Unintentionally a smile crept his way on his lips. He had to admit, on that one picture he really did look cute.

 

A/N:

Since I started to write this story before the news about Woojin, he will still be a part of this story.

Kakao Talk is a messenger like WhattsApp or Line, but it's pretty much only used in Korea.

About the pizza: I just chose the pizza I liked myself, cause why not.... xD

Comments and critique are highly appreciated!